Options

*** Adelaide 2 Fanviews Here 22/11/06 ***

Comments

• Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    How good was present tense!! it was a perfect setlist last night.. the crowd wasnt as good as night 1 but who gives a fuck what a show they put on for us over 2 nights.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    interesting - i actually thought ed seemed healthier last night compared to adelaide 1. i really noticed it at adelaide 1. meh :)
    agreed. he wasnt spitting up as much as night 1. getting better i think
    Adelaide 7/3/98, Adelaide 16/02/03, Melbourne 18-19/02/03, Brisbane 10-11/11/06, Adelaide 21-22/11/06, Adelaide 17/11/06, Sydney 22/11/06, Brisbane 25/11/06, EV- Adelaide 27-28/03/11...
  • Options
    pearl_man wrote:
    agreed. he wasnt spitting up as much as night 1. getting better i think

remember ed did a big spit during DTE and landed near the security guards hehe

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    3 words:

Present. Fucking. Tense.

Had a really great night last night... 2nd row Mike, with my mates (wish Whip and Shirlo could've made it 5 in a row!). Adelaide 2 is just behind Brisbane 1 as my favourite show so far, based on setlist and feeling alone. After an amazing day, we have a great pre-show. The setlist was perfect last night... could've got Rats, but we got Satan's Bed and NAIS instead ;) PT was moment of the tour for me. Having a relaxing day watching us slaughter the Poms, fly out to Perth tonight ready for an amazing party on Saturday. Just gonna be a blast.
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • Options
    3 words:

Present. Fucking. Tense.

Had a really great night last night... 2nd row Mike, with my mates (wish Whip and Shirlo could've made it 5 in a row!). Adelaide 2 is just behind Brisbane 1 as my favourite show so far, based on setlist and feeling alone. After an amazing day, we have a great pre-show. The setlist was perfect last night... could've got Rats, but we got Satan's Bed and NAIS instead ;) PT was moment of the tour for me. Having a relaxing day watching us slaughter the Poms, fly out to Perth tonight ready for an amazing party on Saturday. Just gonna be a blast.

hey judd my seats werent as good last night my worst seats all tour but Present Tense could almost have been the moment of the year for me also.

• Options
    Zoso wrote:
    hey judd my seats werent as good last night my worst seats all tour but Present Tense could almost have been the moment of the year for me also.

;) right on, tim. last night was just brilliant.
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • Options
    3 words:

Present. Fucking. Tense.

present tence just PEARLTASTIC :D! absolutally blew me away!

im flying out tonight as well, wouldn't be suprised if there is a few pj fans on flight....maybe even pearl jam?? or is that a bit to wishful??
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Options
    present tence just PEARLTASTIC :D! absolutally blew me away!

im flying out tonight as well, wouldn't be suprised if there is a few pj fans on flight....maybe even pearl jam?? or is that a bit to wishful??

we're 99.999987% sure that the band themselves have their own chartered plane for the tour. the crew still flies domestic qantas though.

lifewasted.net
  • Options
    we're 99.999987% sure that the band themselves have their own chartered plane for the tour. the crew still flies domestic qantas though.

I have been told this man times also.

• Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Zoso wrote:
    remember ed did a big spit during DTE and landed near the security guards hehe

Eww.. hey someone should have collected Ed's sputum and sold it on E-bay. ;)
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    Eww.. hey someone should have collected Ed's sputum and sold it on E-bay. ;)

I would have bidded for it.

• Options
    wow, really wouldn't have expected that! fair enough tho, especially if ed is still crook...

now where should i be going if i wanted to 'bump' into pearl jam in perth....
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Options
    Another great show for Adelaide, not as good as the 1st IMO due to no 10C seats, and the place wasn't as full, but still a great set that covered all albums in order and then back again!

I believe in miracles was awesome, especially coz I wore my ramones top! Satans Bed and Present Tense..clear standouts
    innane wrote:

will perth get out of my mine, pry to and frikkin who you are for christs sakes?

My God, WHO YOU ARE would be unbelieveable!!!!!
    "this is such a happening tail-pipe of a party"

Adelaide 98; Adelaide 03; Melbourne 03 #2; Brisbane 06 #2; Adelaide 06 #1 & #2; Perth 06; Adelaide 09; Melbourne 09; Gold Coast BDO 14; Adelaide BDO 14
    EV Aus 2011: Adelaide #1 & #2; Canberra
  • Options
    wow, really wouldn't have expected that! fair enough tho, especially if ed is still crook...

now where should i be going if i wanted to 'bump' into pearl jam in perth....

It wouldn't surprise me if they're in Perth already and Ed is checking out the great wineries and surfing spots down in Margaret River area.
  • Options
    2X4 wrote:
    why not ???

any other concert not have 10 club tickets available.

let me clarify for everyone. both nights my tickets sucked.

thanks 10 club. you are ordinary.

you are an embarrassment to adelaide.

hope we have all clarified to you, they you are indeed an ordinary clown.

"oohh my tickets sucked.. boo hoo". buy better ones then. you can always find a way to upgrade if you really want to.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    How cool were the Adelaide shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, Satan's Bed ws the best song from night 2!!

(Could be because I spent the afternoon slicing up a pillowcase from the apartments I was staying in and drawing up the sign :D:D:D:D:D)
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • Options
    you can always find a way to upgrade if you really want to.

Yep.. like me. We didn't like our Section 29 seats at Acer Arena in Sydney so went for a walk and snuck into some unallocated seats in the rear view/side section. :p
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    2X4 wrote:
    why not ???

any other concert not have 10 club tickets available.

let me clarify for everyone. both nights my tickets sucked.

thanks 10 club. you are ordinary.

2x4, you need a whack across the head with your namesake.

It wasn't 10 Club's choice to not have fanclub tickets each night, don't you think if it was up to them they would've? The decision rests with the promoter Michael Coppell, so perhaps you should direct your outburst at his company and not the fanclub who does their best to provide great seats to the fans who want them.

I really can't imagine your fanclub seats for night 1 sucking either. Seeing as you obviously thought your Ticketek tickets for night 2 were in someway related to the fanclub, I kinda doubt that you are aware of the process involved in purchasing fanclub tickets anyway. So, you're kinda full of shit.

Rock on.
  • Options

"oohh my tickets sucked.. boo hoo". buy better ones then. you can always find a way to upgrade if you really want to.

yeah I have to agree last night I was in section A to the side wayy to the side worst seats of the year by far. Im used to the floor and the first 10 rows but I'm not complaining it was a killer show and just the fact that PJ played 2 shows in our small city means more than any seat number. They could have easily missed Adelaide all together.

• Options
    pccmpccm Posts: 3
    My GF & I saw PJ in Adelaide in 98, & were both dissappointed they didn't play Porch.
    I'd been watching the set lists & had figgered we had a good chance they'd play it tonight, given they hadn't for a while.

I DIDN'T THINK THEY'D OPEN WITH IT. OMG MY BRAIN NEARLY IMPLODED!!!!

& just when I'd slightly recovered they blew my brain all over again with Present Tense. OMG

What an incredible show. Amazing set, amazing crowd. You guys are right, no words will ever truly capture the magnificence that was last night. We'll have to invent new ones.

Well done to whomever figured out the 10 to AGO & back set list - wiley! Love that they trusted us enough to do something a little different.

I nearly didn't go (over from Eyre Peninsula for night) - I'm so glad I did. I'd never have forgiven myself reading that set list & not having seen it. Just wish I'd managed to get tickets for both nights.

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING THE 2ND, PJ!!!
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Kennardly wrote:
    2X4, I don't understand - you couldn't have gotten seats from the fan club for Adelaide 2 so how can you say they gave you terrible seats?

btw you're the first person I've ever heard complain about 10 club seats.

cheers

The Ten Club have absolutely come up trumps this tour. My first ever Ten Club seat at Melb 1 and I was extremely happy with it, sure it wasn't front row (or even in the first ten) but it's the best seat I've ever had at a PJ concert and was worth paying that little bit of extra money to secure it. My 12 year old daughter, who was worried she wouldn't be able to see anything, had a perfect view of the band and she was very happy also. No problems at all about getting my tickets from the 10 club booth, didn't need to show them anything but my licence. My number is a low one but I got a good seat and I'm definitely staying in the 10 club for next time the band decide to come out. How anyone could complain about rotten seats for Adelaide is ridiculous when they only had one 10 club show in Adelaide, the Ten Club is a good and worthy fan club and is worth being in for sure.
  • Options
    ramspamramspam Posts: 130
    Last night was so friggin awesome! I liked the set better the 2nd night than the 1st especially coz it had present tense, satans bed and rocking in the free world was awesome too.

I probably didn't like my seats as much on night 2 even tho i was in 4th row as opposed to 8th row. As on night 2 i was on stones side and there was a security guard next to me, who i managed to jump into a couple of times, he was an alright guy just a bit offputting. Also there was a bit guy whose shoulders were probably an inch taller than me obstructing my view of Eddie's awesome Clash shirt, Jeff and Mike it would have been ok but he was hardly getting into the concert which was annoying (they should organise seats in terms of height:) then i'd be pretty much front row centre).

Matt had a MC5 shirt on which got me hoping they'd play kick out the jams but they didn't which I was a little dissapointed by too. All in all the concert was friggin awesome probably equal to night one (night one was better in terms of crowd participation but night 2s set was better) but night one was more special coz it was my first :).
    Only fools have signatures...

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #20-+--+
  • Options
    HazzaHazza Posts: 17
    Wow. Wow.

I really have nothing to say, 'cept if you guys get the boots, the reason that there are girls singing in RITFW is because Ed threw the stand into the crowd, and some chicks sung one of teh choruses, then they threw the might back to Ed.

Um, Stone blew an amp in Evenflow...Mike's solo was pretty crazy, hitting the delay. Matt was trying to get the crowd to clap on strange beats in the intro to LBC.

Man, apart from that the sad thing is I was so blown away I didn't completely freak out to Hail, Hail. :(
  • Options
    Hazza wrote:
    Um, Stone blew an amp in Evenflow...

I thought he might've, I wondered why his guitar sounded like arse all of a sudden.

Last night was awesome and even though the setlist was sweet, I just had more fun on the first night. It was a totally happy, positive vibe on night 1, last night's crowd was just too weird, I was literally scared of the dude next to me, there was a whole bunch of scary fucks there in fact. Bogans who came just for the hell of it, the dude next to me was trying to pull the seats out of the ground at one point so he could start a pit...idiot of the year.

Anyway, I have a feeling the boot will make me feel more positively about the show once I can forget all the other shit.

Night 1 was just magical though, I'll remember it forever. Best gig I've been to of any band ever, I had goosebumps in the Black singalong in the outro.
  • Options
    Hazza wrote:
    Wow. Wow.

I really have nothing to say, 'cept if you guys get the boots, the reason that there are girls singing in RITFW is because Ed threw the stand into the crowd, and some chicks sung one of teh choruses, then they threw the might back to Ed.

I think Gus might take that the wrong way :P

Props Gus, I didn’t get to meet you but I saw you around in Melbourne and Adelaide, I really hope you write up something about the tour, I imagine you had a mad time.
    '06: Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Adelaide 1, 2
    *sniffles* Come back soon guys, thanks for an amazing 2 weeks.

-- www.ticketwoes.com --
  • Options
    ramspam wrote:
    Also there was a bit guy whose shoulders were probably an inch taller than me obstructing my view of Eddie's awesome Clash shirt, Jeff and Mike it would have been ok but he was hardly getting into the concert which was annoying (they should organise seats in terms of height:) then i'd be pretty much front row centre).

I have a feeling that was my brother, in section C? And shoulders like a blacksmith? Your just lucky I was up in section A =P

On behalf my brother and for myself I apologize that we naturally have such a great view =P

Edit: just realized you said he was not getting in to it, that would not have been him then.
    '06: Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Adelaide 1, 2
    *sniffles* Come back soon guys, thanks for an amazing 2 weeks.

-- www.ticketwoes.com --
  • Options
    jammedjammed Posts: 30
    stella is without speech

*thankyou*

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y86...ellamik e.jpg

hey stell... do u have your hand on mikes arse?

oooh he loves it

......that be her exact words!!!
  • Options
    all i can say is "the president is 1/2 full of shiitttee"

• Options
    2X42X4 Posts: 7

you have never been in front row have you pleb.

dont know what your missing.

last time front row.

this time round row 12 first night
    row 80 the second.(should have been something set up to avoid this happening to 10c members)

great service to the fans. oh no thats right its my fault. what with me being in the 10 club and all. my bad.
  • Options
    2X4 wrote:
    this time round row 12 first night
    row 80 the second.(should have been something set up to avoid this happening to 10c members)

Hey dick,

It's not up to the 10 Club where you sit if there's no fanclub tickets...

It was the PROMOTER'S choice to restrict fanclub tickets to the first night only, perhaps you should bitch and moan to them instead of the fanclub.

I'm in the friggin' fanclub, didn't buy fanclub tickets and was in the side stands next to Stone on the first night and had a friggin' ball.

You were in the building watching Pearl Jam, nothing else is important.