Options

*** Adelaide 2 Fanviews Here 22/11/06 ***

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
edited December 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
November 22, 2006 - Adelaide, Australia; Entertainment Center
Opening: Kings of Leon

Set List: Porch, Animal, Spin The Black Circle, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution, Nothing As It Seems, Love Boat Captain, Throw Your Hatred Down (Neil Young), World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, 1/2 Full, Thin Air, MFC, Present Tense, Not For You/Modern Girl (Sleater-Kinney), Small Town, Even Flow

1st encore: Inside Job, Wasted Reprise, Better Man, Crazy Mary (Victoria Williams), Alive
2nd encore: I Believe In Miracles (Ramones), Satan's Bed, Blood, Rockin' In The Free World (Neil Young), Yellow Ledbetter

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post here only if you were in attendance.
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Kat wrote:
    November 22, 2006 - Adelaide, Australia; Entertainment Center
    Opening: Kings of Leon

Set List: Porch, Animal, Spin The Black Circle, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution, Nothing As It Seems, Love Boat Captain, Throw Your Hatred Down (Neil Young), World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, 1/2 Full, Thin Air, MFC, Present Tense, Not For You/Modern Girl (Sleater-Kinney), Small Town, Even Flow

1st encore: Inside Job, Wasted Reprise, Better Man, Crazy Mary (Victoria Williams), Alive
    2nd encore: I Believe In Miracles (Ramones), Satan's Bed, Blood, Rockin' In The Free World (Neil Young), Yellow Ledbetter

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post here only if you were in attendance.

just got back and Im speechless......... absolutely speechless.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Once again was just awesome. The 2nd encore was fantastic. What a couple of nights. They played blood!!!
  • Options
    That was awesome. I too am speechless. 2 amazing nights here.

Present Tense.......Unreal
  • Options
    innaneinnane Posts: 33
    GOD DAMN U LUCKY BASTARDS

ALL OF U

MELBORNE GETS LONG ROAD
    NEWCASTLE GETS UNDONE, IMMORTALITY
    ADELAIDE GETS SATANS BED

WHY DID SYDNEY HAVE TO HAVE THE WEAKEST OUT OF ALL SETLISTS (weak used in strict comparitive terms as the shows were not weak at all....but u get my drift...compared to other cities)

will perth get out of my mine, pry to and frikkin who you are for christs sakes?

by the way im not bitter LOL
    CAUTION: This sign has sharp edges. Do not touch the edges of this sign
  • Options
    we need some speech people!!

haha.. so what were the highlighhts.. i gather u noticed the chronological nature of the first set ( then the reverse order in the second half of first set ?)
  • Options
    we got release and i got shit in sydney.. stil among my highlights in the seven shows i went too...
  • Options
    wow i mean PT and Thin Air were mind blowing....

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    innane wrote:

ALL OF U

MELBORNE GETS LONG ROAD
    ADELAIDE GETS SATANS BED

WHY DID SYDNEY HAVE TO HAVE THE WEAKEST OUT OF ALL SETLISTS (weak used in strict comparitive terms as the shows were not weak at all....but u get my drift...compared to other cities)

will perth get out of my mine, pry to and frikkin who you are for christs sakes?

By weak do you mean I got you and smile?
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    innane wrote:

ALL OF U

MELBORNE GETS LONG ROAD
    ADELAIDE GETS SATANS BED

Newcastle didn't get Immortality :(

We got Masters Of War, Crown Of Thorns and Alone instead :D
  • Options
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Newcastle didn't get Immortality :(

We got Masters Of War, Crown Of Thorns and Alone instead :D

adelaide got immortality also :D

• Options
    That's it, I'm convinced the band reads the board. There's a thread yesterday about the missing "Nothing as it Seems" factor, and the next night they play it.

Dear Pearl Jam,

Since I am convinced one of you is reading the board, would you please quit being so awesome. I think there are times I love you more than my fiance, and that could lead to problems. By "quit being so awesome", I mean keep on being so awesome.

Your pal,
    Brian
    aka: ledvedderman
  • Options
    every album was covered they went from 10 to AVO and back to ten...... awesome didnt even notice that when I was there... how awesome can 1 band be?

• Options
    BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    Zoso wrote:
    every album was covered they went from 10 to AVO and back to ten...... awesome didnt even notice that when I was there... how awesome can 1 band be?
    I was wondering why it looked like such a strange set.
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    That's it, I'm convinced the band reads the board. There's a thread yesterday about the missing "Nothing as it Seems" factor, and the next night they play it.

Dear Pearl Jam,

Since I am convinced one of you is reading the board, would you please quit being so awesome. I think there are times I love you more than my fiance, and that could lead to problems. By "quit being so awesome", I mean keep on being so awesome.

Your pal,
    Brian
    aka: ledvedderman

I think you're on the right track with this.
    I spoke to Mark Richards on the phone the day after the Newcastle show, and was telling him about the praise he was getting from everybody on the pit due to his epic setlist.
    He proceeded to ask me how to get on to this site, so I told him.

What I didn't know (until later that afternoon when I was at MR's house) was that Ed was standing right next to MR when I was on the phone to him :eek:
  • Options
    im not speechless, im just in awe of what i just happened! you cannot predict the openers this tour, porch was one of the songs i was dying to hear and to have it open was almost surreal! the first 5 songs hit a steamroller, spin the black circle was intense! then we got nothing as it seems! i love that song so much, to hear it live was a so unexpected! and present tence! WOW! dont know what else to say but wow, that was the moment when it finally hit me that the greatest band in the world was playing 10m infront of me!

ed did a nice little speech about the protest rally's that went down last time they were in adelaide, and then launched into throw your hatred down, not many people knew it but it was still awesome to hear. then we got half full! one of my favourites of riot act and its sooo much better live! ed shining his light off the guitar is really beautiful, the crowd went nuts!

oh probably a good time to mention, the crowd was again fantastic, especially seeing there was a few more rarer songs that they may not have known. we got the mexican waves going again before they came out. and i have never heard a crowd cheer so hard in the encore breaks for them to come back out!

one of the greatest shows i have ever seen, last night was perfect, as was tonight, but in a completly different way, two truly special concerts. im soo glad i got to witness!

thankyou pearl jam, and i didnt say it last night, thankyou 10C for the tickets to night 1.

on to perth!!! oh this is the best week ever!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    ha! they did to! just another reason why tonight was awesome! no wait awesome doesn't cut it we need a new word.....

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Options
    im not speechless, im just in awe of what i just happened! you cannot predict the openers this tour, porch was one of the songs i was dying to hear and to have it open was almost surreal! the first 5 songs hit a steamroller, spin the black circle was intense! then we got nothing as it seems! i love that song so much, to hear it live was a so unexpected! and present tence! WOW! dont know what else to say but wow, that was the moment when it finally hit me that the greatest band in the world was playing 10m infront of me!

ed did a nice little speech about the protest rally's that went down last time they were in adelaide, and then launched into throw your hatred down, not many people knew it but it was still awesome to hear. then we got half full! one of my favourites of riot act and its sooo much better live! ed shining his light off the guitar is really beautiful, the crowd went nuts!

oh probably a good time to mention, the crowd was again fantastic, especially seeing there was a few more rarer songs that they may not have known. we got the mexican waves going again before they came out. and i have never heard a crowd cheer so hard in the encore breaks for them to come back out!

one of the greatest shows i have ever seen, last night was perfect, as was tonight, but in a completly different way, two truly special concerts. im soo glad i got to witness!

thankyou pearl jam, and i didnt say it last night, thankyou 10C for the tickets to night 1.

on to perth!!! oh this is the best week ever!

lucky fucker going to perth but yeah adel 1 and 2 were both perfect... we were lucky and both great great crowds.... I have had a great 2006 my pj live shows are finished for now.

• Options
    oh and how good is the night 2 poster! its absolutally beautiful!

• Options
    oh and how good is the night 2 poster! its absolutally beautiful!

yeah that poster is what mde the gig for me before they even played thin air! The best pj poster I have ever seen.

• Options
    That was absolutely, friggin fantastically awesome!!!!! Best two nights of my life, I got to hear every single song I wanted to hear, I got a wink from Mike, a point at by Eddie, and a guitar pick, and awesome photo's...... I could just die, right now!!!! Last night was soooooo stupendously brilliant, but that was last night. Thank you, thank you, thank you guys for enhancing my rather dull existence, and just for STILL rocking out as hard as ever. You know, I believe whole heartedly, Ed really does love us!!!

Radelaide, You kicked some ARSE this tour, I'm so proud of us all. *sigh* Oh hell, i could ramble all night about that show.... friggin AWESOME!!!! I couldn't believe our seats either, wow... That's all I can say.... WOW!!!!
    ~~~And now my bitter hands
    chafe beneath the clouds
    Of what was everything?~~~~
  • Options
    wow!

porch opener kicked my ass

NAIS! Present tense is the song i wanted to hear most all tour, loved it. And satans bed fuck me!

great night

i enjoyed night 1 a little more though cos of the crowd, also mike needs to turn his amp way up! But the band always pull out great tunes in adelaide.

The day was made perfect by meeting mike and stone before, got some cool pics. saw ed after and he seemed wrecked the poor guy! Hope he pulls up well for perth!

Edit!!!: The 2 adelaide shows exceeded ALL my expectations!!
    -|
    |
    |
    |
    -|
    |
    |
    |
    -|
    0-|-2
    2-2-2-|-2
    0-|
    -|
    0---|-2----0h7h9---7vvv--2-2-2-|-2----0h7h9--7-9b10r9-7-0-|
    -|-10\
    |-0-/7
    0-0-0-|-0-/7
    |
    -|
    |
    |
    |

• Options
    damnit!!! absolutely devastated i had to miss this show! if only i'd saved just one more day of annual leave!
    thanks to adelaide for a great nite last nite. enjoyed walking around the city afterwards even tho nothing was open.
    Never seem to dislike my stays over there even tho the rest of the country talks shit about adelaide at every opportunity.
  • Options

:eek: omg! stella you lucky girl you!

i was trying to get my friends to go down to the bay with me today but no one would come!!! :mad: maybe ill catch em in perth!

• Options

hehehe good job stella good job.

• Options

couldn't say it better myself!!

i'll post a review at lifewasted when the guys get the thread up and i get some sleep :o

congrats to JIM with his satan's bed pillowcase - you are a LEGEND!!

my god.... thin air :o

there must be a way to get to perth ;):D
    wah
  • Options
    couldn't say it better myself!!

there must be a way to get to perth ;):D

If you work it out let me know!

Meeting mike was fantastic, that was the perfect way to end my 5 show road trip!
    '06: Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Adelaide 1, 2
    *sniffles* Come back soon guys, thanks for an amazing 2 weeks.

-- www.ticketwoes.com --
  • Options
    Heath_SA wrote:
    If you work it out let me know!

Meeting mike was fantastic, that was the perfect way to end my 5 show road trip!

hey heath! :D yeh huh! :D 3 for me ;)

maybe we can get into the boot of the touring van? does it even have a boot LOL

mike is a freaking legend! :D
    wah
  • Options
    hey heath! :D yeh huh! :D 3 for me ;)

maybe we can get into the boot of the touring van? does it even have a boot LOL

mike is a freaking legend! :D

Well I have seen the road crew pack up a few times, those guys are efficient, im sure they could squeeze us in there some where!
    '06: Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Adelaide 1, 2
    *sniffles* Come back soon guys, thanks for an amazing 2 weeks.

-- www.ticketwoes.com --
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    I think you're on the right track with this.
    I spoke to Mark Richards on the phone the day after the Newcastle show, and was telling him about the praise he was getting from everybody on the pit due to his epic setlist.
    He proceeded to ask me how to get on to this site, so I told him.

What I didn't know (until later that afternoon when I was at MR's house) was that Ed was standing right next to MR when I was on the phone to him :eek:

Can you call up Mark R again and ask him to tell the band to play the following songs:

Cropduster
    Ghost
    Deep
    Habit
    Sleight of Hand

All at the next show.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08