What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:

The Peckinpah is better, but I'm sensing a theme.

Might I suggest Yojimbo and Sanjuro -- and then, of, course, The Seven Samurai.
    Yep....I read a list of best westerns and marked a bunch to watch or re-watch.
    Agree about looking at Kurosawa again.  Been since college....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    dankind said:

The Peckinpah is better, but I'm sensing a theme.

Might I suggest Yojimbo and Sanjuro -- and then, of, course, The Seven Samurai.
    When I discovered those films, I absolutely loved them. Kurosawa and Mifune formed an awesome combination.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • This weekends movies: 

- A swedish movie no one here have heard about

and 

- Super Mario Bros
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    This weekends movies: 

and 

- Super Mario Bros
    Like, the Bob Hoskins version? I enjoyed that wacky movie as a teen. Entertainingly fun and Hopper was "in" at that time so having him as the baddie was cool.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Eve’s Bayou
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    The movie that Hitchcock would love to make..

CHARADE 1963 - Cary Grant - Audrey Hepburn - Directed by Stanley Donen _  Universal - DVD cover art  Film afileri Sinema Film

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • tbergs said:
    This weekends movies: 

and 

- Super Mario Bros
    Like, the Bob Hoskins version? I enjoyed that wacky movie as a teen. Entertainingly fun and Hopper was "in" at that time so having him as the baddie was cool.
    Yeah. The Bob Hoskins movie. I remember it being a weird cross between Blade Runner and a Cronenberg-movie with zero Super Mario Bros. So will be fun rewatching!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    True Lies
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:
    Eve’s Bayou
    A favorite of mine.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Apples 2020 - IMDb
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    ikiT said:
    California Typewriter

Thanks to Tom Hanks, I now am the proud owner of three goddamn old assed typewriters. 
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2021
    ikiT said:
    ikiT said:
    California Typewriter

Thanks to Tom Hanks, I now am the proud owner of three goddamn old assed typewriters. 
    I had a beautiful orange typewriter I used for graphic art etc. But I once dropped it on the floor and it stopped working correctly :/

Maybe I should keep a look out for a new identical one (could it have been called silver reed or something like that)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I still have an old hardcase Smith-Corona. I just never learned how to type properly. 

Maybe one of the kids will get a kick out of it. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    The Royal Tenenbaums.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:
    I still have an old hardcase Smith-Corona. I just never learned how to type properly. 

I used to use my dad’s Smith-Corona for school papers when I was a kid (learned to type early). I still remember its strange but pleasant smell. 
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:

I used to use my dad’s Smith-Corona for school papers when I was a kid (learned to type early). I still remember its strange but pleasant smell. 
    Clickety-clack of a typewriter draws forth warm images of my grandfather, seated at a large wooden desk, focused steel-blue eyes, brow furrowed, a halo of pipe smoke. I was so intrigued as to what he typed. His memoirs? A novel? Probably just letters to the editor. Ding!
    :rofl:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    The Platform. Hated it.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    The Little Things
  • Started watching HARD TARGET yesterday night, but felt ill and went to bed after 30 minutes. 

But fun watching the "Let's put Van Damme into movies with a real budget" movies that started with Universal Soldier I guess. Wanna rewatch SUDDEN DEATH - but it's not available to stream anywhere... but I guess it's worth a rent.

RK50065 said:
    The Platform. Hated it.
    The spanish??..me too..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    edited January 2021
    23scidoo said:
    RK50065 said:
    The Platform. Hated it.
    The spanish??..me too..
    My version on Netflix was dubbed over in English, but the closed captioning was slightly different dialog (which you really didn't need). Certainly not what I expected, and pretty damn gory. Up there with Requiem for a Dream for most f'd up movies I've seen. 
    Post edited by RK50065 on
    Spider-Man: Homecoming
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    The Little Things
    How was this? Looks good to me but reviews are a little rough (for what they’re worth). 
    RK50065 said:
    23scidoo said:
    RK50065 said:
    The Platform. Hated it.
    The spanish??..me too..
    My version on Netflix was dubbed over in English, but the closed captioning was slightly different dialog (which you really didn't need). Certainly not what I expected, and pretty damn gory. Up there with Requiem for a Dream for most f'd up movies I've seen. 
    It's the same shit i saw on Netflix..
    i love Requiem..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

bbiggs said:
    The Little Things
    How was this? Looks good to me but reviews are a little rough (for what they’re worth). 
    It was ok.  Good acting and I liked some parts.
    Worth watching but I wouldn't rave about it.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    bbiggs said:
    The Little Things
    It was ok.  Good acting and I liked some parts.
    Worth watching but I wouldn't rave about it.
    I watched it as well. I agree with your assessment. The acting was great. But I am glad I saw it on at home on TV, and didn't pay in the theater.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited February 2021
    Denzel double feature

the little things and He Got Game

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018