NCAA College Football -

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    mickeyrat said:
    pretty good first half for a #11 team eh dabo?
    I was about to Post the same.

Let's see if #11 can win the game.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Beat those Tigers!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Ad revenue again 
    That is wrong.
    Ads are sold in advance.

You've provided no evidence other than someone you talked to.  Weak. 
    Evidently you think the NCAA somehow violates the laws of supply and demand.  This could be a dissertation topic. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    mrussel1 said:
    Ad revenue again 
    That is wrong.
    Ads are sold in advance.

I have an industry veteran who described to me how ad buying and selling works for top rated television and a comp in the NFL and how they sell for their big stage events.  This informed my position.

You have what you think.

Who do you know in the television business?  Where is your comp?

You talk out of your ass.
    Sorry ...but that is what weak is.
    mrussel1 said:
    Ad revenue again 
    That is wrong.
    Ads are sold in advance.

I have an industry veteran who described to me how ad buying and selling works for top rated television and a comp in the NFL and how they sell for their big stage events.  This informed my position.

You have what you think.

Who do you know in the television business?  Where is your comp?

You talk out of your ass.
    Sorry ...but that is what weak is.
    There's such a thing as sensitivity in pricing.  All of your examples logically have low sensitivity.  College sports has high sensitivity.  I have no idea who this person is, so I'm pretty comfortable with my 25 years of corporate business leadership in this one. You believe what you wish.  Sure,  the teams have zero effect on eyeballs.  Right. 
    edited January 2021
    Silly 
    I should expect nothing different after the Cleveland Indians should change their name to The Tribe silliness.  You make a statement and stand by it no matter what.

I'm also a corporate executive.  Big deal. This doesn't mean I know about television and advertising.

My wife has worked in TV since the 90s and used to sell TV shows to foreign markets....and in the past 10+ years has worked in a producer level position on two shows that ranked in top 5 for many years for network show ratings.  She knows how ad sales work and has an actual basis for an opinion.

The NFL sets the gold standard for how the Super Bowl ads are sold.  They sell as much as they possibly can in advance.

So yeah, I'm gonna go with your option.  :lol:

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    Silly 
    I should expect nothing different after the Cleveland Indians should change their name to The Tribe silliness.  You make a statement and stand by it no matter what.

I'm also a corporate executive.  Big deal. This doesn't mean I know about television and advertising.

My wife has worked in TV since the 90s and used to sell TV shows to foreign markets....and in the past 10+ years has worked in a producer level position on two shows that ranked in top 5 for many years for network show ratings.  She knows how ad sales work and has an actual basis for an opinion.

The NFL sets the gold standard for how the Super Bowl ads are sold.  They sell as much as they possibly can in advance.

So yeah, I'm gonna go with your option.  :lol:

I guess NBC were idiots when they struck that extended contract with Notre Dame. I'm shocked they didn't sign Texas A&M instead,  since according to your logic,  there's no value difference between A&M and ND. It's a pity they didn't consult you,  they could have avoided such a disaster. 
    Not an argument that is comparable.  NBC knows ND is bankable and they can sell the brand for advertising....so they make that deal 
    That is not the same thing as the CFP picking the final four and wanting ND in there so that they can sell ads.

Enjoy your victory - glad OSU won this game.  

CFP did not pick ND to try and sell ads they were already selling as quickly as they could.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Worse officiated team for the sugar bowl I have ever seen. Not one holding flag when 2 guys tackle a defender. That fumble call was total bs.
    edited January 2021
    mace1229 said:
    Worse officiated team for the sugar bowl I have ever seen. Not one holding flag when 2 guys tackle a defender. That fumble call was total bs.
    He didn't have control.  It was pinned to his hip. 
  • So can we discuss actual football and how bad ND is in big time games and how fake their regular season actually is?
  • Clemson looks lost.  

OSU looks very well prepared.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    So can we discuss actual football and how bad ND is in big time games and how fake their regular season actually is?

thought a that  went without saying......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Clemson looks lost.  

OSU looks very well prepared.

Clemson is lost. Poor offensive play calls because they’re OC is out. And too many blown defensive plays. The holding on every single play and not a single flag doesn’t count. Don’t think Clemson would win the way they are playing, but would be a close game.
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    The first one? Wasn’t at his hip. Had is hand on it, on the ground, and they ripped it from his hand. He was laying in the ground, play was over, when they ripped it from him. Somehow counts as a fumble though.
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    The first one? Wasn’t at his hip. Had is hand on it, on the ground, and they ripped it from his hand. He was laying in the ground, play was over, when they ripped it from him. Somehow counts as a fumble though.

because he had lost control ..
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:

because he had lost control ..
    Yeah, and then had his hand on it. Ball on the ground, hand on it, ball not moving, hand not moving. I don’t understand why that isn’t a dead play and recovered fumble.
    Solid play all throughout. Congrats Buckeyes. Well earned.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    hey, F and m.....this ain’t the AMT!

interested to see if NC can hang with A&M. NC and clemson w/o lawrence were ND’s supposed good wins. committee shoulda taken cincy or A&M.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

interested to see if NC can hang with A&M. NC and clemson w/o lawrence were ND’s supposed good wins. committee shoulda taken cincy or A&M.
    I hate that I have to defend ND....but their bobo of a coach is right.  How can you judge ND based on getting a whipping from Bama?
    A&M took a larger beating....all of the people pining for Jimbo Jumbo should look more closely at that.
    Florida was the only team to give Bama a real game.  The same Florida team that just had their shit pushed in by Oklahoma and finished with 4 losses.
    Cincy lost to Georgia - who Bama beat down as well.

At least we get Dabo to look foolish for his whole #11 ranking.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I just wonder if THEosu can bring the same game vs. Bama...

ND is now 0-7 in their last 7 new year’s day bowls and have been outscored by 161(?) points. they generally don’t play much of a schedule. USC doesn’t count, anymore :wink:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Yeah I'm not a fan of the Independent schtick that ND plays but this year they played a conference schedule and beat the #1 team and had 1 loss.  
    I understand why there was discussion around who should be the final 4....but looking at the result of ND vs Bama does not mean they should not have been there.  Bama rolled a schedule of SEC opponents - and the world all says the SeC is the toughest, right?

Where are the ACC haters after Clemmy got thrown down the stairs and ND lost big?

Always room for debate on this but I still feel ND was deserving this year.

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Yeah I'm not a fan of the Independent schtick that ND plays but this year they played a conference schedule and beat the #1 team and had 1 loss.  
    I understand why there was discussion around who should be the final 4....but looking at the result of ND vs Bama does not mean they should not have been there.  Bama rolled a schedule of SEC opponents - and the world all says the SeC is the toughest, right?

Where are the ACC haters after Clemmy got thrown down the stairs and ND lost big?

Always room for debate on this but I still feel ND was deserving this year.

Right here. My school is in the SEC, but I'm not an SEC homer. I couldn't care less about how the other schools fare. In fact, I downright pull for 4 of them to lose, unless they're playing Clemson. That said, I loved seeing Clemson get destroyed like that. Their fans are obnoxious regardless, but they're intolerable when they win the CFP. Icing on the cake is seeing all of them complain about officiating in a 21 point loss as if that's the reason they lost.
    Hahaha.
    This is why college football is great - rivalries and having to live around fans of teams you don't like

Not just live around...some are family. I met my wife at University of South Carolina. She's the black sheep of her family as all of my in-laws are Tiger fans.
    Lol

edited January 2021
    Wobbie said:

I hate that I have to defend ND....but their bobo of a coach is right.  How can you judge ND based on getting a whipping from Bama?
    A&M took a larger beating....all of the people pining for Jimbo Jumbo should look more closely at that.
    Florida was the only team to give Bama a real game.  The same Florida team that just had their shit pushed in by Oklahoma and finished with 4 losses.
    Cincy lost to Georgia - who Bama beat down as well.

At least we get Dabo to look foolish for his whole #11 ranking.
    Agreed,  no coach needs to defend why they are where they are.  They have no reason to apologize.  If anyone else had an argument, it was Cincy I suppose.  But the lack of non con play made it difficult to evaluate.