Options

*** Adelaide 2 Fanviews Here 22/11/06 ***

Comments

• Options
    well the boys really turned it on for adelaide 1 and 2. absolutely magnificent shows. :) espcially considering ed is so worn out and really feeling it at the moment.

newcastle will still be the gem in the crown of a tour, but the adelaide shows surpassed the melbournes for me. bris1 is still crowd of the tour too me thinks. the sets for the 2 adel shows were outstanding. :D

watching mike work his magic during NAIS was a highlight. getting satans bed as a request was also gold (it replaced big wave in the 2nd enc). down was left off completely and was supposed to open the 2nd enc.

the ONLY thing which could have capped off adel2 was the main set which had small town / rats and they chose to play small town for the umpteenth time rather than debuting rats. ahhh if only..... well 1 more show to go. hopefully we get rats there (or HTI ;))

the one disappointing thing from tonight was care of a fellow jammer. this person said "i dont like my 4th row centre seat" and jumped into our section in row2 mike side. she then basically ripped an eV pick out of my mates hand as he was picking it up! and she wasnt even supposed to be there!! grrrr

excellent work joel, getting the tambo during RITFW :D
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options

hey stell... do u have your hand on mikes arse?
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    JoanneJoanne Posts: 98
    Can anyone update Ed's health situation? The night before, some said (Stone) Ed was exhausted and I'm starting to wonder. Just trying to get an update.

Thanks!
    We're still making records for people who listen to it all the way through, eyes closed, in that space.
  • Options
    ComatosedComatosed Sydney, Australia Posts: 93
    ha! they did to! just another reason why tonight was awesome! no wait awesome doesn't cut it we need a new word.....

PEARLTASTIC!!!!

PEARLARIFFIC!!!!
    Pearl Jam                                                         Eddie Vedder  
    Sydney - 11/3/1995                                           Sydney - 18/3/2011  
     Sydney - 9/3/1998                                            Sydney - 19/3/2011
     Sydney - 11/3/1998                                          Sydney - 13/2/2014
     Sydney - 12/3/1998
     Sydney - 11/2/2003
     Sydney - 13/2/2003
     Sydney - 14/2/2003
     Sydney - 7/11/2006
     Sydney - 8/11/2006
     Sydney - 18/11/2006
     Sydney - 22/11/2009
     Sydney - 26/1/2014

• Options
    Holy Shit
    Nais

And

1\2 Full

The First Set Of This Show Is Freaking Amazing.

Nais, Really! Wow.
  • Options
    Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    Did Ed look like he was feeling better?
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
  • Options
    2X42X4 Posts: 7
    Amazing show.

Terrible seats from 10 club. last year front row this year row 87.

thanks guys . NOT !!!!

present tense, blood , dte , hail hail, 1/2 full and SATANS BED.

great night . great set list. the best band in the world.

just a shame about their fan club.
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    2X4 wrote:
    Amazing show.

thanks guys . NOT !!!!

Uh, there weren't any fan club tickets for Adelaide 2...
  • Options

the one disappointing thing from tonight was care of a fellow jammer. this person said "i dont like my 4th row centre seat" and jumped into our section in row2 mike side. she then basically ripped an eV pick out of my mates hand as he was picking it up! and she wasnt even supposed to be there!! grrrr

excellent work joel, getting the tambo during RITFW :D

that chick climbed from all the way back past us (10th row stones side)
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Options
    2X42X4 Posts: 7
    spencer wrote:
    Uh, there weren't any fan club tickets for Adelaide 2...

why not ???

any other concert not have 10 club tickets available.

let me clarify for everyone. both nights my tickets sucked.

thanks 10 club. you are ordinary.
  • Options
    PappasPappas Posts: 809
    great show, crowd was lacking, eddie was sick as a dog but still a great show none the less

i have to tell you guys, front row at a pearl jam show is literally like going first class in an airline, you wouldnt believe how much better it is until you actually do it. so close to the band, they speak to you and you can hear, you have so much room in front of you to do whatever you want, its the best

anyway, as i said eddie was really really sick, saw him ducking to the side and having a panadol or something and drinking it with water a few times during the night.

after teh show we followed the vans to their hotel and went out the front, got to meet the man himself eddie vedder :) he looked sick as a dog and sounded like shit too, dont know how he did the show. anyway he walked up the line of ppl me and my friends said thanks for the show ed, hope you feel better, he responded, hung around another few secs as some girl gave him a book and went inside to retire

now that thats happened my tour is now complete :)

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Options
    KAHKAH Posts: 10
    2X4 wrote:
    why not ???

any other concert not have 10 club tickets available.

let me clarify for everyone. both nights my tickets sucked.

only the first show in each city have been ten club shows.

You've just witnessed the greatest band in the world two nights in a row and all you can do is complain!

Get a life
  • Options
    KAHKAH Posts: 10
    You know I think we need to develop a new vocabulary to describe Pearl Jam concerts … words like awesome, fantastic, spectacular, fabulous, sensational, unbelievable, overwhelming, inspiring etc just don't seem to do it justice!

Ed is to be commended - he looked so sick when he walked out on stage, but yet he still manages to give so much of himself every single night! I don't know how he can get through the 'screamers' like STBC, Evolution, WWS, Blood etc when he's so sick - only Ed could do it!

Opening with Porch … wow … I don't think anyone saw that coming! The rest of the set list was truly fantastic also … full of surprises - no one could have ever picked that set list! Needless to say I loved every second of it! I'm still pinching myself - can't believe I was there - a completely surreal experience!

Throw Your Hatred Down - hadn't heard it before, but it was great! I've decided that if you're not a fan of a particular song (think immortality and nothing as it seems) you just need to hear it live! Immortality blew me away on Night 1 - and NAIS did the same last night!

What can I say - Mike is awesome! Was actually close enough last night to receive a few Mike points - thanks Mikey for trying to fling a few picks my way - unfortunately I didn't get them… but oh well - the night was memorable enough!

1/2 Full, Thin Air, MFC, Present Tense - unbelievable! Not For You is always a classic and one of my favs and ending the set with Even Flow - WOW - Ed usually needs to rest his voice before then!

The encores as always are something special! Loved hearing Inside Job for the second time… Crazy Mary was exceptional as always and ending with Alive you can't go wrong!

Thanks to the guys with the "Satan's Bed" sign in the front row - I love that song! Then into blood (never get sick of it) and RITFW … by this time I was about to pass out from the awesome-ness of it all! Mike seemed to drag out the end solo in Yellow Ledbetter - obviously didn't want the night to end.

Ed threw in quite a few references to how great Australia and Adelaide is - the band genuinely seems to love coming out here … I guess we should start up a "move to Australia" thread to encourage them to make it their permanent residence!

Over the two nights in Adelaide, 53 different songs were played (including tags) … if that's not proof that PJ are the greatest, I don't know what is!

Big thanks to the guy next to me for getting the really tall dude in front of me to move so I could get a clear view of Mike! You rock!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TO PEARL JAM - I don't know how anyone can deny they are the greatest, most hard working band in the world!!!!

BRING ON PERTH - who knows what surprises are in store for us!
  • Options
    Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    Pappas wrote:
    great show, crowd was lacking, eddie was sick as a dog but still a great show none the less

i have to tell you guys, front row at a pearl jam show is literally like going first class in an airline, you wouldnt believe how much better it is until you actually do it. so close to the band, they speak to you and you can hear, you have so much room in front of you to do whatever you want, its the best

anyway, as i said eddie was really really sick, saw him ducking to the side and having a panadol or something and drinking it with water a few times during the night.

after teh show we followed the vans to their hotel and went out the front, got to meet the man himself eddie vedder :) he looked sick as a dog and sounded like shit too, dont know how he did the show. anyway he walked up the line of ppl me and my friends said thanks for the show ed, hope you feel better, he responded, hung around another few secs as some girl gave him a book and went inside to retire

now that thats happened my tour is now complete :)

Get well soon Ed! 2 days off then last show of the Oz leg... Perth!
    You can make it!
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
  • Options
    2X4 wrote:
    Amazing show.

thanks guys . NOT !!!!

2X4, I don't understand - you couldn't have gotten seats from the fan club for Adelaide 2 so how can you say they gave you terrible seats?

btw you're the first person I've ever heard complain about 10 club seats.

cheers
    Canberra 14-03-95 - Sydney 7-11-06 - Sydney 18-11-06 - Sydney 22-11-09 - Brisbane 25-11-09 - Sydney 26-01-14
    Ed: Canberra 15-03-11 - Sydney 19-03-11
  • Options
    2X4 wrote:

there was no 10 club for adelaide 2, doofus. you are ordinary.
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • Options
    interesting - i actually thought ed seemed healthier last night compared to adelaide 1. i really noticed it at adelaide 1. meh :)
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • Options
    interesting - i actually thought ed seemed healthier last night compared to adelaide 1. i really noticed it at adelaide 1. meh :)

I just cant get over how he does it every night!

I did the three in Melbourne then the 2 here in Adelaide, I have no voice left at all!

Ed (and all the guys) are machines! (actually cant be machines because there is always so much raw emotion in every show!)

Thanks guys for 2 fantastic weeks!
    '06: Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Adelaide 1, 2
    *sniffles* Come back soon guys, thanks for an amazing 2 weeks.

-- www.ticketwoes.com --
  • Options
    hey stell... do u have your hand on mikes arse?

i've been telling people it was borderline touching ass :o

;)
    wah
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425

yeah I Noticed this also.... good show. Prefer night 1 just because i was 4th row. brother and I were the only ones singing the chous to Present Tense.. fucking sensational. thanks pearl jam for a great year!!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    i've been telling people it was borderline touching ass :o

;)

how lucky stella and I was getting so impatient and left and you stuck around and the faint hope of meeing pj and you did. :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700

Wow, you're a lucky gal. Mike looks a lot like my brother-in-law. :)

I was going to buy one of those T's at the Sydney 3 show but my hubby commented that they were our cricket teams colours so I didn't. ;)
  • Options
    how full was the arena for this show? heard it wasnt sellin well?
  • Options
    how full was the arena for this show? heard it wasnt sellin well?

The top 4 or 5 rows were more or less empty, and that’s not a bad effort for Adelaide.

-- www.ticketwoes.com --
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    how lucky stella and I was getting so impatient and left and you stuck around and the faint hope of meeing pj and you did. :)

awwww :o yeh i stuck it out with Gitta and the rest... glad i did :o

it meant sacrificing an adelaide 2 poster though :eek: (any1 wanna help me out here :eek: )

tim, honestly, over 50 songs we got here? adelaide has been amazing :)
    wah
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    Wow, you're a lucky gal. Mike looks a lot like my brother-in-law. :)

I was going to buy one of those T's at the Sydney 3 show but my hubby commented that they were our cricket teams colours so I didn't. ;)

not a cricket fan? :eek: LMAO! :D

maybe your BIL can do appearances for Mike ;)

so stoked to have 1 night on Mike's side... what a character, i remember he was chucking out picks.... then turned around and offered one to jeff in some kinda grand gesture.. hahaa!! he was mad to decline :p:D
    wah
  • Options

it meant sacrificing an adelaide 2 poster though :eek: (any1 wanna help me out here :eek: )

I feel guilty now, I got my poster, picked up some other tickets I have for other bands and used the excuse: "I dont want to carry around that many tickets" to get back out and wait for the band to arrive.

-- www.ticketwoes.com --
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    not a cricket fan? :eek: LMAO! :D

maybe your BIL can do appearances for Mike ;)

so stoked to have 1 night on Mike's side... what a character, i remember he was chucking out picks.... then turned around and offered one to jeff in some kinda grand gesture.. hahaa!! he was mad to decline :p:D

Nah, not really a cricket fan.... Maybe I'll post a pic of my BIL and we can all compare? I better ask him first. :eek:

My guy did buy one of the black men's T's with the blue and white logos on it and it looks great. :)
  • Options

i got a poster and its awesome the best I have ever seen.. still I would rather meet mike hehe. nice pic of the happy couple btw :D

• Options
    Heath_SA wrote:
    I feel guilty now, I got my poster, picked up some other tickets I have for other bands and used the excuse: "I dont want to carry around that many tickets" to get back out and wait for the band to arrive.

LOL :D no not guilty, smart ;) i coulda left and come back :o how late did they arrive!!
    E.K wrote:
    Nah, not really a cricket fan.... Maybe I'll post a pic of my BIL and we can all compare? I better ask him first. :eek:

My guy did buy one of the black men's T's with the blue and white logos on it and it looks great. :)

um YES :p pic would be great, haha!! that tee rocks! all the merch was pretty cool.... :)
    Zoso wrote:
    i got a poster and its awesome the best I have ever seen.. still I would rather meet mike hehe. nice pic of the happy couple btw :D

i LOVE the night 2 poster!! aarghhh! maybe i'll have a go with ebay :o

happy couple... keep talking tim hahaaha!:D
    wah