Let’s see those pedals?

Comments

• I started acquiring pedals for my "Bells & Whistles" board 2 years ago. Life happened and priorities changed. I finally have all the pedals I set out to get, and a Novo 32 with a Voodoo Mondo for power. I will be assembling this weekend.   

• Just for the record, my forum name has nothing to do with Qanon. I've had the same name since 2002. 

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Just for the record, my forum name has nothing to do with Qanon. I've had the same name since 2002. 

Sure. That's exactly what someone affiliated with Qanon would say. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    Thanks for the replies, folks.

I just looked at my other two pedals (DODs), and they require 10 volts.

MOTHERFUCKER!!

As for the mic, I used to run my old mic through my guitar amp, but it sounded terrible. I just don't think I'm willing to spend all this extra cash on cords another fucking speaker box and another preamp. Will likely just donate the new mic to a school program or something.
    So I ordered this thing: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/1SpotProCS7--truetone-1-spot-pro-cs7-7-output-isolated-guitar-pedal-power-supply.

Same brand as the kit @opsopcopolis posted above, but it looks like it has inputs for 12v and 18v. I reckon I can use the 12v inputs for my DODs. 

Expensive, but I figure it’ll be worth it in the long run if I acquire more pedals. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM

This is going to be a BYOC Analog Chorus. It's a clone of the Boss CE-2 and uses NOS BBD chips. I finished with the resistors last night but still have quite a lot to do. 

Those resistors are tiny and it was a pain in the ass to sort them and get them soldered. 

This thing better sound great for all the tedious work it takes to build!

Board mostly populated.
    Enclosure mostly drilled. 

Analog Chorus mostly finished. 
    dudeman said:

Nice! I can barely hear a difference with my chorus pedal (Donner Tutti Love mini pedal). I either fried it using the wrong kind of plug when I first got it, or it just doesn't affect the sound much since I have a tremolo bridge. I don't know.

Perhaps I'll try another one at some point to test that former theory.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,110
    dudeman said:

looks awesome!!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Thanks guys!

Got it all finished up and mounted on my bass board. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to do a loud volume test but it sounds killer through my headphones. Very deep, almost flanger territory with this one. With the Rate set low and the Depth maxed out, it really nails the "46 and 2" tone.

Really pleased with how this turned out. Total investment was about $65.00 and a few hours of my time. 

dudeman said:
    Thanks guys!

Got it all finished up and mounted on my bass board. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to do a loud volume test but it sounds killer through my headphones. Very deep, almost flanger territory with this one. With the Rate set low and the Depth maxed out, it really nails the "46 and 2" tone.

Really pleased with how this turned out. Total investment was about $65.00 and a few hours of my time. 

Awesome stuff! Did you make the Bastard as well? 
    dankind said:
    dudeman said:

Nice! I can barely hear a difference with my chorus pedal (Donner Tutti Love mini pedal). I either fried it using the wrong kind of plug when I first got it, or it just doesn't affect the sound much since I have a tremolo bridge. I don't know.

Got this guy to work!

Just had to turn down the gain on my amp—something people who understand these things likely already know.  Anyway, it’s a nice little pedal. Dialed in R.E.M. “Drive” sound quite nicely. I was using my flanger on that one, but I think this chorus suits it better. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    dudeman said:
    Thanks guys!

dankind said:
    dudeman said:

Got this guy to work!

Just had to turn down the gain on my amp—something people who understand these things likely already know.  Anyway, it’s a nice little pedal. Dialed in R.E.M. “Drive” sound quite nicely. I was using my flanger on that one, but I think this chorus suits it better. 
    Thanks man! Yeah, I made the Bastard too. Pics and description are up thread somewhere. 

Great news about your Donner too! I've heard good things about them but never messed around with any of their stuff.
    dudeman said:
    dankind said:
    dudeman said:
    Thanks guys!

dankind said:
    dudeman said:

Got this guy to work!

Thanks man! Yeah, I made the Bastard too. Pics and description are up thread somewhere. 

Great news about your Donner too! I've heard good things about them but never messed around with any of their stuff.
    Cool beans. 

And yeah, I can play Cure songs now. Stoked. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Just set this little thing up with my three pedals and power source. How did I do?

Looks like I might have room for one more mini. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Nicely done! A mini delay pedal would round it out well. 
    edited February 2021
    dudeman said:
    Nicely done! A mini delay pedal would round it out well. 
    Ha! Text chain with a buddy of mine earlier. 

Edit: Rats! The one I want appears to be sold out; I signed up to be notified if/when it comes back in stock. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Haha! Great minds and all that. 
    dudeman said:
    Bought the out-of-stock pedal I wanted from Sweetwater. If they never get it back in stock, I guess I get my money back. Also, as mentioned above, I signed up for an alert with the manufacturer if it's restocked there.

Are pedals like posters/vinyl -- that is, do you have to buy them as soon as they are released or get sodomized by flippers otherwise?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    dankind said:
    dudeman said:
    Bought the out-of-stock pedal I wanted from Sweetwater. If they never get it back in stock, I guess I get my money back. Also, as mentioned above, I signed up for an alert with the manufacturer if it's restocked there.

Are pedals like posters/vinyl -- that is, do you have to buy them as soon as they are released or get sodomized by flippers otherwise?
    It is insane right now.  Sweetwater has 1 model of Gibson les Paul on their site.  This is pandemic related as demand is high and production was slowed.

As I learn more about the guitar market it is interesting that guitars are flipped just like we do with posters.  Just at much higher dollars.
    dankind said:
    dudeman said:

It is insane right now.  Sweetwater has 1 model of Gibson les Paul on their site.  This is pandemic related as demand is high and production was slowed.

As I learn more about the guitar market it is interesting that guitars are flipped just like we do with posters.  Just at much higher dollars.
    Well, I got a call from the Sweetwater rep, and he said that he expects the pedals to be restocked by late March. So I guess, for now, I don't have to look on the secondary market.

Side note: I dig Sweetwater and all, but they call me after every order I place. It's a level of customer service that borders on irksome. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    dudeman said:

There are definitely some people who try to do that shit but not nearly to the degree of posters and vinyl on here or FB.

Pedals can become pretty addictive though. Before you know it, you'll be running out of places to keep them all. 

I took this picture last night. The orange pedal with the dude on the chopper on it came yesterday. After I had convinced myself that I didn't want any more pedals last month, I have added another 6.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Haha, Cycle of my pedalboard ....complete happiness with the pedals at my disposal, bragging aloud that I’m super happy and can’t see myself adding/swapping pedals, adding/swapping a pedal or multiple pedals but still maintaining the overall pedal chain and board layout, adding/swapping enough to need a whole board reboot, 

Nice thing, I’ve really honed in on my personal do’s and don’t s and can generally have a pretty clean overhaul in a few hours. I usually sell off anything not getting used. 

What’s the 2 switch box below the wah?
    Yeah man! It's a sickness like no other. 

The pedal below the wah is an amp foot switch. Nothing too exciting.
  • New Board.

I'm really happy with how this turned out. It's so quiet! (why is my main board so loud?) This thing is lots of FUN.

Holy shit, that's big! Very impressive!
    edited February 2021

I finished this up today. It's a BYOC kit based on the Ram's Head Big Muff but it has a 3-way Mids switch that alters the frequency center of the tone stack. Gives you the option of Scooped (stock), Flat or Boosted midrange. The other switch removes the tone stack altogether and that gives a lot more output and dirt with a more open sound. 

This one was really fun to build and it sounds awesome. 
    Post edited by dudeman on
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 771
    edited February 2021
    dudeman said:
    Thanks, that's what she said! =) Seriously though, I'm in awe of your pedal building skills.
    I'm about to start a Frankenstrat build and have no idea what I'm doing. I'm scared shitless.

Post edited by qontheboard on
    dudeman said:
    Thanks, that's what she said! =) Seriously though, I'm in awe of your pedal building skills.
    I'm about to start a Frankenstrat build and have no idea what I'm doing. I'm scared shitless.

Thanks man! Your Strat build will be great. Just give yourself lots of time and don't work on it while you're distracted. 

That's sure to be a rewarding experience. I'm excited to see the finished product!
  • dudeman said:
    dudeman said:

Thanks man! Your Strat build will be great. Just give yourself lots of time and don't work on it while you're distracted. 

That's sure to be a rewarding experience. I'm excited to see the finished product!
    Thanks for the advice dudeman! Hopefully when the build is done I will have learned how to set up a Strat. Now that would be rewarding.