Options

No Kill, Lab Grown Meat. Will you eat it?

13»

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes.
    Sorry to be pedantic but, I have to be lol
    It isn't blood on the plate, it's water and a protein called myoglobin.  Blood is easier to say though, for sure.

Regarding the meme that started the rare steak tangent...it's hard to explain the difference, but meat takes on a completely different texture and consistency when it's chilled and aged.  A bite straight from the cow wouldn't be enjoyable even for lovers of the rarest meat, it would be a quivering, gelatinously chewy experience. 👍
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    It isn't blood on the plate, it's water and a protein called myoglobin.  Blood is easier to say though, for sure.

Regarding the meme that started the rare steak tangent...it's hard to explain the difference, but meat takes on a completely different texture and consistency when it's chilled and aged.  A bite straight from the cow wouldn't be enjoyable even for lovers of the rarest meat, it would be a quivering, gelatinously chewy experience. 👍
    But for lions and tigers and other natural beasts, from which we’ve evolved. Don’t know until you’ve tried it. Just ask homeless, whacked Out khat chew your face off Flo Rida guy.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Yes.
    rgambs said:

But for lions and tigers and other natural beasts, from which we’ve evolved. Don’t know until you’ve tried it. Just ask homeless, whacked Out khat chew your face off Flo Rida guy.
    Ummmm....

Is this the right time to explain that humans didn’t evolve from lions and tigers? :lol: 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    rgambs said:

Ummmm....

Is this the right time to explain that humans didn’t evolve from lions and tigers? :lol: 

chimps WILL  bite your face though
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,681
    edited December 2020
    I'm like the cowboys in old west times.  I take me a slab of raw beef 'n put it between m' saddle and the horse fer a week or two.  Gawwwwwwd damn, that good eatin'!  Yeeeee Haaaaaaaaaw!

Patrick Stewarts Crazy Cowboy Album Advert
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Yes.
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:

Ummmm....

chimps WILL  bite your face though
    So will mosquitoes, but we didn’t evolve from
    them either. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited December 2020
    No, and I am a non-meat eater.
    I quit eating meet after watching Sir David Attenborough’s Witness Statement. Eating a plant-based diet was one of the solutions he suggested to save the planet. 
    I haven’t missed eating meat at all and have no desire to eat lab-created meat. However, if it is better for the planet and assists humanity live with nature as opposed to apart from nature I am all for it. 

• Options
    F@ck no.
    I recently  started eating  some steaks . Rare as fuck is the only  way for me. Soft and buttery. Thats me though.  Each to thier own. Im doing 1 meal a day .  Hard  work 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    F@ck no.
    rgambs said:

gambs likes to be pedantic. 

don't be a gambs. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    F@ck no.
    I actually found that explanation fascinating. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    F@ck no.
    hedonist said:
    I actually found that explanation fascinating. 
    Twas a joke, dawlin'. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,468
    edited December 2020
    Yes.
    Fascinating, sure. The boy has smarts. But the liquid plasma (plus salt) is only half of bloods' constituents.

The solid part has red and white blood cells, and platelets. Red carries oxygen.

The white (wbc) are important in the immune system. They have fighter T cells that kill and are often low in persons with HIV.  Helper T cells to activate T and B cells. B cells produce antibodies.

Both B and T cells make memory cells, some stored in the marrow, to fight off a reoccurring virus.

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14