2021 European Tour Announcement

Comments

• Plus, does the decision to cancel the festival shows rest with PJ or the organisers? Crazy as it seems, BST are still heavily promoting their summer series of shows at hyde park.
  • Casi007Casi007 Posts: 12
    Hope the tour can actually happen but better safe than not. 
  • dresi_4dresi_4 Czech Republic Posts: 92
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    dresi_4 said:
    Sad but expected thanks for the update. Here is the Pearl Jam part of the article that they got that news from.

Imola racetrack, the 2021 program

Objective 2021: Vasco Rossi's concert. Then come Pearl Jam 

"Our racetrack will bring activities that go beyond the motoring scenario and we will also be hosting live music: our goal today is the concerts of Vasco Rossi and Cesare Cremonini, which have been postponed and which we hope to enjoy in the fall. Every year the calendar of events is assessed at the municipal level (the structure is multifunctional, so we don't just talk about sport) and it is since this council took office that we work hard since we are talking about important activities that impact on different sectors, from hospitality to catering, without counting all the workers who revolve around events and maxi-events. Mayor Marco Panieri and I both want to bring the racetrack back to the international scene with that vitality that will give light to the territory and which already today, in view of the spring GP, is beginning to be a message of hope in times of darkness "he explains. Penazzi again, who on the Pearl Jam world tour instead gives an appointment in 2022, 

Potrebbe interessarti: https://www.bolognatoday.it/cronaca/autodromo-imola-formula1-gp-concerti-2021.html
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 479
    As long as they reschedule for 2022 I‘m a happy man.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    JackD. said:
    Exactly! I just wanna keep my tickets 
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,130
    edited January 2021
    Hopefully 2022 route is similar to existing if that's true so all tickets can be used
    Post edited by BlueLedbetter on
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,051
    edited January 2021
    The article also says now that it’s a decision of the band. 

Post edited by drfox on
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    PeterED said:

First cancellation of summer 2021 ive seen so far
    I’m expecting something similar for Osheaga, though it’s the first weekend in Aug so there is more time.

It was quite a surprise to see Red Rocks announce summer programming (dates as soon as May) last week. Is COVID not an issue in the greater Denver area?
    the Red Rocks scheduled that was announced the other day apparently is fake
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • EMC77EMC77 Almería, Spain Posts: 124
    edited January 2021
    Even though I really want to see PJ live (sigh), and this 2 year postponement will keep us away from Dimitris' hints games for new tours (how I enjoyed november 2019, sigh again) it is better to wait until it's really safe for everyone.

Yesterday I heard on the radio that with all  issues that may happen within the vaccination process, Spain will not get the herd inmunity till summer 2022 (maybe the worst scenario). I hope to be vaccinated then and enjoy the 2 shows I have tickets for as much as I can.
    Post edited by EMC77 on
  • raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    edited January 2021
    Post edited by raindog80 on
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191
    Sadly it seems inevitable that the tour will be postponed/cancelled again, Germany also announcing that they expect to be in lockdown until April don’t bode well! Would be nice if Ten Club did what AXS did with the BST show and refunded the money but also gave the option to buy again before general sale as I’m not sure whether to keep my tickets again for another year or ask for a refund and play the lottery game when/if they go back on sale..
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

drfox said:

So what‘s the correct translation here? Did they already decide to postpone or is it up to the band to still decide? Google translate isn‘t really helpful.
    JackD. said:
    drfox said:

So what‘s the correct translation here? Did they already decide to postpone or is it up to the band to still decide? Google translate isn‘t really helpful.
    As reported by bolognatoday.it, Imola’s city councilor Elena Penazzi stated that Pearl Jam have decided to postpone their concert in Imola to summer 2022, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
    pearljamonline.it
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Here's the original article: https://www.bolognatoday.it/cronaca/autodromo-imola-formula1-gp-concerti-2021.html
    Google translation:
    Goal 2021: Vasco Rossi's concert. Then come Pearl Jam
    "Our racetrack will bring activities that go beyond the motoring scenario and we will also return to host live music: our goal today are the concerts of Vasco Rossi and Cesare Cremonini, which have been postponed and which we hope to be able to enjoy in autumn . Every year the calendar of events is assessed at the municipal level (the structure is multifunctional, so we are not just talking about sport) and it is since this council took office that we have been working hard since we are talking about important activities that impact on different sectors, from hotels to restaurants, without counting all the workers who revolve around events and maxi-events. Both the mayor Marco Panieri and I want to bring the racetrack back to the international scene with that vitality that will give light to the territory and that already today, in view of the spring GP, it begins to be a message of hope in times of darkness "explains Penazzi, who on the world tour of the Pearl Jam instead gives an appointment to 2022, as decided by the band.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
    Thanks!
  • CB254133CB254133 Posts: 153
    JPPJ84 said:
    JackD. said:
    Exactly! I just wanna keep my tickets 
    +1
  • PeterEDPeterED Posts: 363
    LukinFan said:
    PeterED said:

I’m expecting something similar for Osheaga, though it’s the first weekend in Aug so there is more time.

It was quite a surprise to see Red Rocks announce summer programming (dates as soon as May) last week. Is COVID not an issue in the greater Denver area?
    Really? Then somebody put in a helluva lot of effort to fool a few people:
    https://www.redrocksonline.com/events/

The dates coincide with dates posted on some artist's pages too.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • PeterEDPeterED Posts: 363
    Hopefully 2022 route is similar to existing if that's true so all tickets can be used
    This is where it gets messy: the first itinerary was great for me (I could hit multiples), the second garbage (not a single date worked). I'm sure it worked both ways for many others.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    PeterED said:
    This is where it gets messy: the first itinerary was great for me (I could hit multiples), the second garbage (not a single date worked). I'm sure it worked both ways for many others.
    Right?!  That Krakow-Budapest-Zurich leg was gonna be killer, then they spread those dates across 4 weeks.  I was able to get Prague tickets when they went on sale, and then found a pair of GA for Vienna from the venue, so Krakow can still happen.  But...I still haven't requested a refund for the Zurich or Budapest tickets since I am working under the assumption that 2021 summer dates will be rescheduled for 2022, and want to see what dates work when rescheduled.  

At this point, I wish they would just announce the postponement so I can plan a replacement trip stateside for July.  And to do so before the end of March in the event that if the new dates are announced, there is time to request refunds from 10C before their 4/1 cutoff.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 489
    PeterED said:
    LukinFan said:
    PeterED said:

Really? Then somebody put in a helluva lot of effort to fool a few people:
    https://www.redrocksonline.com/events/

The dates coincide with dates posted on some artist's pages too.
    Those are shows that were rescheduled in 2020 for this summer in the hope they’d be able to play. Unfortunately, the hope isn’t coming true. 
  • Optimistically that article is only about Imola which was 80-100k people in Italy. They may come back in 2022, but I don’t think that speaks for all dates and countries, although more than likely.

They should be touring New Zealand right now
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
    edited January 2021
    Optimistically that article is only about Imola which was 80-100k people in Italy. They may come back in 2022, but I don’t think that speaks for all dates and countries, although more than likely.

They should be touring New Zealand right now
    Time will tell but I don't see good news in the near future. 
    pearljamonline.it
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    Last time it got postponed we had to give up Budapest and added on Prague instead. If they change the route again, we’re going to be all over the place with tickets! 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • tino_11 said:
    Last time it got postponed we had to give up Budapest and added on Prague instead. If they change the route again, we’re going to be all over the place with tickets! 
    Same here well that was the plan but I haven't asked for a refund yet will hold of till we see the 2022 route
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    tino_11 said:
    Quite frankly, the lottery odds were almost exclusively 99% for NA and Europe this round.  If it is in fact going to 2022 it should just be a cancellation and refund.  The lottery process is neither hard nor stressful.  You will get in the building (most shows).  My tickets are also all over the place.  I added Prague and Vienna because I didn't want to give up Budapest. Now I have like 7 dates in limbo.
  • PJamMBPJamMB Posts: 120
    I respect the band’s decision and will hold on to GA tickets for another year. At the same time, totally GUTTED! 😞
  • joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    One thing I will be very appreciative of is knowing well in advance. 
  • JABKJABK Finland Posts: 293
    As sad as I am for writing this, but I'm now mentally prepared for no PJ in 2021. Hope they soon come out with an announcement and possibly with new dates...and maybe with an added Finland-show 😉🤞
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    JABK said:
    As sad as I am for writing this, but I'm now mentally prepared for no PJ in 2021. Hope they soon come out with an announcement and possibly with new dates...and maybe with an added Finland-show 😉🤞
    The deadline for cancelling tickets is April 1st. At the very least I hope we know by then. But there is thousands and thousands of dollars tied up for fans with credits and other means with regards to travel. A lot of those deadlines are up this month. This needs to be taken into consideration I would hope. I understand there are contracts in place and probably timelines given to them by the venues/festivals to say they can not cancel before a certain date. We found out April 9th 2020 that it got pushed to 2021. Here is to hoping we find out earlier than that this year. 
This discussion has been closed.