So how about those fan club singles *edit* THAT I FINALLY GOT!!

Comments

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited October 2020
    I didn’t purchase the livestream in protest. It’s on YouTube for free anyway. 

It is? The commercial-free, pro-shot, HD version with cameras mere feet from the band, some of which were even on the stage?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited October 2020

It is? The commercial-free, pro-shot, HD version with cameras mere feet from the band, some of which were even on the stage?
    Only the first 2 songs were on YouTube.

• I didn’t purchase the livestream in protest. It’s on YouTube for free anyway. 

The concerts on YouTube. It’s free. Looks and sounds good. And free. Who cares if it’s pro shot or has a commercial. Sounds just as good 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    if we cared only about sound, we'd just listen to the boot. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Looked fine too
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    Come on 10c / Pearl Jam: enough is enough! Please do right by your diehard fans and get us what we paid for. Make me like you again! 
  • I didn’t purchase the livestream in protest. It’s on YouTube for free anyway. 

The concerts on YouTube. It’s free. Looks and sounds good. And free. Who cares if it’s pro shot or has a commercial. Sounds just as good 
    Well, I would guess the audio from nugs is high-bitrate and in surround. Youtube is very compressed.

But if it sounds fine then it is fine obviously. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Deano said:
     Ironically I'll probably never play them...just put them away with their shame.
    Yup. This has been a great way to strip out all the fun and joy from what was once a really cool 'member benefit'.
    I don't blame anyone working at 10c - clearly the issue lies at a higher level.
    Which makes it all the more sad.

A few months ago, they said the issue was with a small local business they use. Something happened with the business, causing them to find a new company to use. Covid then happened and then things got worse from there with all the shutdowns.
    Source?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    Deano said:
    Yup. This has been a great way to strip out all the fun and joy from what was once a really cool 'member benefit'.

A few months ago, they said the issue was with a small local business they use. Something happened with the business, causing them to find a new company to use. Covid then happened and then things got worse from there with all the shutdowns.
    Source?

It was in the April newsletter.
  • ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887

Not following thru on delivering the10 Club singles after they have been paid for.

Is that a breach of contract ? 

10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    ryph raph said:

Not following thru on delivering the10 Club singles after they have been paid for.

Is that a breach of contract ? 

Have you considered looking into it with the Attorney General?  =)
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • Having a delay for something that happened in 2020 shouldn’t effect something that was paid for and promised from 2017. 
  • Deano said:

Source?

It was in the April newsletter.
    6 months ago.

• dcp3ydcp3y Louisville KY Posts: 776
    HockeyTalkter busy?  Let’s get to pressing!
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    In an instant, they could shut that all down if they wish. So protest away.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    Maybe if people stop buying stuff from the shop then maybe they will get the hint. Terrible way to treat your fans. 
    I don’t know what the life expectancy of delivering pre-paid goods is but I’d be willing to bet the club has far surpassed it. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    PB11041 said:
    They could, if they decided to become hypocrites. I don’t see that happening.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited October 2020
    PB11041 said:
    They could, if they decided to become hypocrites. I don’t see that happening.

Long-time fans remember using early BBS and IRC and all to search for trades of audience recordings.

As long as video is from the audience, I'm sure their people (and the band) have no issue with YouTube stuff. What was once a tape recorder is now a phone.

I suppose there's an argument that the band doesn't allow stuff for trade that is for sale, but this is also video. If they wanted to have the YouTube videos muted, they could. Then again, every rock band has "how to play" videos on YouTube made by fans with professional audio audible.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    Seems like the vinyl shortage excuse isn't valid since Third Man, Grateful Dead, and so many other entities are still churning out records. I'm willing to bet there are TONS of out of work stagehands that they could round up to make the fraking covers by hand if they wanted. So, at this point, there is no real excuse for these records to still be missing other than they just don't give a fuck. Which sucks to think.
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    The only thing I can think of is that they are planning on doing something special, or they want to ship them at the holidays again. 

While vinyl delays are getting bigger, we've had the DLs for 9 months or something. They should be done and out. Thats what makes me think there may be something they are trying to pull off. 
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    6 months ago they had all of the artwork and music finished. They released them as downloads. They claimed that their issue was that they were trying to work with a local company and were having issues. I highly doubt they were working with a local company to make the vinyl records. My guess is that they were having the issues of DEEP magazine printed locally. I don't know that there are any local companies that make vinyl records.

The Ten Club was not clear on where exactly the issue was and I'm sure they did this on purpose. Have the records been pressed yet? Has DEEP been printed yet? We don't know anything. The Ten Club knows something but they clearly don't see this as a big enough issue to just take care of it. With such a huge delay, they really need to go through their members lists to make sure who gets what. Before shipping, they'll need to ask us to make sure our addresses have been updated. Shipping during the holidays is a mess and will be an even bigger mess this year. I can't imagine they would want to take the risk of shipping these out and losing any through the mail.

Hopefully they are doing something special but I just don't see that happening. They've waited too long to take care of this and now I think they are trying to plan on how to get themselves out of this hole they've made. This is a huge mess they've made for themselves and it's probably going to cost them more now than it would've been to deal with it years ago.

I wonder how the 2019 DEEP is coming along?....
  • I don't see "let's make it special" being part of the plan, but who knows.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I don't see "let's make it special" being part of the plan, but who knows.
    i see that as zero chance. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• skinnyportageeskinnyportagee Texas Posts: 145
    Maybe they'll release a nice box to put them all in.
  • Maybe they'll release a nice box to put them all in.
    Let me guess. It will cost way to much - and it will not be able to get affordable to us in Europe.
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,651
    edited October 2020
    They have treated their fans like garbage. Not sure if it’s legal to take money for goods that were not delivered , any lawyers on here? Is there fines for lieing to consumers and not providing goods that were paid for 3 years ago? What is our options?

tenclub, an update would go along way. Interested in communicating anything with the people?
    Post edited by THEBIBLEISTEN on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    They have treated their fans like garbage. Not sure if it’s legal to take money for goods that were not delivered , any lawyers on here? Is there fines for lieing to consumers and not providing goods that were paid for 3 years ago? What is our options?

tenclub, an update would go along way. Interested in communicating anything with the people?
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/267256/2016-ten-club-single-legal-action#latest

Proof that at least two people can have the same ridiculous idea. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legs said:

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/267256/2016-ten-club-single-legal-action#latest

Proof that at least two people can have the same ridiculous idea. 
    It’s not ridiculous to ask a company to deliver goods that were paid for 3 years ago but never delivered. I’m not threatening any legal action , I’m just asking what our options are. I guess that’s asking too much?
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,597
    Yeah it's lame pj. Get it together dudes!!!
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Is there fines for lieing, indeed