Fox News

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:
    focksnooze is about as anti-american, racist, and xenophobic as you can get.
    Just like the puppet they have in the white house.
    The lying, racist, xenophobic piece-of-shit-in-chief 

Now imagine their viewers and his supporters
    Another prime example of bigotry and hatred right here. Does it makes you feel better to put people into groups and then call them names? This is not what America needs. If you want to change America, then be the change. This is just more of the same hatred that divides us all.

Minor League FOX News just finished the 224th consecutive month of being the most watched cable news network in prime time and total day but who's counting? It must be all of us anti-american racists.
    I don't feel " better" about it but I'm good with it.
    Because if you support a racist or racist policies, or even watch a tv station with a racist agenda i.e. fucker tarlson, in any way shape or form, including voting, that makes you a racist as well.

I'm also guessing that If you added up MSNBC and CNN and the broadcast networks nightly news ratings they would total higher than racist r us.
    i disagree with this. this makes 60 million people racist. which i don't buy. it's more about your priorities as a voter. some put race relations at the top, some put right to life at the top, some put healthcare, some put infrastructure or the economy. just because someone doesn't hold race relations at the top, and votes for the candidate that may be racist but also represents a different core tenet of their political self interest, that doesn't make them a racist. 

has justin trudeau worn blackface on more than one occasion? yes. does that mean he's a racist. some say yes. does that make me a racist because i voted for him twice? i don't think so. 
    Did you vote for him after you knew he wore blackface? And as a follow up we’re you ok that he wore blackface?
    i did. for one, I wasn't going to vote for scheer. for two, voting for singh was a throwaway (normally I don't care about that, I always vote for whom I want to vote for regardless if it's a "third party" vote, but the stakes were too high on this one in my opinion). for three, i think he did it out of ignorance and not out of being a racist. why do i give him a pass? because i honestly didn't know it was a racist thing until this all blew up. i've never done it, but it honestly never crossed my mind that it would be an issue. 
    It blows my mind that some people didn’t know blackface was racist... I’m not a kid that grew up in pc culture.  I grew up in the 80’s and 90’s and knew that shit was bad just like the black lawn ornaments and old cartoons with the Red lips etc.  I grew up in the middle of nowhere in a largely white rural area  and there wasn’t exactly a source of info to tell me that stuff was wrong either. So who knows maybe some people didn’t know it was bad for 100s of years....

as for voting I’m not Canadian so it’s none of my business.  It gives me pause that it seems like the only reason we vote for anyone these days in any country is because the alternative is worse.  Clearly there is something wrong at the root of this kind of system. I can’t imagine that this whole but the alternative is a disaster business is going to help us make any progress.
    old cartoons with red lips?

it probably didn't cross my mind as bad because i don't recall even knowing it existed. if i had seen videos of white people wearing blackface acting in certain ways, of course i would have figured it out on my own. but putting on black makeup for halloween and putting on a bunch of chains so you'll look like Mr T from the A Team? Fuck no. I never saw anyone do it, but if I did, I can't see why I'd bat an eye. as a kid, it would have just been part of the costume. no different than if you would have bought the costume and it came with a brown mask. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:

Another prime example of bigotry and hatred right here. Does it makes you feel better to put people into groups and then call them names? This is not what America needs. If you want to change America, then be the change. This is just more of the same hatred that divides us all.

Minor League FOX News just finished the 224th consecutive month of being the most watched cable news network in prime time and total day but who's counting? It must be all of us anti-american racists.
    Because if you support a racist or racist policies, or even watch a tv station with a racist agenda i.e. fucker tarlson, in any way shape or form, including voting, that makes you a racist as well.

I'm also guessing that If you added up MSNBC and CNN and the broadcast networks nightly news ratings they would total higher than racist r us.
    i disagree with this. this makes 60 million people racist. which i don't buy. it's more about your priorities as a voter. some put race relations at the top, some put right to life at the top, some put healthcare, some put infrastructure or the economy. just because someone doesn't hold race relations at the top, and votes for the candidate that may be racist but also represents a different core tenet of their political self interest, that doesn't make them a racist. 

has justin trudeau worn blackface on more than one occasion? yes. does that mean he's a racist. some say yes. does that make me a racist because i voted for him twice? i don't think so. 
    Did you vote for him after you knew he wore blackface? And as a follow up we’re you ok that he wore blackface?
    i did. for one, I wasn't going to vote for scheer. for two, voting for singh was a throwaway (normally I don't care about that, I always vote for whom I want to vote for regardless if it's a "third party" vote, but the stakes were too high on this one in my opinion). for three, i think he did it out of ignorance and not out of being a racist. why do i give him a pass? because i honestly didn't know it was a racist thing until this all blew up. i've never done it, but it honestly never crossed my mind that it would be an issue. 
    It blows my mind that some people didn’t know blackface was racist... I’m not a kid that grew up in pc culture.  I grew up in the 80’s and 90’s and knew that shit was bad just like the black lawn ornaments and old cartoons with the Red lips etc.  I grew up in the middle of nowhere in a largely white rural area  and there wasn’t exactly a source of info to tell me that stuff was wrong either. So who knows maybe some people didn’t know it was bad for 100s of years....

as for voting I’m not Canadian so it’s none of my business.  It gives me pause that it seems like the only reason we vote for anyone these days in any country is because the alternative is worse.  Clearly there is something wrong at the root of this kind of system. I can’t imagine that this whole but the alternative is a disaster business is going to help us make any progress.

it probably didn't cross my mind as bad because i don't recall even knowing it existed. if i had seen videos of white people wearing blackface acting in certain ways, of course i would have figured it out on my own. but putting on black makeup for halloween and putting on a bunch of chains so you'll look like Mr T from the A Team? Fuck no. I never saw anyone do it, but if I did, I can't see why I'd bat an eye. as a kid, it would have just been part of the costume. no different than if you would have bought the costume and it came with a brown mask. 
    I’m sure that Canada’s history with this stuff is much different in the USA.  There used to be horrible old cartoons here used to sell things or generally humiliate African Americans wherein everyone had jet black skin and big red lips.  Truly revolting stuff.  We also had traveling blackface ministerial shows that were very popular among the whites because they lampooned African Americans also truly sick stuff. I’m guessing that there wasn’t that history in Canada and that likely made it not seem as big of a deal...as far as the other point, it’s pathetic we have to vote for weak terrible politicians because the alternatives are so bad.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:

I’m sure that Canada’s history with this stuff is much different in the USA.  There used to be horrible old cartoons here used to sell things or generally humiliate African Americans wherein everyone had jet black skin and big red lips.  Truly revolting stuff.  We also had traveling blackface ministerial shows that were very popular among the whites because they lampooned African Americans also truly sick stuff. I’m guessing that there wasn’t that history in Canada and that likely made it not seem as big of a deal...as far as the other point, it’s pathetic we have to vote for weak terrible politicians because the alternatives are so bad.
    jesus. again, i didn't know any of that existed. see, you said that you figured this out all on your own, but you clearly had context I didn't have. 

we have racism just like the US. our treatment of aboriginals in this country is abhorrent. 

I don't think trudeau is weak. he has made some bad calls, obviously has scandals, but overall I think he is a truly good guy and a good leader, if a tad naive at times (many conservatives call him corrupt and a "wannabe dictator", which i find hilarious). I think he did a great job with covid 19. I like his "stereotypical canadian" views on helping refugees. i probably would have voted for him regardless of the conservative candidate; but I have voted all 5 parties in the past; i'm not beholden to one party. I liked singh until I realized he's just a virtue signalling opportunist. maybe the next election will be different. but I do understand your point. it often seems to be "ok, I don't hate this guy". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:

jesus. again, i didn't know any of that existed. see, you said that you figured this out all on your own, but you clearly had context I didn't have. 

we have racism just like the US. our treatment of aboriginals in this country is abhorrent. 

I don't think trudeau is weak. he has made some bad calls, obviously has scandals, but overall I think he is a truly good guy and a good leader, if a tad naive at times (many conservatives call him corrupt and a "wannabe dictator", which i find hilarious). I think he did a great job with covid 19. I like his "stereotypical canadian" views on helping refugees. i probably would have voted for him regardless of the conservative candidate; but I have voted all 5 parties in the past; i'm not beholden to one party. I liked singh until I realized he's just a virtue signalling opportunist. maybe the next election will be different. but I do understand your point. it often seems to be "ok, I don't hate this guy". 
    It’s pretty terrible all of the stuff the world doesn’t know about the racism in the USA...

Its nice to hear that even with failings you see Trudeau as doing a good job overall.  
    Scio me nihil scire

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited September 2020
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:

I'm with you on this one. I don't see it as racist if someone was dressing up as a certain character for a costume party from decades ago. I wouldn't have thought twice about dressing as Mr. T as you put it at a college party 20 years ago. I wouldn't do it now, but 20 years ago people wouldn't have seen someone dressed as Mr T (or Aladdin as the case with Trudeau) and thought back to the images Static described. I think there's a big difference between painting someone with jet black skin and giant red lips, and dressing like a character you like. 
    If I had 3 friends who wanted to dress up as the A-Team in college for a party, no one I knew would have said that's racist 20 years ago to whoever was B.A. Barabus. We'd probably paper-rock-scissors to see who got to be him, he was the coolest.
    The fact these pictures are coming out for different people from yearbooks from 20, 30, 40 years ago also to me suggests no one thought twice about it back then. I doubt they'd do it now.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    no one gave two shits about Tropic Thunder when Robert Downey Jr wore blackface in 2008. Jesus, he was nominated for best supporting actor for it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:

It’s pretty terrible all of the stuff the world doesn’t know about the racism in the USA...

Its nice to hear that even with failings you see Trudeau as doing a good job overall.  
    Maybe instead of taking the word of 1 Canadian...do your own research.  

Mine is just 1 opinion.  He has been convicted twice by the ethics commissioner and is currently embroiled in another scandal with the WE charity in which the charity was handed 1 billion to administer a government program which never happened because the WE charity turned out to be crooked...no one can confirm if the billion was ever returned...and the WE Charity is in the process of selling all Canadian assets and bugging out of 🇨🇦.  The WE Charity scandal is also under investigation by the ethics commissioner and a conviction is likely, making that 3 convictions.

The PM had 3 separate photos surface of blackface a year ago.

All the PM did during the pandemic was spend money.  The premiers of the provinces were the true leaders...lead by Canada’s most popular premier Doug Ford a conservative.

Don’t believe me...do your own research.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:

Mine is just 1 opinion.  He has been convicted twice by the ethics commissioner and is currently embroiled in another scandal with the WE charity in which the charity was handed 1 billion to administer a government program which never happened because the WE charity turned out to be crooked...no one can confirm if the billion was ever returned...and the WE Charity is in the process of selling all Canadian assets and bugging out of 🇨🇦.  The WE Charity scandal is also under investigation by the ethics commissioner and a conviction is likely, making that 3 convictions.

All the PM did during the pandemic was spend money.  The premiers of the provinces were the true leaders...lead by Canada’s most popular premier Doug Ford a conservative.

So you think Trudeau isn’t doing a good job?  Thanks for the input, I’m glad that you would prefer another candidate, that’s politics.
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:

So you think Trudeau isn’t doing a good job?  Thanks for the input, I’m glad that you would prefer another candidate, that’s politics.
    what he meant to say was "don't take the opinion of one canadian that doesn't share my hatred of trudeau, except for that two week period where i loved him". LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    Do I dislike Fox New?  Faux show.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    LMAO
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    brianlux said:

Reminds of a dumb joke I like.

Why does Snoop Dawg carry an umbrella?

Fo Drizzle
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    seriously, Fox needs to be declared a terrorist organization.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    on my news feed, I see a Faux headline (paraphrasing) “Fauci condemns Trump super spreader rallies; silent on Biden celebrations.”

uh....hello? one was organized and sanctioned by the (POS) POTUS; the others were spontaneous; not endorsed or sanctioned by anyone.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    cutz said:

big. fucking. shocker.

kinda like their SCOTUS thinking.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    no one gave two shits about Tropic Thunder when Robert Downey Jr wore blackface in 2008. Jesus, he was nominated for best supporting actor for it. 
    That's not really a good example, his use of blackface was satirical, it directly called attention to the problematic nature of blackface by making direct jokes about how inappropriate it is...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    That's not really a good example, his use of blackface was satirical, it directly called attention to the problematic nature of blackface by making direct jokes about how inappropriate it is...
    come on gambs, you've obviously got a lot of catching up to do. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625

Gotta be something good he is bypassing the courts and bringing it straight to Hannity! 
    PJNB said:

Gotta be something good he is bypassing the courts and bringing it straight to Hannity! 
    Is there not someone that can stop all this bullshit.  For a guy that ran on the slogan no more bullshit, he sure has a lot
    Scio me nihil scire

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    static111 said:
    PJNB said:

Is there not someone that can stop all this bullshit.  For a guy that ran on the slogan no more bullshit, he sure has a lot
    When the liar-in-chief says black you know its white.
    When he's says go left you know to go right.
    When he says something is down you better look up.
  • static111 said:
    PJNB said:

Something, other than someone, called reality.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    static111 said:
    PJNB said:

Would work if he wasn’t living in alternative reality with alternative facts
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    static111 said:
    PJNB said:

Everyone knows that reality has a clear liberal bias. 
    Along with data, facts, numbers, and the weather. 
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    PJNB said:

Everyone knows this?
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    PJNB said:

Everyone knows this?
    Everyone who thinks there is a liberal conspiracy to steal the white house from gods gift
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    PJNB said:

Gotta be something good he is bypassing the courts and bringing it straight to Hannity! ! 
    If it's the kind of evidence that you can't take to a Court, then it's no evidence at all. He thinks his followers are stupid but he *knows* the Court isn't. 
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Kat said:
    PJNB said:

Gotta be something good he is bypassing the courts and bringing it straight to Hannity! ! 
    If it's the kind of evidence that you can't take to a Court, then it's no evidence at all. He thinks his followers are stupid but he *knows* the Court isn't. 
    exactly. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD