Tomorrows the 10th

Comments

• tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    I get that it’s already available digitally but so is the Benaroya show.  But people rave about how amazing it is on vinyl.  Why wouldn’t this show be just as amazing to hear on vinyl? 

We all want unreleased stuff out of the vault.  But if I’m a die hard vinyl guy I’m excited about this show either way. 
    A Vault release should be something that's not officially released, no matter the format, not a show that's available in the Shop. Then again, if they release a show that's never been released but is incomplete because of complications with taping in 1991, everyone get's mad about that too.
    I don’t disagree.  But maybe they should do two types of releases.  One of unreleased stuff and another where they just put classic shows on vinyl regardless of if it’s been released already. 
    I've always though this. Would love more classic shows on vinyl as well as the vaults. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    I'm always in for the vault, even if its a show we already have freshly mixed for wax.  

With that being said, heres to hoping for London, Ontario 2013 for Vault #11
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • tino_11 said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    I get that it’s already available digitally but so is the Benaroya show.  But people rave about how amazing it is on vinyl.  Why wouldn’t this show be just as amazing to hear on vinyl? 

We all want unreleased stuff out of the vault.  But if I’m a die hard vinyl guy I’m excited about this show either way. 
    A Vault release should be something that's not officially released, no matter the format, not a show that's available in the Shop. Then again, if they release a show that's never been released but is incomplete because of complications with taping in 1991, everyone get's mad about that too.
    I don’t disagree.  But maybe they should do two types of releases.  One of unreleased stuff and another where they just put classic shows on vinyl regardless of if it’s been released already. 
    I've always though this. Would love more classic shows on vinyl as well as the vaults. 
    Yes, I've always wondered what happened to the 'Instant Classic" show idea that was a one off with Missoula 2012.  Maybe drop the "Instant" and just release the occasional awesome show on vinyl that is available in other formats and save the Vault series for what it should be...shows that aren't already available or only in poor audience quality. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    I'm always in for the vault, even if its a show we already have freshly mixed for wax.  

By year how these have rolled out, that probably won't happen.  They probably jump back to the 1993-1998 range next go round.

Vault 1 - 1992
    Vault 2 - 2007
    Vault 3 - 1998
    Vault 4 - 2000
    Vault 5 - 1993
    Vault 6 - 1998
    Vault 7 - 1995
    Vault 8 - 2005
    Vault 9 - 1993
    Vault 10 - 2014

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    No Code live on vinyl?!?  I like the choice. Love that we will get Eruption on vinyl as well!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PB11041 said:
    i guess it depends who chooses the vault. if it's the band, maybe they feel awkward choosing show after show where matt isn't the drummer.
    That would not really jive

Vault 1 - Dave A
    Vault 2 - Matt
    Vault 3 - Matt
    Vault 4 - Matt
    Vault 5 - Dave A
    Vault 6 - Matt
    Vault 7 - Jack
    Vault 8 - Matt
    Vault 9 - Dave A
    Vault 10 - Matt
    my wording was poor. i wasn't insinuating that matt wasn't in the minority of vaults. i just meant they probably want to make sure he never gest there, because let's be honest, most people want vaults that are all pre-matt. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• I'm always in for the vault, even if its a show we already have freshly mixed for wax.  

Great show
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Hobbes said:
    They didn't announce who won the contest from last month. Also no contest this month?
    Enter now for your chance to win a Pearl Jam “No Tour” 2020 Tour Poster Set

Congrats to Chad S. for winning a Pearl Jam Mask Bundle! 

oh i figured out what happened. I was reading it through my e-mail and it didn't show the entire message (had to click on the link to read the whole thing) D'oh!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Hobbes said:
    They didn't announce who won the contest from last month. Also no contest this month?
    Enter now for your chance to win a Pearl Jam “No Tour” 2020 Tour Poster Set

Congrats to Chad S. for winning a Pearl Jam Mask Bundle! 

oh i figured out what happened. I was reading it through my e-mail and it didn't show the entire message (had to click on the link to read the whole thing) D'oh!
    yeah, gmail "clips" my message from 10c every month. I have to "unclip" it to see the contest and winner. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
     =) 
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    demetrios said:
     =) 
    Wow...the last 30 days passed by so fast. hard to believe the 10th is tomorrow...
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Maybe tomorrow @Santos L. Halper will give us an update whether there will be anything done about the high shipping costs from the Euro Store for Vault 10.
  • DeanoDeano Posts: 179
    Or maybe an update on the holiday singles...  ;) (ducks and runs for cover)
    Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006
    O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009
    Hyde Park - Jun 25, 2010
    Manchester - #1 & #2, 2012
    EV: London #1 & #2 2012
    Leeds - July 8, 2014
    Milton Keynes - July 11, 2014
    EV: London - #1 & #2, 2017
    O2 Arena - June 18, 2018
    O2 Arena - June 19, 2018
    O2 Arena - July 17, 2018
    Hyde Park - July 10, 2020
    Hyde Park - #1 & #2, 2021 (hopefully!)
  • ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    Deano said:
    Maybe they'll be announcing new merch for the folks over in that thread  =)

1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    Clapper said:
    Deano said:
    Maybe they'll be announcing new merch for the folks over in that thread  =)

...and some statues for those not bothered

• JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    Stickers and Pins will be released... congratulations to everyone involved in the pledge to vote initiative... order your voter shirt.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    badges not pins right?
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601
    I think badges are pins. Description is 1inch. So I think they are pins. A badge made me think of a patch. Pretty sure it's a pin.
    Loujoe said:
    I think badges are pins. Description is 1inch. So I think they are pins. A badge made me think of a patch. Pretty sure it's a pin.
    Looks like your right. I thought badge was patch as well.
    Lets just hope it has the incorrect show date like the pic. DOH
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601
    Good eye^^
  • RS65573 said:
    Lets just hope it has the incorrect show date like the pic. DOH
    Just upped the value of the "error" pin....shhhh....keep it quiet and we could corner the market....
    so with the election over, that means covid is gone, right, so we can get a tour?

I keed...I keed....
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    With the vaccine coming, I am more hopeful for the ability for a Fall tour next year. 
    If the show was the 12th, we'd have probably gotten to go! :)
    And maybe caught covid. :(
    With the vaccine coming, I am more hopeful for the ability for a Fall tour next year. 
    they won't be able to schedule it that early with any certainty. fauci and others have said that even if we get a good vaccine by end of 2020, getting everyone vaccinated will take months, likely to the end of 2021. 

and that's not even talking about the anti-vaxxers that are surely going to put a massive wrench into the efficacy of it long term. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I think spring 2022 is what is more likely. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    they won't be able to schedule it that early with any certainty. fauci and others have said that even if we get a good vaccine by end of 2020, getting everyone vaccinated will take months, likely to the end of 2021. 

and that's not even talking about the anti-vaxxers that are surely going to put a massive wrench into the efficacy of it long term. 
    True, but we could see that certain things only get opened to people who can show proof of having had the vaccine.   If I had a vaccine I'd go to a show, but I wouldn't if I didn't.   I suppose in regards to the live events, is will there be enough vaccinated people to fill up an arena/stadium.  You are correct that only so much of the population would be vaccinated by next summer.  Manufacturing will be the next hurdle.
    edited November 2020
    Zod said:

True, but we could see that certain things only get opened to people who can show proof of having had the vaccine.   If I had a vaccine I'd go to a show, but I wouldn't if I didn't.   I suppose in regards to the live events, is will there be enough vaccinated people to fill up an arena/stadium.  You are correct that only so much of the population would be vaccinated by next summer.  Manufacturing will be the next hurdle.
    50 million doses globally by end of this year, 1.3 billion by end of next. that's the amount for the whole planet, and divide that into two, as it is a two dose vaccine. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Zod said:

50 million doses globally by end of this year, 1.3 billion by end of next. that's the amount for the whole planet, and divide that into two, as it is a two dose vaccine. 
    I think there will be other vaccines too though.  Fall 2021 would be a reasonable thing to shoot for.  Granted, it is not guaranteed.  Summer in Europe seems less likely, but hey, that’s still 7+ months away.  Maybe there’s a chance.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023