******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    pjhawks said:
    Deshaun Watson in midnight green (nay, kelly) would look fantastic...

By the way, he is an example of a franchise qb putting up incredible numbers on a team that was just as shitty as the Eagles this year. Also has an immensely better contract than Carson. 

I know it will probably not happen but a guy can dream!
    well actually according to overthecap.com, while Wentz's cap number is significantly larger in 2021 it is actually lower for 2022 through 2024 and Watson has one extra year in 2025.  See numbers below.

Wentz cap:
    2021 - $34.6 (17.4% of cap)
    2022 - $31.2 (13.7)
    2023 - $34.2 (14.2)
    2024 - $32.0 (12.5)

Watson cap:
    2021 - 15.9 (8.6)
    2022 - 40.4 (17.8)
    2023 - 42.4 (17.6)
    2024 - 34.7 (13.6)
    2025 - 32.0

-https://www.radio.com/94wip/deshaun-watson-for-carson-wentz-a-look-at-the-possibility
    -

Financially, Watson’s deal is actually very tradable and very team friendly. Trading Watson would cost the Texans only $21 million in dead money, compared to the $33 million it would cost the Eagles. It is worth noting that despite Watson signing a bigger deal, and signing it two years after Wentz did, his deal seems to be structured way better for the Texans than Wentz’s is for the Eagles.

A deal for Watson would cost the Eagles the following, via OverTheCap.com:

Watson would cost the Eagles:
    2021: $10.54 million base salary
    2022: $35 million base salary (2023 money becomes fully guaranteed on March 22nd)
    2023: $20 million base salary, $17 million roster bonus
    2024: $32 million base salary (not guaranteed)
    2025: $32 million base salary (not guaranteed)

His cap hits would be:

Cap hits:
    2021: $10.54 million
    2022: $35 million
    2023: $37 million
    2024: $32 million
    2025: $32 million

can juggler crunch mortgages....or whatever the fuck he does....like he crunches cap space?

doubt it.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Deshaun Watson in midnight green (nay, kelly) would look fantastic...

By the way, he is an example of a franchise qb putting up incredible numbers on a team that was just as shitty as the Eagles this year. Also has an immensely better contract than Carson. 

I know it will probably not happen but a guy can dream!
    well actually according to overthecap.com, while Wentz's cap number is significantly larger in 2021 it is actually lower for 2022 through 2024 and Watson has one extra year in 2025.  See numbers below.

Wentz cap:
    2021 - $34.6 (17.4% of cap)
    2022 - $31.2 (13.7)
    2023 - $34.2 (14.2)
    2024 - $32.0 (12.5)

Watson cap:
    2021 - 15.9 (8.6)
    2022 - 40.4 (17.8)
    2023 - 42.4 (17.6)
    2024 - 34.7 (13.6)
    2025 - 32.0

-https://www.radio.com/94wip/deshaun-watson-for-carson-wentz-a-look-at-the-possibility
    -

Financially, Watson’s deal is actually very tradable and very team friendly. Trading Watson would cost the Texans only $21 million in dead money, compared to the $33 million it would cost the Eagles. It is worth noting that despite Watson signing a bigger deal, and signing it two years after Wentz did, his deal seems to be structured way better for the Texans than Wentz’s is for the Eagles.

A deal for Watson would cost the Eagles the following, via OverTheCap.com:

Watson would cost the Eagles:
    2021: $10.54 million base salary
    2022: $35 million base salary (2023 money becomes fully guaranteed on March 22nd)
    2023: $20 million base salary, $17 million roster bonus
    2024: $32 million base salary (not guaranteed)
    2025: $32 million base salary (not guaranteed)

His cap hits would be:

Cap hits:
    2021: $10.54 million
    2022: $35 million
    2023: $37 million
    2024: $32 million
    2025: $32 million

can juggler crunch mortgages....or whatever the fuck he does....like he crunches cap space?

doubt it.
    Lol...I'm gonna crunch your face next!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Yo so thank god Doug might actually be out.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Yo so thank god Doug might actually be out.
    It’s probably Wentz or Pederson and looks like gonna be Pederson out.  So that only gets one guy Eagles fans want out actually out.  
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I think Pederson is the right choice to get shit canned. They committed too much to wentz 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    He deserves it for mismanagement of his running back.  
    Would hate to think they do it to pacify Harry, though.  
    Turn the page already.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited January 2021
    Haha, F Me - your problem with Sanders is strictly because he was on your fantasy roster right?

I've said from the beginning - Wentz should stay, Doug and Howie should be out. Looks like Howie isn't going anywhere, but he should not be overseeing the draft. But someone needs to go, and if I had to pick one of the three it's Doug. I'd argue he had the least to do with their Super Bowl win, of the three.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
     Wentz , Doug and Howie . I'd argue he had the least to do with their Super Bowl win, of the three.
    How did he have less to do with it than Wentz who missed the entire playoffs?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Haha, F Me - your problem with Sanders is strictly because he was on your fantasy roster right?

I've said from the beginning - Wentz should stay, Doug and Howie should be out. Looks like Howie isn't going anywhere, but he should not be overseeing the draft. But someone needs to go, and if I had to pick one of the three it's Doug. I'd argue he had the least to do with their Super Bowl win, of the three.

Yes -- and it is ridiculous, right?  He was on TWO of my fantasy rosters, thereby doubling his importance to [my] world.
    :lol:
    That being stated, he did totally misuse a very good running back.
    Poncier said:
     Wentz , Doug and Howie . I'd argue he had the least to do with their Super Bowl win, of the three.
    How did he have less to do with it than Wentz who missed the entire playoffs?
    I argue Wentz is the reason they were a #1 seed. I'm not saying Doug is fine as a coach, but he was/is all about delegating. When he is the main play caller, etc, they're not as good. Philly Special was Foles's call. This isn't Belichick we're talking about here.

Listen, it's not that I'm not grateful for what all of these people have done, but Doug's hiring had more to do with Lurie wanting to get Chip out as quickly as possibly as opposed to what Doug brought to the table. I'd rather give up on Doug than the former franchise quarterback that they've financial committed to.
    edited January 2021
    Oh I agree with you about Pederson in general. I find his use of the 2 point conversion mind bogglingly stupid at times and have posted in here about it.
    Just hard to credit Wentz more than him for the SB victory when Wentz didn't play after week 13.
    Interestingly enough he has gotten more and more conservative with his use of 4th down & 2 point conversions. The mind boggling part is he started using this season in absolute dumb situations - there wasn't any rhyme or reason to it.

And don't get me wrong - he's a fine coach, and I can't discredit him. He definitely had a part to play. But so much of him was reliant on other people/coaches. I just don't think he's good enough to be given total head coach/play calling control. His best quality was his ability to be open to others' ideas and listen to everyone.

But without Wentz they're not in the position to be the #1 seed and make their path "easier".
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited January 2021
    I have Philly Sports Talk Radio on and Report(didn't catch who it was from) and Pederson has been fired.
    Yep, seems to be the case, per Twitters.
    Sanders = amazing next year!

:lol:   
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    He's gonna go to the Jets. Which is totally cool with me.

I'm thinking they get this OC guy from USC that F Me hates plus..wait for it.....Marvin Lewis.
    The next pressing issue, though, is put Howie in a "President" role on a diagonal "promotion" and bring in a GM along with whom ever the coach is.
    He's gonna go to the Jets. Which is totally cool with me.

I'm thinking they get this OC guy from USC that F Me hates plus..wait for it.....Marvin Lewis.

This would be glorious. 

BTW, Sanders will be almost completely irrelevant if they hire that turd Graham Harrel.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Well felt inevitable after the story leaked yesterday they were meeting again.  Eric Bienemy step right up?
    Also, if you hire Graham it is a near lock that you draft his boy, Tobandrew Magarfield.

Poncier said:

Of course Pederson just got the dreaded vote of confidence, so maybe Harry will be staying with a new coach come tomorrow.
    Nailed it 8 days ago. Just took a little longer for the hammer to come down.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I wouldn't mind Duce Staley :smile:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited January 2021
    The next pressing issue, though, is put Howie in a "President" role on a diagonal "promotion" and bring in a GM along with whom ever the coach is.
    I think this is a bigger problem than Doug was. They're not going to do that. Howie is gonna preside over his 3rd head coach. That rarely happens. How Lurie can look at the make up of this team and not see the larger issue is pretty concerning.

But I think it was Zach Berman who said Howie is better at building a roster than maintaining one. He did build a Super Bowl winner a few years ago. Now he's got the chance to build one again. I don't know. I'd much prefer to start fresh. Would've been the perfect time.

I'll always love Doug though. And it's weird because I hated him in the late 90's. I mean I loathed the guy because all I wanted at the time was to see Donovan take the reigns so, irrationally, Doug got my ire as a blacked out drunken college kid. Then I hated the hire initially in '16. But, man, what he did in '17 was nothing short of brilliant. JP,  you are short changing him when you say Philly Special was all Foles. It was something they practiced, obviously. Foles brought it up, but Doug had to make the call and it was as gutsy a call as has ever been made under the circumstances. Both of those motherfuckers are absolute legends in my book and nothing's gonna change that. 

Saleh would be an intriguing hire to me....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I think this is a bigger problem than Doug was. They're not going to do that. Howie is gonna preside over his 3rd head coach. That rarely happens. How Lurie can look at the make up of this team and not see the larger issue is pretty concerning.

But I think it was Zach Berman who said Howie is better at building a roster than maintaining one. He did build a Super Bowl winner a few years ago. Now he's got the chance to build one again. I don't know. I'd much prefer to start fresh. Would've been the perfect time.

I'll always love Doug though. And it's weird because I hated him in the late 90's. I mean I loathed the guy because all I wanted at the time was to see Donovan take the reigns so, irrationally, Doug got my ire as a blacked out drunken college kid. Then I hated the hire initially in '16. But, man, what he did in '17 was nothing short of brilliant. JP,  you are short changing him when you say Philly Special was all Foles. It was something they practiced, obviously. Foles brought it up, but Doug had to make the call and it was as gutsy a call as has ever been made under the circumstances. Both of those motherfuckers are absolute legends in my book and nothing's gonna change that. 

Believe me, I'm not trying to discount Doug here, and I totally know it comes off that way. And not to shit some more on Doug, but Howie had more to do with their Super Bowl win than Doug.

I saw that Berman article good stuff. Yeah, he can build but he can't maintain. 

Good point on the Bird with Friends podcast how Lurie views Howie wayyy differently than we do. Lurie wants to be involved in building the team and Howie lets him do that.

Believe me, I'm not trying to discount Doug here, and I totally know it comes off that way. And not to shit some more on Doug, but Howie had more to do with their Super Bowl win than Doug.

Good point on the Bird with Friends podcast how Lurie views Howie wayyy differently than we do. Lurie wants to be involved in building the team and Howie lets him do that.
    See, if they would've won it with Wentz, who Howie traded up twice to get, I think I'd agree. But NOBODY gave them a shot after he went down. And then to win every post season game as an underdog cements that Doug was more responsible than Howie in my mind. It's certainly close. Howie made all the right moves that year. But Doug kept that team together and even dipped into the Chipper's play book to find out what worked for Foles 4 or 5 years earlier and incorporated that into his game plans. To that, I say, advantage Mr. Pederson!

chinese-happy.jpg

See, if they would've won it with Wentz, who Howie traded up twice to get, I think I'd agree. But NOBODY gave them a shot after he went down. And then to win every post season game as an underdog cements that Doug was more responsible than Howie in my mind. It's certainly close. Howie made all the right moves that year. But Doug kept that team together and even dipped into the Chipper's play book to find out what worked for Foles 4 or 5 years earlier and incorporated that into his game plans. To that, I say, advantage Mr. Pederson!

My ranking of influence for how 2017 played out is 1) BDN 2) Wentz 3) Howie 4) Schwartz 5) Doug 6) Reich/DiFilippo

I know, I discount the shit out of Doug.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417

5-1 lifetime verses NY Giants. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg