I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,624

Had fun looking through the used bins today. I also found a purple translucent REM Reckoning for $8.00, so I grabbed it as well. Now I have both the purple and the brown one. 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,251
    This arrived with perfect timing on Christmas Eve.

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,292
    That AIC pressing looks..... awful 

books and covers and all that.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,511
    edited January 2021
    Loujoe said:
    ^^^I dont know who that is but I trust your taste in music...
    I emphatically implore you to try out Thee Oh Sees.  I loved Smote Reverser, Floating Coffin, Orc and Drop.

Give it a shot.  If you don't like them I'll buy it off of you.
    I just snagged a couple of thee oh sees records-floating coffin and moon sick. Emphatically implored challenge accepted! I need fresh music badly. @tempo_n_groove
    Post edited by Loujoe on
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 629

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • halvhalv Posts: 674
    DC29940 said:

Nice haul! What's the one below Jeff Buckley? 
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 629
    halv said:
    DC29940 said:

Explosions in the Sky's first album "How Strange, Innocence", that and the one next to it finally complete my EITS discography (minus the gazillion soundtracks they've done)
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,432
    Unofficial AIC Self titled.

• halvhalv Posts: 674

I picked up that Screaming Trees Dust the other day as well. Excellent pressing. 

• halv said:

I picked up that Screaming Trees Dust the other day as well. Excellent pressing. 

Thanks that is good to know. Can’t wait to spin it! 
    halv said:
    DC29940 said:

Nice. Such a shame about Jeff Buckley. I would like to think he would have gone on to make amazing music had he not died so young. Such a tragedy. That album is so good.

• mickeyrat said:

LAD is still to this day my favorite live album ever made.  It is a greatest hits from front to back w a bunch of songs that aren't even played anymore.

They put out a box that houses all the albums up to LAD.  It's red and frigginn cool.
  • Loujoe said:
    Loujoe said:
    ^^^I dont know who that is but I trust your taste in music...
    I emphatically implore you to try out Thee Oh Sees.  I loved Smote Reverser, Floating Coffin, Orc and Drop.

Give it a shot.  If you don't like them I'll buy it off of you.
    I just snagged a couple of thee oh sees records-floating coffin and moon sick. Emphatically implored challenge accepted! I need fresh music badly. @tempo_n_groove
    Awesome!  If you don't like them I will buy them off you.

Can't wait to hear your take on them.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mickeyrat said:

LAD is still to this day my favorite live album ever made.  It is a greatest hits from front to back w a bunch of songs that aren't even played anymore.

They put out a box that houses all the albums up to LAD.  It's red and frigginn cool.
    Eat a dick, Eldiablo_69!

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/925593182
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:

Eat a dick, Eldiablo_69!

some of these guys are reaching for sure
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:

Eat a dick, Eldiablo_69!

1/3 of the price on the bay if you really want one.  I like a nice box to house my records but paying $300?  Nah G, I'm good.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    I had this album a long time ago and somehow it got separated from my collection and has been long gone (maybe sold for food money, but why?  This is food!) Anyway, after several years of occasionally looking for a good copy, I found this copy that stretched my budget but not by too much.  I'd love to have Edition II as well, but that will take some good luck finding one that doesn't bust the budget!  This is definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I am thrilled to have it again!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I just got my first COVID-19 vaccine today so I  treated myself at the local record store. 
    I just got my first COVID-19 vaccine today so I  treated myself at the local record store. 
    Nice. I don’t have any RHCP on vinyl, only CD. Another one to add to my ever growing list. 
    GlowGirl said:
    Nice. I don’t have any RHCP on vinyl, only CD. Another one to add to my ever growing list. 
    I have a bunch of them on CD too. This is the first one I bought on vinyl. 
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    brianlux said:
    I had this album a long time ago and somehow it got separated from my collection and has been long gone (maybe sold for food money, but why?  This is food!) Anyway, after several years of occasionally looking for a good copy, I found this copy that stretched my budget but not by too much.  I'd love to have Edition II as well, but that will take some good luck finding one that doesn't bust the budget!  This is definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I am thrilled to have it again!

My local shop had an copy of this in the used bin this afternoon. 
    brianlux said:

Do you remember how much? 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I believe it was $80 - 90, somewhere in that ballpark.
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I believe it was $80 - 90, somewhere in that ballpark.

I can believe it- that's the going rate.

I was lucky and found one for about half that.  Crazy- used to be able to pick up stiff like this for WAY less.  There just isn't enough demand right now for a lot of great jazz that I'd love to see re-pressed.  Saw the movie Roman J. Israel, Esq. the other night (great film) and near the beginning it had an excerpt in it from Pharoah Sanders Elevation.  I thought, "Man, I want that album!"  Looked it up on Discogs.  OMG, no way!

Love this album!!
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,646
    GlowGirl said:

Love this album!!
    Great album. Oh! You Pretty Things is underrated.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    ^^^I listened to that one earlier. Not on vinyl, though. That would’ve been rough in the car. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    ^^^I listened to that one earlier. Not on vinyl, though. That would’ve been rough in the car. 

pick you up one of these.....