I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643

What store had Painted Shield and Puscifer??
  • Recordland. I was 2nd in line. They had one copy of Painted Shield and 2 Puscifer 45’s. 
    Was happy when the guy in front of me bee-lined for the Tron Soundtrack. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    edited November 2020

Got the U2 Black Friday release. But picked up a few others while I was there. This is “I am bummed I couldn’t go home for Thanksgiving retail therapy”. 

Walked to four different record stores. None of them even got in Painted Shield. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited November 2020
    GlowGirl said:

Got the U2 Black Friday release. But picked up a few others while I was there. This is “I am bummed I couldn’t go home for Thanksgiving retail therapy”. 

Walked to four different record stores. None of them even got in Painted Shield. 

Is that U2 a re-issue of the original Boy album?  That's one of my favorite debut albums! 
    A nice batch of LP's you got there covering a lot of bases! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

Is that U2 a re-issue of the original Boy album?  That's one of my favorite debut albums! 
    The U2 is the 40th anniversary edition of the original album for RSD. It is on white vinyl. I love that album as well. I only have it on CD, so looking forward to spinning this.

• pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Found a copy of Painted Shield on discogs for $30 so I was happy about that.  
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Painted Shield (thanks @kasedoug !!) RSD
    Elliott Smith RSD Alternate Takes
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    My first VH vinyl.  I had always considered Fair Warning to be my favorite, but have been listening to WACF a lot since EVH’s passing.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

The U2 is the 40th anniversary edition of the original album for RSD. It is on white vinyl. I love that album as well. I only have it on CD, so looking forward to spinning this.

Nice!  That's still my favorite U2 album.  Classic!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

GlowGirl said:

OOOH!  Bonus tracks!

This is my second vinyl delivery today. I love this one. 
    GlowGirl said:

I love this album. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022

Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:

I love this album. 
    I got to see the Stone Roses live in 2016 when they did a small reunion tour. It was at MSG. I think it was one of their few stops in the U.S. I never thought I would get to see them live. It was an amazing show. John Squire was great. 
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:

I love this album. 
    I got to see the Stone Roses live in 2016 when they did a small reunion tour. It was at MSG. I think it was one of their few stops in the U.S. I never thought I would get to see them live. It was an amazing show. John Squire was great. 
    I think I saw some of this on youtube. Such an underrated guitarist and one of my top albums of all time. It is a front to back classic for sure. Love the guitar tone throughout with his use of flanger being especially creative but the whole band really shines. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    GlowGirl said:

Listened to a lot of the Stone Roses over the weekend. As well as the Jesus and Mary Chain. Both great bands.

Purple Ten and Silver Nirvana. I had neither of these on vinyl in any format. I have one more coming - I preordered White Stripes Greatest Hits. Then I really need to stop for a while - so I say 😚
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Burning a hole in your pocket!

3 great records.  Been a while since I spun Rumors....will do that soon.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited December 2020
    Burning a hole in your pocket!

3 great records.  Been a while since I spun Rumors....will do that soon.
    Since last Saturday, I bought 11 albums. I am outta control B)

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited December 2020
    GlowGirl said:

Purple Ten and Silver Nirvana. I had neither of these on vinyl in any format. I have one more coming - I preordered White Stripes Greatest Hits. Then I really need to stop for a while - so I say 😚
    The Nirvana sounds GREAT, they're a repress of the same plates that I have on my 2010 ORG blue vinyl pressing. So, yours should sound just as good. If you know what to look for, you can get some REALLY good pressings as represses.

If you happen to get a repress of the Kevin Gray Rumours cut, you hit the jackpot with those records.
  • GlowGirl said:

That Misfits album a bootleg?  I've never seen that one.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    My store by me posts tons of bootlegs. I'm don't feel good about that, but whatever he has to do to stay open I guess. 
    GlowGirl said:

That Misfits album a bootleg?  I've never seen that one.
    I think it must be. I just saw it in my record store and it looked interesting.

edited December 2020
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:

The Nirvana sounds GREAT, they're a repress of the same plates that I have on my 2010 ORG blue vinyl pressing. So, yours should sound just as good. If you know what to look for, you can get some REALLY good pressings as represses.

If you happen to get a repress of the Kevin Gray Rumours cut, you hit the jackpot with those records.
    How can I tell if it is a repress of the Kevin Gray. The one I have says 2009 Germany. Does that give you any information?

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399

My pick-ups over the past month:
    Boston - S/T (blue vinyl repress)
    Coltrane - Ballads (Acoustic Sound Series)
    Grant Green - Alive (Blue Note 80 Series)
    Taylor Swift - Folklore (Red Vinyl)
    Pearl Jam - Ten (Purple Vinyl)
    Drive By Truckers - The Dirty South (Clear/Blue Splatter repress)
    The War on Drugs - Live Drugs (gold vinyl, Newbury release)

The War on Drugs album is awesome. Also Boston S/T is one of the greatest records ever recorded in human history. Do not attempt to tell me otherwise.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    GlowGirl said:
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:

How can I tell if it is a repress of the Kevin Gray. The one I have says 2009 Germany. Does that give you any information?

I would need the runout information (the engravings on the inside dead wax) to be able to tell.
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:

I would need the runout information (the engravings on the inside dead wax) to be able to tell.
    It’s too hard to read. Is there something particular to look for. Maybe I could make it out. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    GlowGirl said:
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:

It’s too hard to read. Is there something particular to look for. Maybe I could make it out. 

rabbit hole opening........
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14