Things that represent the year 2020

Comments

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,393
    Great ^!

Now we just need to hire Ryan Reynolds n his wife for ads saying, "I have safe six, do you?"

Pipsqueak asks, "How do they have smiles on their faces?"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    tish said:

Pipsqueak asks, "How do they have smiles on their faces?"

Haha!  I love it.  Too cute!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Dammit! I could have dressed up as a syringe of injectable sunlight and you could have been a glass of bleach.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • hedonist said:
    RIP Bob.

But damn, that made me laugh. 
    Bob Geldof isnt dead
  • hedonist said:
    RIP Bob.

But damn, that made me laugh. 
    Bob Geldof isnt dead
    It was his ex-wife Paula Yates who died just after she was with Michael Hutchence who also died. I think one of their daughters passed away too or turned to drugs or something like that.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)

tish said:

This is great!  Positivity!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I wonder if I’ll ever lose this newfound and somewhat startling nostalgia for not-too-long-ago times.

Ambling around a shop, trying on clothes (or shoes, or glasses), attending shows, casual visits and get-togethers, all of these things I simply took for granted. Even a tight elevator! And I’m somewhat claustrophobic...

I tend to not prefer the company of most people, but ironically, I miss being around them. Human energy, uncovered smiles.

There’s this sense of solitude. Not loneliness, but separation. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    hedonist said:
    I wonder if I’ll ever lose this newfound and somewhat startling nostalgia for not-too-long-ago times.

Ambling around a shop, trying on clothes (or shoes, or glasses), attending shows, casual visits and get-togethers, all of these things I simply took for granted. Even a tight elevator! And I’m somewhat claustrophobic...

I tend to not prefer the company of most people, but ironically, I miss being around them. Human energy, uncovered smiles.

Agreed. I live alone and have worked at home for many years. I don’t mind the solitude. But I used to make up for that by socializing with friends- going shopping, dinner, concerts, parties, etc. I do miss that. I will tell you I have not felt lonely during this whole time until last night - Thanksgiving. My first Thanksgiving without being at my parent’s. It did feel really lonely. But you are right. It is the human energy that has been missing. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    hedonist said:

If I happen to watch a movie or show about prior times that involves scenes of people crammed in together to clubs, restaurants, stores or really anywhere then I find myself reflexively both marvelling at the freedom and feeling anxious on their behalf. And this only eight months in. I have no idea what it will feel like if things ever go back to “normal”. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:

If I happen to watch a movie or show about prior times that involves scenes of people crammed in together to clubs, restaurants, stores or really anywhere then I find myself reflexively both marvelling at the freedom and feeling anxious on their behalf. And this only eight months in. I have no idea what it will feel like if things ever go back to “normal”. 
    Yeah, I’ve been doing the same - though not so much the anxiety part. It’s more of a pining thing for me: “I wanna go back!”

GG, I’m sorry - sometimes the kitties can do only so much! Distance (or distancing) can be so tough...missing that comfort. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377

Made this one myself...

tish said:

:lol:

^My Mom just started her day with one. Good thinking!
    tish said:
    ^My Mom just started her day with one. Good thinking!

LOL, never tired that one, although I have been known to add a shot of Baileys to my morning coffee, especially on holidays! 

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    A friend sent this to me today. With a simple I love you underneath.

Seems like I've never really listened or even cared about the song / words before . Wonderfully done by these kids.

Made me shed a few tears - I blame 2020 lol
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    edited December 2020
    https://twitter.com/electroboyusa/status/1335741656096677888?s=21
    This totally represents 2020 is that a fountain in the front of the mansion or the pool lol Kelly’s house in the 5th poorest state!ok it could be some one else’s home or one of the five or six homes she owns, but you get the gist of it all.
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    https://images.app.goo.gl/NG5FGaLfZMwgDvaN7ovoverhead view of one of her mansions the picture above supposedly belongs to Steve Harvey lol damn people are rich 
    tish said:

Uhmm yummy yummy love margaritas! 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    https://twitter.com/electroboyusa/status/1335741656096677888?s=21
    This totally represents 2020 is that a fountain in the front of the mansion or the pool lol Kelly’s house in the 5th poorest state!ok it could be some one else’s home or one of the five or six homes she owns, but you get the gist of it all.
    if that's real that's a fucking gorgeous house. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD