scarface
    young guns 2
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Casablanca
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    Casablanca
    Sweden's great Ingrid in that one! 

Love Casablanca. The greatest movie ever made? Maybe.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    dankind said:
    Casablanca
    Sweden's great Ingrid in that one! 

Love Casablanca. The greatest movie ever made? Maybe.
    Seriously!  So many great lines that have stood the test of time and are still quoted regularly.  Love, love, love this movie.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    edited February 2021
    goldrush said:
    tbergs said:
    dankind said:
    I like Toy Story.  We went to the theater to see the most recent one and the kid loved it.
    I will admit that I was reading the credits, saw names such as John Lasseter, Joss Whedon, and Tim Allen, and thought fuck this movie before it even began. 
    Wait, should I be mad at Whedon for something? I love his work.
    There are stories coming out about the way he (mis)treated people from as far back as the Buffy days.
    Look up the Ray Fisher or Charisma Carpenter news stories to start. 
    Also, SMG, Amber Benson, and Michelle Trachtenberg. Even James Marsters has revealed an abusive interaction with JW when Spike was becoming hugely popular with fans. It’s so disappointing, but really not surprising. There were so many clues in the way characters were treated as well as the way SMG announced leaving the show.

Edited for thread integrity.

Blast from the Past (1999)
     The Mechanic: Resurrection (2016)
    Post edited by Fifthelement on
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,415
    Image result for as above so below
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ordinary People

Beautiful.

Makes me tear up every time.
    Image result for murder my sweet
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

@Spiritual_Chaos what can you tell me about the swedish movie called The Lady In Black??..
    thank you..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited February 2021
    23scidoo said:
    @Spiritual_Chaos what can you tell me about the swedish movie called The Lady In Black??..
    thank you..
    Are you talking about the Daniel Radcliff movie "The Woman in Black"? I know that one somehow had some swedish money involved, because the Swedish company "Film i väst/Film in West" where I work sometimes had a poster up for it in their lobby back in the day...
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited February 2021
    Or du you mean the movie "Damen i svart" (The lady in black") from 1958? 

I have not seen that.... I've seen two movies in that series (of five films)... the follow up Mannäkäng i rött (Mannequin in Red?), also from -58 I saw a few years back with my mom. It was fun seeing old time Sweden on film in color, and was remastered so it looked great. 

We also watched "Ryttare i blått" (Horserider in blue?) from 1959 but I remember it feeling cheaper.

But it was like... ordinary "thrillers/Detective stories"... but I guess if you want to go through them you should start with the first one.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Maybe I should watch The Lady in Black from 58... it's available on one of the streaming services here...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Or du you mean the movie "Damen i svart" (The lady in black") from 1958? 

I have not seen that.... I've seen two movies in that series (of five films)... the follow up Mannäkäng i rött (Mannequin in Red?), also from -58 I saw a few years back with my mom. It was fun seeing old time Sweden on film in color, and was remastered so it looked great. 

We also watched "Ryttare i blått" (Horserider in blue?) from 1959 but I remember it feeling cheaper.

But it was like... ordinary "thrillers/Detective stories"... but I guess if you want to go through them you should start with the first one.

The Art Direction is great in that first shot.  (The windows - wait, is there a person hanging there?)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Or du you mean the movie "Damen i svart" (The lady in black") from 1958? 

The Art Direction is great in that first shot.  (The windows - wait, is there a person hanging there?)
    I won't tell you. Haha.

But the opening titles are charming:

https://youtu.be/YPR16mRtC3g
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    The Dig
    My husband picked it.  I liked it much more than I expected to.  I didn't think anybody but English majors knew or cared about Sutton Hoo, so I was surprised that someone would make a movie about its discovery.  There's some drama thrown in with various characters to make it more, I don't know, relatable.  I enjoyed it, but my prince and I were both English majors.  :lol:

"The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,017
    Judas & the black messiah

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    The Dig
    My husband picked it.  I liked it much more than I expected to.  I didn't think anybody but English majors knew or cared about Sutton Hoo, so I was surprised that someone would make a movie about its discovery.  There's some drama thrown in with various characters to make it more, I don't know, relatable.  I enjoyed it, but my prince and I were both English majors.  :lol:

English Lit & Language - but I did not recall Sutton Hoo. 
    Guess the discovery was too late for the stuff I studied, although I am interest in what they found.
    Will check it out.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    The Dig

Two hIstorians here. Will definitely watch this now. Have a book here at home about Surtin Hoo. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Soul
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    The Dig

Two hIstorians here. Will definitely watch this now. Have a book here at home about Surtin Hoo. 
    That's cool.  I was a medievalist, so it seemed like all my textbooks had something about Sutton Hoo.  :lol:
    Without any spoilers, it's about the excavation of a 6th century burial ship of an Anglo-Saxon king.  So the movie isn't an action adventure but it's still interesting to see how it was excavated, especially about the amateur archaeologist who discovered it and the beautiful things that were found there.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Maybe I should watch The Lady in Black from 58... it's available on one of the streaming services here...
    That one..comes on Netflix and looks interesting..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Nomadland? Anyone?  Thinking of watching it tonight.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Malroth said:
    Nomadland? Anyone?  Thinking of watching it tonight.
    Same here. I adore both leads.

And Frances’ eyes. Damn. I’m almost more taken with them than I am her acting chops. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    True Grit (2010)

The Little Things
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Image result for The Wild Goose Lake
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• 23scidoo said:
    Maybe I should watch The Lady in Black from 58... it's available on one of the streaming services here...
    Well watch it! If you find it okey you can continue through all five films in the series. With that detective-couple

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    MIdsommar

WTF was that? Weird. wild, trippy, disturbing. Still not sure how I feel about it though :confounded:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Nomadland   
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    23scidoo said:
    Well watch it! If you find it okey you can continue through all five films in the series. With that detective-couple
    I will, thank you..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.