Options

*** Adelaide 2 Fanviews Here 22/11/06 ***

Comments

• Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    2X4 wrote:
    you have never been in front row have you pleb.

dont know what your missing.

last time front row.

this time round row 12 first night
    row 80 the second.(should have been something set up to avoid this happening to 10c members)

great service to the fans. oh no thats right its my fault. what with me being in the 10 club and all. my bad.

Um.. what's wrong with Row 12? I got Row 14 at Sydney 1 with my 10c tickets. You obviously have a fairly high 10C number like I do.
  • Options
    2X4 wrote:

last time front row.

row 80 the second.(should have been something set up to avoid this happening to 10c members)

great service to the fans. oh no thats right its my fault. what with me being in the 10 club and all. my bad.

Sounds like Karma working at its finest.....
    Canberra 14-03-95 - Sydney 7-11-06 - Sydney 18-11-06 - Sydney 22-11-09 - Brisbane 25-11-09 - Sydney 26-01-14
    Ed: Canberra 15-03-11 - Sydney 19-03-11
  • Options
    I was glad I got to see the show from near the front this night as I was further back the night before not having Ten Club Membership. That said I might cave in and get a Ten Club Membership for next time round. I didn't really want to join any fan clubs in the past but it seems like Ten Club is the only one where you really get back some great things for being part of the club (not just including seating at concerts).
  • Options
    yotan18yotan18 Posts: 103
    Zoso wrote:
    every album was covered they went from 10 to AVO and back to ten...... awesome didnt even notice that when I was there... how awesome can 1 band be?

WHAT THE FUCK!!!

awesome!!! :) now, you have every representative in the albums!!!

:)
    "The Day of Redemption is at hand! Repent, and thou shall be saved..." - A. Ventura

"I always tell the truth. Even when I lie" - T. Montana
    ---
    "Yeah i know... sounds stupid." Aldrin said.

#18 INC forever
  • Options
    2X4 wrote:

last time front row.

I think you'll find it is due to the fact the seating was not determined by location, only by 10C number. 10C members from all over Oz and the world were allowed to by 10C tickets this time around, not just the people from the towns/state. I was row 5 in sydney last time around, this time bumped back all the way to row 6. Blame the out-of-towners that bumped you back.
  • Options
    2X4 wrote:

last time front row.

hahahahaha.... ohhhhhhh dear
    syd1 4th row stone
    syd2 5th row mike
    bris1 5th row mike
    bris2 2nd row ed
    melb1 8th row mike
    melb2 3rd row side
    melb3 1st row side
    newy 7th row centre
    adel1 2nd row ed
    adel2 2nd row mike
    perth ???

ahh pleb. unless you are in the centre section, front row seats can be poor. you are much better off in the first 4 rows centre than front row to the side in front of stacks and guitar techs.

so you got tickets in 12th row for night one. bahahaha karma working its finest. ;)

the 10c is a quality fan club. if you're gonna come on here and bag for the 10c for NO reason whatsoever other than your own bitterness for gettin "shit" seats, then i'm sorry but you're still and ordinary clown! take it up with coppel and ticketek.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    PappasPappas Posts: 809
    why all the fighting? dont complain about ten club tickets. we are very lucky pj has such a good fan club.

and as for crappy tickets, i was way back in the stands for melb2, dont see me complaining

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Options
    Golden show. Ed was sick as but stil managed to pull through like usual, what a trooper. I am looking for anyone who got a photo/s or videos of Ed or Stone wearing my ITS OK hat during Rocking in the Free World or Yellow Ledbetter. If you did, could you please email me on beeks11@hotmail.com or call me on 0411 114 951. Will trade for footage or pics from any show from this tour as I have been to all of em. Thanks. Ryan
  • Options
    How good was 1/2 full?

edhalffull.jpg
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    Golden show. Ed was sick as but stil managed to pull through like usual, what a trooper. I am looking for anyone who got a photo/s or videos of Ed or Stone wearing my ITS OK hat during Rocking in the Free World or Yellow Ledbetter. If you did, could you please email me on beeks11@hotmail.com or call me on 0411 114 951. Will trade for footage or pics from any show from this tour as I have been to all of em. Thanks. Ryan

Dude, your hat was a highlight of the whole show, thanks for bringing it! :)

No pics or footage for you sadly, how great would it be if someone taped some shows from this tour, especially Adelaide - I saw a dude filming Adelaide 1, I hope he spreads it around, I didn't get a chance to speak to him at the gig unfortunately.
  • Options

Absolute props to you! That It's OK cap was an awesome idea! It looked like Ed and the band loved it. Unfortunately I didn't take a camera but I was up near the front and there were plenty around with cameras out at the end of the show either taking pictures or filming on the side of the stage the hat landed. Someone out there must have footage of it.
  • Options
    it was hard to get stone in it... too far :(

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/yellow_ledbetter/adelaide2_1.jpg

best i got of stone in it :)

love the cap ;)
    wah
  • Options
    it was hard to get stone in it... too far :(

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/yellow_ledbetter/adelaide2_1.jpg

best i got of stone in it :)

love the cap ;)

not bad girl ;)
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
  • Options
    2X42X4 Posts: 7
    hahahahaha.... ohhhhhhh dear
    syd1 4th row stone
    syd2 5th row mike
    bris1 5th row mike
    bris2 2nd row ed
    melb1 8th row mike
    melb2 3rd row side
    melb3 1st row side
    newy 7th row centre
    adel1 2nd row ed
    adel2 2nd row mike
    perth ???

ahh pleb. unless you are in the centre section, front row seats can be poor. you are much better off in the first 4 rows centre than front row to the side in front of stacks and guitar techs.

so you got tickets in 12th row for night one. bahahaha karma working its finest. ;)

the 10c is a quality fan club. if you're gonna come on here and bag for the 10c for NO reason whatsoever other than your own bitterness for gettin "shit" seats, then i'm sorry but you're still and ordinary clown! take it up with coppel and ticketek.

agreed why should a fan club help out a member. hey you got good seats screw everyone else.

let me guess crows fan/ big brother watcher??
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    2X4 wrote:
    agreed why should a fan club help out a member. hey you got good seats screw everyone else.

let me guess crows fan/ big brother watcher??

At times like this, I always think of the saying "better to stay silent and have people think you're an idiot than speak up and remove all doubt".

Seriously, cry me a fuckin' river, Ten Club/PJ don't owe anybody anything, least of all YOU.

Have a blast finding another band that does more for their fans.
  • Options
    NossieNossie Adelaide, Australia Posts: 1,039
    Having seen PJ 5 times... i must admit their last show was AMAZING!!! Strongly compares with the Yield tour held at Thebarton Oval!

This is certainly one band who is getting better with age!
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
  • Options
    Dear Pearl Jam,

Since I am convinced one of you is reading the board, would you please quit being so awesome. I think there are times I love you more than my fiance, and that could lead to problems. By "quit being so awesome", I mean keep on being so awesome.

LOL I told my new husband that if i had the opportunity, i would leave him for Eddie... he understands though... being a PJ nut also!

• Options
    Dear Boom, Mike, Stone, Matt, Jeff and Eddie...

As a simple Adelaidean, in the smaller state of South Australia, we often miss the big 'head-line' acts. Often bypassed, as a though it wasn't worth the effort, nor the time.

I want to... no, i NEED to say thanks to you boys!

We are FANS. YOU are the reason we are FANS. We not only listen to your music, we feel it, we think it, we learn from it, and we live it. To have the 'providers' of our music, take the time to drop in and share a little with us, is simply a life-changing experience.

You played a vast range of your hits and cult favourites (- you played Satan's Bed on night 2 for f*cks sake - how freakin awesome was that?!), you jammed as only you know how - and literally had Adelaide shaking with excitement! What other band can make you "wet" like that... ? ;)

Some of my personal favourites we there... as well as some of the more "commercial" stuff. Radio stations forget there are some other truly amazing songs in PJ's extensive history... and stuff like BetterMan has faced some serious overkill... however, the crowd, singing along with all their heart, with Eddie and the boys - it's a magical moment - regardless of your like of that particular song or not. It's an experience that, if you've never had it - you just won't understand.

Thank you Eddie: for bringing your soulful/passionate voice & strong lyrics, Matt: for thrashing your life away on those glistening drums, Mike: for being the character you are when you play, Jeff: for blocking everything out and just going for it (though i really do miss your hats!!), Stone: for the funky little head bopping thing you do!, and Boom: for those magical fingers. Thank you Pearl Jam - for making our 'small' lives, seem that much bigger, for just 2 nights... i know myself, and the parts of the City Of Adelaide that matter - truly appreciated it...

- keep on rockin in the free world...
    Stace

• Options
    Overall I preferred the first night but that being said some of the songs they played were freakin awesome!!!
    Porch first up-incredible & a favourite
    Hail Hail-missed it the first night great to get it!
    Love Boat Captain- ditto
    Throw your hatred Down- Cool & it rocked man!
    MFC-oh man & then
    Present Tense- Unbelievable..even those who didn't know got into it in the end
    Small Town was incredible again

Inside Job-!!!! & Alive even better than the first night

Even though it wasn't a sell out & more people were sitting down the noise we made during the encore breaks just blew me away

Like others said, there aren't words to describe how good these nights really were
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Nossie wrote:
    Having seen PJ 5 times... i must admit their last show was AMAZING!!! Strongly compares with the Yield tour held at Thebarton Oval!

This is certainly one band who is getting better with age!

I agree the more pearl jam shows I see the better they become.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    HazzaHazza Posts: 17
    Present Tense- Unbelievable..even those who didn't know got into it in the end

Even though i've been listening to No Code non stop for the last two weeks, I was like
    "You have gotta, something something something, something something PRESENT TENSE! YEAH!!!"

Shoulda learnt the lyrics.

• Options
    Hazza wrote:
    Even though i've been listening to No Code non stop for the last two weeks, I was like
    "You have gotta, something something something, something something PRESENT TENSE! YEAH!!!"

Shoulda learnt the lyrics.

Present Tense was epic the highlight of the year for me it was absolutely mind blowing. Was sooooooooo happy to get that song live finally.

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    pccmpccm Posts: 3
    Present Tense is my mantra, so I screamed my guts out to it. We were in the stands, we snuck out of our row in the middle to go down to the front row on its own - fortunately for those who would have been behind us as we were the only ones in our section that were on our feet the whole show.

A few times I was concerned I was going to swing myself over the bar I was hanging onto whilst jumping. That woulda given the guys in the corporate box below us a fright.

So to get Present Tense & Porch in the same show - my life is now complete!

Have only been to two concerts in my whole life (living in the country sucks!) - this one, & 98's Yield tour. I am completely spoilt for any other band - how could I ever go to any other concerts now without being let down completely?

Very cross with myself for not having joined ten club when I first fell in love with these guys. Would have been great to get good seats, although then I wouldn't have missed tickets for the first night, & I am very glad I went the second.
  • Options

• Options
    pccm wrote:
    Present Tense is my mantra, so I screamed my guts out to it. We were in the stands, we snuck out of our row in the middle to go down to the front row on its own - fortunately for those who would have been behind us as we were the only ones in our section that were on our feet the whole show.

A few times I was concerned I was going to swing myself over the bar I was hanging onto whilst jumping. That woulda given the guys in the corporate box below us a fright.

Have only been to two concerts in my whole life (living in the country sucks!) - this one, & 98's Yield tour. I am completely spoilt for any other band - how could I ever go to any other concerts now without being let down completely?

Very cross with myself for not having joined ten club when I first fell in love with these guys. Would have been great to get good seats, although then I wouldn't have missed tickets for the first night, & I am very glad I went the second.

Got that in Berlin, which was f++++ great but I really wish I could´ve been my in favourite city in Oz and seen that, envy you....
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Boston 2004-09-28
    Arnhem 2006-08-29
    Berlin 2006-09-23
    Copenhagen 2007-06-26
    Dublin 2010-06-22
    Berlin 2010-06-30
    Copenhagen 2012-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:

It is a great poster... the stubbie holder was a great idea also! Stupid me only got 1... so now me and the other half fight over it!

I love that the boys seem to have truly gone back to their beach roots... it really seems like the old days...

WOOHOO!

• Options
    Absolute props to you! That It's OK cap was an awesome idea! It looked like Ed and the band loved it. Unfortunately I didn't take a camera but I was up near the front and there were plenty around with cameras out at the end of the show either taking pictures or filming on the side of the stage the hat landed. Someone out there must have footage of it.

Thankyou so much for the picture, awesome awesome awesome
  • Options

I filmed Melbourne 2 with my video camera if anyone is interested aswel. Pics of my hat on either Ed or Stone equals free dvd copy of Melb 2 hehe. Golden nugget guys and girls. We've been part of something so special over the last two weeks. You all rock
  • Options
    Big shout out to James Churchill. Thankyou so much for the pics of my ITS OK hat, appreciate it dude. Il be in touch. Thanks. Rock on. Ryan
  • Options
    This is probably going to make me sound like the worlds greatest dag, but I don't care.

I just had to say what an absolutely awesome concert this was, It's been a week and I'm still on a high!

I've been a fan from day one but was never 'allowed' to go to a concert due to my abusive, controlling partner.

I couragously left him earlier this year, and the first thing I did was bought tickets! I lived life for the first time this Wednesday night, and I'm never looking back.

Thank you... Thank you....