******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    cutz said:
    4 tackles down for the year.  Dillard, Johnson, Peters, and Driscoll plus Brooks at guard for the year and Semulo missed a bunch of games.  What a disaster.  Almost impossible to have a winning record with that many o-line injuries.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I have to say I'm rather pleased with the depth at O line this year. Biggest issue was mgmt and coaching continuing to make bad decisions (starting Peters over Mailata after Mailata showed you something, waiting to stick Lane on the IR). They have to draft a swing G/C type guy, high, this year and overpay a veteran G/T type. Would be huge to have Mailata pay off as your LT. 

Not a lot of trade value on this team, but I think you have to consider getting something for Lane.
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    Wentz not happy being a backup, considering asking for a trade
    poor bargaining position 
    seriously, do you see a team trading for him?
    I could only see a team offering very little and taking a flyer on him if they don’t have to take on his full salary 
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    erebus said:

just read that at espn.com

he’s butt hurt. butt hurts?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    erebus said:
    poor bargaining position 
    seriously, do you see a team trading for him?
    I could only see a team offering very little and taking a flyer on him if they don’t have to take on his full salary 
    yes of course.  Saw report last week was that Sean Peyton is interested in him.  Colts and Frank Reich for sure if Rivers retires. Maybe the Pats.  A QB who had 4 good years and 1 terrible one will still have teams interested.

of course it would be dumb for the Eagles to trade him at this point in my opinion
    For the right return it would not be dumb. Agree he has zero leverage. What a puss, work harder, prove people wrong. Otherwise, shut the fuck up ya fuckin neck acne teenage adult ginger.
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    I could see him ending up in New England or Jacksonville... or trade him to Chicago for Foles lol
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Hahaha.  Can it, Harry!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Hahaha.  Can it, Harry!
    He'll just never look like the guy to turn to when things are down. I'm sorry. A gangly Jesus freak red head with acne from fucking Fargo will never instill this is the guy for me. That's just how I've always felt, regardless of how he plays.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Hahaha.  Can it, Harry!
    He'll just never look like the guy to turn to when things are down. I'm sorry. A gangly Jesus freak red head with acne from fucking Fargo will never instill this is the guy for me. That's just how I've always felt, regardless of how he plays.
    His jesus food charity deal is right down the street from me.  I do think he seems like a hell of a nice guy.  
    (We know where they tend to finish....)

Kingdom Crumb is what it is called.
    Sorry - Thy Kingdom Crumb

Messed up my jesus stuff 
    edited December 2020
    Hey no problem with good intentions or being a nice guy, etc etc. Just my natural inclination has always been is fuck this guy because he looks like he's in the movie Big and is a12 year old who woke up in the body of an elite athlete. So when he tries throwing his weight around my eyes roll hard.
    Indy is absolutely, perfectly, ideal for him, too. 
    :rofl:
    Hahaha.  Can it, Harry!
    Classy 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Bible thumpers suck 
    Doug is the problem 
    Definitely part of the problem. If it wasn't for 2017 any other coach would be getting fired in the middle of the season.
    Definitely part of the problem. If it wasn't for 2017 any other coach would be getting fired in the middle of the season.
    Foles called Philly Philly. He definitely had some balls on some calls that year...bunch of 4th downs, but he shouldn’t get credit for that play ever 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Over/under on the number of times Aqib Talib says the word "man" during the Eagles/Cardinals game was 2,869.
    The over paid early in the 2nd quarter.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    He’s awesome 
    Poncier said:
    Over/under on the number of times Aqib Talib says the word "man" during the Eagles/Cardinals game was 2,869.
    The over paid early in the 2nd quarter.
    I was gonna to a shot every time he said it in the second quarter but I think I’d be dead by niow
    Doug is the problem 
    Is it Doug’s fault they have one healthy offensive lineman and one healthy defensive back?  That is why this team stinks,

that being said I think Pederson is an average to good coach. Nothing special like Reid is/was,  I would not fire him this year though 
    It’s Doug’s fault they were 3rd and less than 1 and he called a delayed handoff. Among the many trick plays that have gone negative 
    BTW that's two weeks in a row in the 20s, after going over a month not breaking out of the teens.
    edited December 2020
    And another mind numbingly stupid decision by your coach to take a PAT off the board and go for 2, now down 6 instead of 5. No chart anywhere says go for 2 when you just scored to get within 6.
    Down 5 you win with 2 FGs, down 6 you only go to OT.
    Down 5 you are still in a one possession game if your opponent kicks a FG. Down 6 you end up down 2 scores if that happens.
    I'd have fired him right then and there. 
    He’s awesome 
    His football insight is quite good, and he's fun to listen to.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    edited December 2020
    Poncier said:
    He’s awesome 
    His football insight is quite good, and he's fun to listen to.

he's annoying. Go Eagles!

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Poncier said:
    And another mind numbingly stupid decision by your coach to take a PAT off the board and go for 2, now down 6 instead of 5. No chart anywhere says go for 2 when you just scored to get within 6.
    Down 5 you win with 2 FGs, down 6 you only go to OT.
    Down 5 you are still in a one possession game if your opponent kicks a FG. Down 6 you end up down 2 scores if that happens.
    I'd have fired him right then and there. 
    And then when you score, you'd be up 27-26 (and then smart to go for 2) and a botched PAT snap wouldn't leave you tied.