White Privilege

Comments

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    Well here let me help you...name calling (like trump calling women dogs, etc) vs had that been a black man he’d have been dead after the second “no” truly don’t compare, obviously not that name calling is ok because it’s all horrible. What lock down has to do with this confuses me, but I get it was just an example. You just seem to hold a lot of hatred towards conflicting opinions. Well it’s ok to be confused especially now with all this crap going on but comparing words and death should not be something that any of us should be confused about.  It’s just hard to figure out which side you support. But hey, that’s what makes America great, huh? 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    Well here let me help you...name calling (like trump calling women dogs, etc) vs had that been a black man he’d have been dead after the second “no” truly don’t compare, obviously not that name calling is ok because it’s all horrible. What lock down has to do with this confuses me, but I get it was just an example. You just seem to hold a lot of hatred towards conflicting opinions. Well it’s ok to be confused especially now with all this crap going on but comparing words and death should not be something that any of us should be confused about.  It’s just hard to figure out which side you support. But hey, that’s what makes America great, huh? 
    This probably wasn’t the best thread for my original comment. That is true and I apologize for that. I do hate hypocrisy. It really does bother me. I have one side denying science and not wearing masks while the other side tells me not to see my family while their flying to go visit their family. Sorry for derailing  the thread.
    nicknyr15 said:
    This probably wasn’t the best thread for my original comment. That is true and I apologize for that. I do hate hypocrisy. It really does bother me. I have one side denying science and not wearing masks while the other side tells me not to see my family while their flying to go visit their family. Sorry for derailing  the thread.
    Don’t apologize because it’s all relevant and it was an example like I said.  And I get hating hypocrisy because I feel the same way but we need to start somewhere, where?, who knows but it all has to change. 

This is directed at no one in particular. 

Good example of WP is conservatives using aborted fetus tissue to get them over this virus....and the bullshit that it is no longer a fetus doesn’t matter.  Tell me what to do with my body until you’re thanking god that someone had an abortion to save your life. 
    Wonder if they made sure it was tissue from a white woman? 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072

Good example of WP is conservatives using aborted fetus tissue to get them over this virus....and the bullshit that it is no longer a fetus doesn’t matter.  Tell me what to do with my body until you’re thanking god that someone had an abortion to save your life. 
    How exactly is that white privilege?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • This is directed at no one in particular. 

Hypocrisy yes, WP, no.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587

The Religious Right folks don't care about things actually making sense.  If they can find the 1% of ground they feel is solid to stand on, they will take it.  I am sure we could come up with 100 ridiculous statements they might use to justify this hypocrisy. 
    Not a White thing though.  A brainwashed thumper thing.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • I should have provided context - I found this video to be pretty enlightening, and also relevant to the thread. 

Hypocrisy yes, WP, no.
    About 25 doses given/available. Trump, Giuliani, Christie, no blacks yet = white privilege.  Hypocrisy and WP. 

Hypocrisy yes, WP, no.
    About 25 doses given/available. Trump, Giuliani, Christie, no blacks yet = white privilege.  Hypocrisy and WP. 
    Stretching it.

Hypocrisy yes, WP, no.
    Stretching it.
    When a black person gets the cure I’ll rescind my comment. You can hold your breath waiting for it if you like. 

Hypocrisy yes, WP, no.
    Stretching it.
    When a black person gets the cure I’ll rescind my comment. You can hold your breath waiting for it if you like. 
    They are setting up to give them to first responders and the elderly.  No blacks there?
     I was talking about the fetal tissue cure not the vaccine. that’s probably why you were confused 
  •  I was talking about the fetal tissue cure not the vaccine. that’s probably why you were confused 
    Well if he only has white staffers that can be viewed as WP?  It can also just mean that he has white staffers.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

Hypocrisy yes, WP, no.
    Stretching it.

Well, Ben Carson already got it, so we can all let out our breath.

There are certainly issues with equity in distribution of the monoclonal antibodies, though, as this article lays out. Total of 278,000 doses of this treatment have been allocated so far to states; some states distribute by lottery and some by severity of disease, but it's clear that nowhere near everyone who would benefit will receive it, and too many people who didn't really need it have found a way to access it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/09/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-treatments.html

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

Hypocrisy yes, WP, no.
    Stretching it.

Well, Ben Carson already got it, so we can all let out our breath.

There are certainly issues with equity in distribution of the monoclonal antibodies, though, as this article lays out. Total of 278,000 doses of this treatment have been allocated so far to states; some states distribute by lottery and some by severity of disease, but it's clear that nowhere near everyone who would benefit will receive it, and too many people who didn't really need it have found a way to access it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/09/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-treatments.html

Thanks for the update! I should be reading more often😊!!! Your comment makes total sense! 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422

Reckoning with white supremacy: Five fundamentals for white folks

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:

Damnit it says in number 4 that I’m part of the problem...

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    mickeyrat said:

Damnit it says in number 4 that I’m part of the problem...

So we are told.  I don't buy it.  What if someone is inherently attracted to people of all races, creeds and colors, inherently interested in multi-cultural influences in society, and inherently repulsed by people  of all races, creeds and colors who are assholes to oneself?  Why is that not an option?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I take issue with the term “white folks:lol:
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    Girlfriend warned Nashville police Anthony Warner was building bomb a year ago, report shows
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited December 2020
    CM189191 said:
    Girlfriend warned Nashville police Anthony Warner was building bomb a year ago, report shows
    sounds like all the protocols were followed, up until the disputed event of the attorney allegedly not letting the police talk to warner. which doesn't really make sense to me. sounds to me like the cops are trying to save a little face here. 

but if they had cause to search, they had cause. if they didn't, they didn't. doesn't matter if the attorney let them talk to him or not. if they have cause, it's not his call. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

CM189191 said:
    sounds like all the protocols were followed, up until the disputed event of the attorney allegedly not letting the police talk to warner. which doesn't really make sense to me. sounds to me like the cops are trying to save a little face here. 

but if they had cause to search, they had cause. if they didn't, they didn't. doesn't matter if the attorney let them talk to him or not. if they have cause, it's not his call. 

white guy making bombs = follow protocol

black guy selling weed = midnight no knock raid and shoot anything that moves
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

yes, we get it. 

ever get tired of posting the same shit every second post?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    White privilege is not worrying about cops killing your 12 year old son and then facing no charges 
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

yes, we get it. 

I'm tired of living in a police state where citizens are murdered with impunity, while people are convinced it's the 'best country in the world' and the standard for democracy

I'm tired of living in the richest country in the world, where we can't afford to provide basic amenities such as health care, housing, education, and food

Yes, I'm tired of the same shit everyday
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

yes, we get it. 

I'm tired of living in a police state where citizens are murdered with impunity, while people are convinced it's the 'best country in the world' and the standard for democracy

I'm tired of living in the richest country in the world, where we can't afford to provide basic amenities such as health care, housing, education, and food

like I said, we get it. 

your methods need some tweaking, i'd argue. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

yes, we get it. 

I hear ya.  I started following social and environmental issue as far back as the early to mid 60's.  As the years went by I grew hopeful.  And then tried to remain hopeful.  And then tried clinging to hope.  And now, well, I don't know if things will ever change.  And it absolutely sucks for me to say that. 

But I still have a glimmer of hope because I still do what makes sense no matter how things turn out.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    There's a whole lot of domestic right wing terrorists in Washington DC enjoying their white privilege right about now. 

Good thing they weren't caught selling loose cigarettes on Staten Island, that will get you choked to death.