TEN CLUB UK/EU STORE!

1789101113»

Comments

• SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Why isn't this thread pinned anymore @Sea ?

It was unpinned to make room for the other announcements we made.
  • DeanoDeano Posts: 179
    Sea said:
    Why isn't this thread pinned anymore @Sea ?

It was unpinned to make room for the other announcements we made.
    Hi Sea .
    Genuine question - will there be an update on the outstanding fan club singles?
    Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006
    O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009
    Hyde Park - Jun 25, 2010
    Manchester - #1 & #2, 2012
    EV: London #1 & #2 2012
    Leeds - July 8, 2014
    Milton Keynes - July 11, 2014
    EV: London - #1 & #2, 2017
    O2 Arena - June 18, 2018
    O2 Arena - June 19, 2018
    O2 Arena - July 17, 2018
    Hyde Park - July 10, 2020
    Hyde Park - #1 & #2, 2021 (hopefully!)
  • Just with respect shipping fees and taxes discussion, for IRISH PJ fans you can use the An Post Address Pal service. You can register a virtual UK and US shipping address and An Post will then handle and deliver the homebound leg for for a fee. I've just ordered the Vinyl Box set from the UK Store and the post and packing was £3.99 and I think the An Post delivery to me will be circa €7 - so instead of €52 it should be no more than €12 in shipping.
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    Conjack76 said:
    Just with respect shipping fees and taxes discussion, for IRISH PJ fans you can use the An Post Address Pal service. You can register a virtual UK and US shipping address and An Post will then handle and deliver the homebound leg for for a fee. I've just ordered the Vinyl Box set from the UK Store and the post and packing was £3.99 and I think the An Post delivery to me will be circa €7 - so instead of €52 it should be no more than €12 in shipping.
    Yes, its a great service for ordering from UK. US orders from to a US address sometimes do not declare the value of the items since its internal mail so you will be asked to provide the receipt before it is shipped on. 
    Kearnsy
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    Please put more stock on the pj uk/Euro store.. Please please please 
  • axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 382
    edited January 2021
    Yeah, Brexit is here. 

So, goods sent from the UK to the EU can be subject to customs and (Import) VAT. 
    Generally, goods are exempt from customs if their value is below 150 EUR. 

It’s more complicated regarding (Import)-Vat. 
    Generally, goods sent from the UK to EU (for example Germany) are NOT subject to UK Vat, but they are subject to (f.e. German) Import-VAT, once they come to Germany. Until July 2022, goods below 22 EUR are exempt from Import VAT. 

So, buyers in the EU could end up paying additional (Import-) VAT and customs, depending on the value of the shipping, unless the taxes are paid by the European Store. I asked musicglue whether they paid German VAT for my order I placed and paid in 2020, but have not received an answer yet. 

Every buyer should know about the risk, once they buy from the „European“ store. Oh, and maybe Tenclub could take a look at this, but I am not holding my breath. 
    Post edited by axeljohan on
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    axeljohan said:
    Yeah, Brexit is here. 

So, goods sent from the UK to the EU can be subject to customs and (Import) VAT. 
    Generally, goods are exempt from customs if their value is below 150 EUR. 

It’s more complicated regarding (Import)-Vat. 
    Generally, goods sent from the UK to EU (for example Germany) are NOT subject to UK Vat, but they are subject to (f.e. German) Import-VAT, once they come to Germany. Until July 2022, goods below 22 EUR are exempt from Import VAT. 

So, buyers in the EU could end up paying additional (Import-) VAT and customs, depending on the value of the shipping, unless the taxes are paid by the European Store. I asked musicglue whether they paid German VAT for my order I placed and paid in 2020, but have not received an answer yet. 

Every buyer should know about the risk, once they buy from the „European“ store. Oh, and maybe Tenclub could take a look at this, but I am not holding my breath. 
     i agree to all u said,,,one thing,...SHIPPING cost has nothing to do with customs,brexit or vat..the overpriced shipping cost from musicglue called stealing.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    edited January 2021
    Just to add to the frustration: at the moment, the Pearl Jam European Store sells the vault 10 to EU-customers for 47 EUR plus shipping. Maybe they are selling to UK-customers for 43 GBP plus shipping. Regarding UK-customers, the store has to pay UK-VAT at 20% (approx. 7.17 GBP), their net income is 35.83 GBP. 
    Regarding the EU-customers, the Store doesn’t have to pay UK-VAT. The store could pay European (f.e. German) VAT, but they don’t have to. If the store doesn’t pay German VAT, the customer will have to pay it on top of the 47 EUR. 
    So, IF the Store does not pay the German VAT, their net income is 47 EUR (approx 42.59 GBP). Good for them, bad for Eu-customers, who will have to pay 47 EUR AND shipping AND Vat. 
    I asked musicglue about VAT for EU-customers, but I doubt I will get an answer. Again, this is something, 10c should address, or at least get rid of the title „European Store“
    edited January 2021
    Update for EU-customers:

musicglue confirmed to me via email, that EU-customers will have to pay additional VAT and customs, when Vault 10 will be sent later this year. It doesn’t matter, whether you paid for the vault in 2020 or 2021. 

So, every EU-Customer should notice, that Vault 10 should be taxed at your local VAT-rate, once they are shipped. We should be fine regarding customs, if the value is below 150 EUR. 

Again: 10c should just delete the „European“ from the name of this store, since it doesn’t help EU-customers one bit. 
  • VsVs Posts: 76
    axeljohan said:
    Update for EU-customers:

musicglue confirmed to me via email, that EU-customers will have to pay additional VAT and customs, when Vault 10 will be sent later this year. It doesn’t matter, whether you paid for the vault in 2020 or 2021. 

So, every EU-Customer should notice, that Vault 10 should be taxed at your local VAT-rate, once they are shipped. We should be fine regarding customs, if the value is below 150 EUR. 

Again: 10c should just delete the „European“ from the name of this store, since it doesn’t help EU-customers one bit. 
    10C the solution is move the store in EU, sadly UK is no more in the community.
    edited January 2021
    Or The „European“ store could lower the selling price to „net prices“ as Rough Trade for example does it. 

There are many solutions, but it would be great if this issue would be addressed by 10c here for once.  
    One more thing: I asked musicglue whether they are thinking about lowering the prices to a net prices, like other UK-based stores. This is what they had to say:

„Please note that you placed an order with the Pearl Jam marketplace and not Music Glue. This means that the artist and/or their team are in control of products, pricing and choosing best fulfilment options for them via the e-commerce technology platform that Music Glue provides.“

So, it sounds, 10c is in the driving seat regarding this issue. It would be great, if they would comment on this. 
  • They won't 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    I know. 
    Remove EU from the title as this useless store has no benefit to EU members anymore.
    Kearnsy
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    axeljohan said:
    Update for EU-customers:

WOW!

• Sorry, wrong thread, how do I delete?

Surprisingly, I didn’t get an answer from 10c about the UK-store, so I canceled my order. It is ridiculous, that I should pay 119 EUR (47 EUR + 53 EUR shipping + 19 EUR VAT), when the same store sells it to other customers for 53 EUR delivered. 

It is fine, when I choose to buy something on Discogs or eBay and they rip me off. But I don’t want to be ripped off by the band‘s official store. 

• Remember when this thread was pinned, and not moving into obscurity 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Yesterday's news
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Ateast we dont have to pay vat now. If only there was something to buy.
    Kearnsy
  • Kearn5y said:
    Ateast we dont have to pay vat now. If only there was something to buy.
    Good, that they finally adjusted that. It would have great, though, if they did that while Vault 10 was available to pre-order. 
    Oh, well. Looks like I have to sit Vault 10 out.
  • What was the news? I must have missed something
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    edited February 2021
    axeljohan said:
    Update for EU-customers:

yeah..was expecting that..wish 10c do something as another store for rest europeans..but i guess will be like vaccine program,,companies sold to usa and uk the vaccines and late deliver to to rest europeans.we are third world ciitizens when comes to business 

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • What was the news? I must have missed something
    The UK store adjusted its pricing to the post-Brexit-world. EU-customers pay less at the store (net prices without VAT) but will generally have to pay VAT and customs when the items are delivered from the UK to the EU. 

Unfortunately, they didn’t make that adjustment while the vault 10 was offered. So, EU-customers are likely to pay additional costs for the Vault 10, when it is delivered from UK to the EU. 
  • desolatejoydesolatejoy London Posts: 224
    Anybody know what has happened to the Vault 10 information on the UK (not EU ;) ) store? Is it still going to be released on the 26th Feb?
    Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
    Anybody know what has happened to the Vault 10 information on the UK (not EU ;) ) store? Is it still going to be released on the 26th Feb?
    My order status says expected to be shipped by 26th February. 
    Kearnsy
  • axeljohan said:
    What was the news? I must have missed something
    The UK store adjusted its pricing to the post-Brexit-world. EU-customers pay less at the store (net prices without VAT) but will generally have to pay VAT and customs when the items are delivered from the UK to the EU. 

Unfortunately, they didn’t make that adjustment while the vault 10 was offered. So, EU-customers are likely to pay additional costs for the Vault 10, when it is delivered from UK to the EU. 
    Thanks... although this vault will go down as one of the most expensive purchases I have made from PJ 😩. I guess it was my stupid mistake to preorder something around Brexit
  • 47 EUR - vault 10
    52 EUR - shipping
    20 EUR - Import tax
    18 EUR - customs handling fee

total cost for vault 10: 137 EUR
    What a deal