PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Yeah, apparently a little while back a buddy of mine who follows, like, everything said there might be legitimacy to this. I didn't really buy any of it because I didn't think he'd want just a GM spot, it'd have to be more than he had in Boston or Chicago. And I'm thinking that now makes perfect sense and MacPhail transitions out, while Klentak stays under Theo. Theo I think becomes President/GM/whatever all rolled into one.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    lol....I think I have a better shot at getting with Margot Robbie.
    So wait, you don't think it could happen? Like, what would be unrealistic in this?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    So wait, you don't think it could happen? Like, what would be unrealistic in this?
    Cliffy banging Margot Robbie?
    I mean.....well......

:lol:.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Cliffy banging Margot Robbie?
    I mean.....well......

:lol:.  
    Hey, I'm sure she's had sex with worse!
    No. His next title is going to be CEO. I don't see that happening.  He's not going from running baseball ops for the Red Sox and Cubs to the a similar position with the Phillies.

Would love to see it happen...not happening.
    No. His next title is going to be CEO. I don't see that happening.  He's not going from running baseball ops for the Red Sox and Cubs to the a similar position with the Phillies.

That's what I'm saying. I could absolutely see Middleton giving him a stake in the team and/or whatever the fuck he wants. I don't think that's out of the question.

That's what I'm saying. I could absolutely see Middleton giving him a stake in the team and/or whatever the fuck he wants. I don't think that's out of the question.
    I have a tough time seeing it, would take Middleton stepping back a bit and them doing the opposite of tightening the strings, like they've been talking about.  Would be sweet.

I think there's less of a chance at the Mets.  Definitely more attractive given the new owner and all, but he's not reporting to Sandy.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

I have a tough time seeing it, would take Middleton stepping back a bit and them doing the opposite of tightening the strings, like they've been talking about.  Would be sweet.

I think there's less of a chance at the Mets.  Definitely more attractive given the new owner and all, but he's not reporting to Sandy.
    Other than becoming PJ's new manager, and if gets back into baseball what other teams would be possible?  Don't see him going small market. Don't see the Yankees giving him what he wants.  Most reports are the most likely teams are Mets and Phils.  The question becomes will either of those teams wait a year. I think the Phils would.  Middleton doesn't want to spend this year so a scenario where he waits a year for Epstein and we get Covid better controlled sets up perfect timing for the Phils and Epstein to come together.

Just saying Margot Robbie may be slumming it in a year or two :)
    Steer clear of downtown...chef's kiss for the speakers attending via video...

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Make Freedom Contagious
    :lol:

Idiots.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Steer clear of downtown...chef's kiss for the speakers attending via video...

I'd love to know what these idiots think is a way to get back to some semblance of normalcy if we don't take precautions and vaccines.  Between Trump and Covid we have sadly seen how dumb and/or ignorant people in this country can be.   It's sad really.
    Super sad. I guess always gave our collective minds too much credit, not anymore though...

Best phrase I've seen on any civil liberties-type person re: this was to the affect of, "Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn't independence, it's adolescence."
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited December 2020
    My wife emailed my family yesterday to say we cannot have xmas at our house with them this year. Later in the day I saw a story about how Pompeo will be having an xmas party, indoors, for the state dept with 130 guests. These fucking irresponsible pricks have blood on their hands and they don't care. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Philly boxing on pay per view tonight. Solid underdog but headlining ppv

I wouldn't say he is a fraud.  I mean they are possibly looking at another season with no fans or at least half a season at best with fans. Part of me wants to rip them for shredding salary but on the other hand I understand we are in a once in a lifetime the situation.   I honestly don't think anything in these times is black and white anymore because you can't assume when or if those revenues are coming back.  
    Unreal. I guess this shows they're not signing JT.
    They're loss was less than their payroll for this past year btw. Infuriating. 
    pjhawks said:
    I wouldn't say he is a fraud.  I mean they are possibly looking at another season with no fans or at least half a season at best with fans. Part of me wants to rip them for shredding salary but on the other hand I understand we are in a once in a lifetime the situation.   I honestly don't think anything in these times is black and white anymore because you can't assume when or if those revenues are coming back.  
    If this is true, he’s a fraud. Also..not open to trading harper “yet”.

Phillies are taking over the crying poor mantle from Boston 
    What makes me mad is none of this is unique to the Phillies. Everyone's dealing with it. If they were able to trade Wheeler and unload all of the salary, fine but a) that's not gonna happen b) they'll concede to paying part of the salary so that they can get "premium" prospects, which we know aren't a thing they're good at evaluating. So at the end of the day, keep the fucking player. Hard to judge in the middle of a pandemic, but this is ridiculous - Middleton is starting to look like the opposite of what I thought he was.

Also, I was just reading that the league is suing their insurance companies. Good luck with that idiots.
    For what it’s worth, he says it’s not true...but agreed
    Yeah, ok, so this the expected, proper response here, but where there's smoke there's fire:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30463780/philadelphia-phillies-executive-says-no-trade-talks-happening-zack-wheeler
    I meeeean, if you could get babe Ruth and Ted Williams for wheeler, I feel like you kinda have to do it 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Man, just heard that Dick Allen has passed away.

RIP Dick Allen
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    God damn it. Fuck this year. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    ^^^Yeah, man.^^^

Such a shame he's gone because it seems like he's going to be inducted to the HOF. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Just saw that John Smallwood died, that's a shame - seemed like a really good dude.