Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

How about some fb on the audio quality of the Cream,!
    Hit a couple shops and they had good selection.  Key is to get there before noon on a Saturday. 

• DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Today’s nice haul. The Fragile sounds amazing.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    mrussel1 said:

I probably won't get a chance to listen to it until tomorrow, but i will let you know.
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    New Jeff TWEEDY 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    mrussel1 said:
    Hit a couple shops and they had good selection.  Key is to get there before noon on a Saturday. 

Nice haul. I remember I had the 45 of Soul Man when I was kid. I wish I could find my 45s. They have all vanished somewhere. Probably hidden somewhere at my parent’s house. 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:

Nice! Is that an RL cut of The Stranger?
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

I’m not sure.  It was mastered at Sterling and has the logo in the runout, but no “RL”.  It is a first pressing though.  Are his initials in the ones he did for this?
    edited January 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

I’m not sure.  It was mastered at Sterling and has the logo in the runout, but no “RL”.  It is a first pressing though.  Are his initials in the ones he did for this?
    Yes his initials would be there, RL did the Masterdisk versions not the Sterlings however. I think Ted Jenson did the Sterling cuts. I have a few of the RL cuts, every time I see The Stranger in bins I look for RL. I keep trying to upgrade conditions, the best one I have right now is VG. Still looking for that elusive 2A/2A WLP.
    Post edited by MedozK on
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yes his initials would be there, RL did the Masterdisk versions not the Sterlings however. I think Ted Jenson did the Sterling cuts. I have a few of the RL cuts, every time I see The Stranger in bins I look for RL. I keep trying to upgrade conditions, the best one I have right now is VG. Still looking for that elusive 2A/2A WLP.
    Interesting.  I thought he was still at Sterling in the 70s. Is there a pretty distinct difference between the sterling and master?  I wouldn’t mind upgrading to the MOFI at some point either, although the greatest hits box is the one I really want from mofi, but it’s not reasonably priced at the moment.
    edited January 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Interesting.  I thought he was still at Sterling in the 70s. Is there a pretty distinct difference between the sterling and master?  I wouldn’t mind upgrading to the MOFI at some point either, although the greatest hits box is the one I really want from mofi, but it’s not reasonably priced at the moment.
    I honestly have never heard a Sterling. Once I found out about the RL, it is all I really every searched out. And the earliest I have found is a 2A/3A in VG condition. Still crackle here and there, would love to find a NM promo.

Now I am with you on the Greatest Hits, the MOFI has been on  my want list for a while. Hopefully they repress it sometime.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

Nice. I ordered Pearl Jam self titled (Avocado) a few days ago. Should be delivered on Tuesday.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mickeyrat said:

Nice scores!  War Child is great.  I saw Tull around that time- great show!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

I honestly have never heard a Sterling. Once I found out about the RL, it is all I really every searched out. And the earliest I have found is a 2A/3A in VG condition. Still crackle here and there, would love to find a NM promo.

Now I am with you on the Greatest Hits, the MOFI has been on  my want list for a while. Hopefully they repress it sometime.
    I had a Jensen.  It sounded good, but sold it when I got my RL.  I’ve got the MOFI Stranger as well.  I like them both!  I’ve also got the mofi greatest hits :)
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

I had a Jensen.  It sounded good, but sold it when I got my RL.  I’ve got the MOFI Stranger as well.  I like them both!  I’ve also got the mofi greatest hits :)
    So you heard a difference between the TJ and the RL?
    I pre ordered the Uncle Tupelo MOV reissues of Still Feel Gone, No Depression and March 16-20, 1992 over the weekend. They are supposed to be released at the end of the month.
    Where did you order from? I’d like to get my hands on No Depression. I believe there are only 1500 copies of each. 
    I bought it from Amazon. It is also available on the Red Yeti Records website for pre sale. Merchbar Has it too. 
    Cool thanks. Amazon.ca doesn’t have it. I’ll look at those other options 
    Were you able find a copy?

Oldies but goodies. 
    GlowGirl said:

Oldies but goodies. 
    Very Nice! All very good records.
    mrussel1 said:

Sounds really good. Clapton’s guitar solos are really crisp. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    GlowGirl said:

Oldies but goodies. 

Fantastic catch!  I love that Byrds Greatest Hits and have had a fine copy for many a year.  Love it!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

Oldies but goodies. 

Fantastic catch!  I love that Byrds Greatest Hits and have had a fine copy for many a year.  Love it!
    I like the Byrds too, I just call them Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. 
    edited January 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

Oldies but goodies. 

Ha. Sweetheart of the Rodeo is one of my all time favorite albums, but that is the Gram Parsons era Byrds. Mr. Tambourine man is a classic to if you want the original group.
    Post edited by MedozK on
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

Oldies but goodies. 

Ha. Sweetheart of the Rodeo is one of my all time favorite albums, but that is the Gram Parsons era Byrds. Mr. Tambourine man is a classic to if you want the original group.
    Geez I haven't listened to that in years.  It was always too country for me,  but tastes change.  I should go back.  Is there a "go to" pressing?
    edited January 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

Oldies but goodies. 

Geez I haven't listened to that in years.  It was always too country for me,  but tastes change.  I should go back.  Is there a "go to" pressing?
    Not sure about a preferred pressing. I have the 2016 Sundazed Kevin Gray pressing. But there is a newer Friday Music and an older MOV pressing. Not sure about those, but they're affordable. I'm a really big classic country fan, so its right up my alley.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

Oldies but goodies. 

Not sure about a preferred pressing. I have the 2016 Sundazed Kevin Gray pressing. But there is a newer Friday Music and an older MOV pressing. Not sure about those, but they're affordable. I'm a really big classic country fan, so its right up my alley.
    I have the Friday Music pressing. It’s a quality pressing, and was affordable when I picked it up.
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    edited January 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

So you heard a difference between the TJ and the RL?
    It’s been so long since I compared them to be honest. I remember the Ludwig being a little bit better, but not Miles better like a LZ II.  I let the TJ go because I did not feel that I needed three copies of the album.  None of those pressings sound bad...
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati