Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    mpedone said:
    mikethek1 said:
    LS25120 said:
    ana_in_dc said:
    Just wanted to share that I've been a 10C member for almost 25 years, was really excited for this tour, especially when I saw that for the first time in ~7 years Pearl Jam be playing somewhere local to me (I'm in the DC metro area). Imagine my sadness & disappointment to get shut out not only of fan club tickets, but Ticketmaster as well, which seemed to sell out in roughly a nanosecond. I'm going to keep trying, but the odds don't look good. I hope there will be another leg or other shows added at some point for their tour, somewhere I can travel to that's less than a 3 hour plane ride. But there's part of me wondering how this happened & how many other 10C members out there also had something similar happen to them this tour. Is this just terrible luck, or something wrong with the process? Thanks for listening.
    I'm in the same boat! Live 25 minutes from Baltimore, been in the fan club for 23 years. First time I couldn't get tix to a local show. So disappointed. I'm shocked really. Never expected that to happen.
    I also have to agree that this was a really disappointing fan experience after also being in the club for 25 years and getting a rejection notice for tickets in my home town of Baltimore. After reviewing many of the posts a lot of long time 10c fans also did not get tickets. Suggestion to go back to the prior 10c process versus having Ticketmaster "randomly" select them. Thanks for listening!

Baltimore is an easy trip for a massive chunk of the Northeast (either an easy drive or an even easier plane flight), ESPECIALLY for a show on Saturday. Royal Farms is a smaller venue, so there were probably fewer seats allocated to the 10 Club than any other show on that leg. Anyone who actually GOT tickets through the lottery should feel INCREDIBLY lucky.
    My only issue with this lottery is that I don't think the "odds" they displayed were anywhere close to accurate.
    The only reason Baltimore was so bad is they only played 2 shows in the Northeast, and on a weekend to make it even worse. If it was a normal tour, it would not have been nearly as bad. Likely just to make sure they hit the NY market with a new album.  Also, you should not have been allowed to use a 1st priority choice on both Canadian and US shows, it should have all been one pot. 

Yes, I forgot to mention the lack of other shows, driving up demand for the Baltimore show. My point remains the same, though: you had to be VERY lucky to get tickets (answering the original question of whether it was just luck or a problem with the process).
    I don't disagree about the Canadian and US shows having different priorities, but I don't think that had as big an effect. I think many in the Northeast US would have had Baltimore as their #1 regardless.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • single ticket option, bravo 10c
  • mcreadyfanmcreadyfan Posts: 70
    edited April 2020
    Dear Pearl Jam, After this painful time in history is over please never go through Ticketmaster again. Some of us who sold fan to fan tickets are not being paid.  They have handled this all so horribly and communicated terribly and obviously have very poor training of staff, probably because they have the worst ratio of employee pay to CEO in the world, and they are becoming a bigger monopoly every day.  Please.  Fight the good fight.  Maybe this time....

They are acquiring more and more companies and gaining billions and billions of dollars in revenue with their 20 percent service charge.  

The CEO:
    Rapino has led the company in acquiring several festivals and companies, including House of Blues Entertainment in 2006,[17] Bonnaroo Festival in 2015,[18] and Blue Note Entertainment in 2017.[19] Rapino earned $70.6 million in 2017 and was reported to have one of the highest discrepancies in salary between CEO and his employees who earned an average of $24,000.[20] Also in 2017, he extended his contract with Live Nation through 2022.[21] Rapino was appointed to the SiriusXM Radio board of directors in January 2018.[22] Also in 2018, he was listed as #1 on the Billboard Power 100 list of influential people in the music industry.[23]

Post edited by mcreadyfan on
    LBDeb

Mind your manners!!!!!
    San Diego and LA 2
  • Gigaton pre order vinyl:
    My preorder (ordered in February) came 3 days late- a minor complaint considering everything going on in the world.....but I don't seem to see a digital download with it?   This is troubling.  With almost every other vinyl I buy there is a digital download.   Saw the vinyl on Amazon, and you get a download (and free shipping) with a purchase.  At $51 with tax and shipping I'd expect a digital download.  
  • AR288142AR288142 Posts: 20
    Gigaton pre order vinyl:
    My preorder (ordered in February) came 3 days late- a minor complaint considering everything going on in the world.....but I don't seem to see a digital download with it?   This is troubling.  With almost every other vinyl I buy there is a digital download.   Saw the vinyl on Amazon, and you get a download (and free shipping) with a purchase.  At $51 with tax and shipping I'd expect a digital download.  
    I agree, although I don't think it came with a digital download. I ended up biting the bullet and downloading it from iTunes, but mainly because I had already paid for the singles when they came out. 

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    AR288142 said:
    Gigaton pre order vinyl:
    I agree, although I don't think it came with a digital download. I ended up biting the bullet and downloading it from iTunes, but mainly because I had already paid for the singles when they came out. 

I did as well. It's surprising they didn't offer them because it's beyond common at this point...and not expensive at all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Now that the Seafarer camp cap is sold out (missed out :disappointed:), can we have a Fidel Castro style cap with the PJ logo on it? :lightbulb:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Dear Pearl Jam,
    Please consider a 'Get Out And Vote' concert similar to the All in Washington concert.
    This election year is one of the most critical times to energize voters to register and vote.
    Thank you very much for your consideration.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    During these tough times, is it possible for the band members to get on SiriusXM or TenClub radio and play some tunes? Acoustic solo jams. Dj'ing. 

Another cool Gigaton special like what Stone did many days back would be great to hear

Thanks! 
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited July 2020
    Bring back the Mookie Ten Club shirts please :)
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737
    Yess, thats a good idea
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    I'm really kind of confused here and i can't believe no one else has said anything about it. So they announce a new European tour but still no news on the US tour that was supposed to happen back in May??? Whats that about??? Would love some explanation on THAT!!!!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • We’re not doing as well as Europe with the coronavirus. We’re actually worse off than any other democratic first world country. I would assume this would be why we don’t have our tour rescheduled. Where I live our local and state government isn’t doing anything to combat it and seeing 900+ new cases a day is the norm.  The county I live in has had our breaks in most the public schools and we still have bars and restaurants open. As a bartender it’s pretty terrifying. As much as I miss seeing the boys I can wait until it’s safer to see my 3 shows. 
  • I would love to see reissues of the 2003 shows on silver back. Pls pls pls. They’ve always been my favorite boots but the price second hand is outrageous. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I'm really kind of confused here and i can't believe no one else has said anything about it. So they announce a new European tour but still no news on the US tour that was supposed to happen back in May??? Whats that about??? Would love some explanation on THAT!!!!
    until there's a vaccine ready to go for the general population, all concerts are going to be re-cancelled anyway. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited August 2020
    Kind of depends what the script says...We're being held hostage at the moment in this Scamdemic...so your guess is as good as any
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    Scamdemic? I hope you're referring to the unfortunate reality that economic pressures and instant gratification are more important than public health in the eyes of many; and not the scientific evidence of this viral pandemic.
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    Yeah i_love_it please explain Scamdemic? You do get that people are dying from this virus?? 
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    With the EU store, I think it would be worthwhile putting a message out with each new item to let us know if it will be stocked there or not. It would save the same questions being asked each time. 

A holding message would be fine if you're still trying to make arrangements  
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737
    True. Must be something that could easily been done. Just put a message at the item
  • tino_11 said:
    With the EU store, I think it would be worthwhile putting a message out with each new item to let us know if it will be stocked there or not. It would save the same questions being asked each time. 

If there's no link in the item description, 99.9% chance it won't be available in EU/UK shop
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    tino_11 said:

If there's no link in the item description, 99.9% chance it won't be available in EU/UK shop
    Thanks for the confirmation 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    The irony is thick...
    So these 2020 cancelled tour posters all follow the theme of the environment and it’s future either positive (and hopeful) or negative (and warning). 

Why is it that when the band is so concerned with their carbon footprint and things associated with the Earths fitire that the club refuses to ship multiple posters in a tube? 

I understand the club’s allotment likely arrives to them already rolled in a tube. But these posters are hitting in two waves—Show and Tour edition. That leads me to believe that at least some of these have shown up flat and in bulk. Why the continued insistence on one per tube? Fly me out and I’ll show the club how to roll a few posters together in a safe and economical way. 
  • loix71loix71 Posts: 283
    edited September 2020
    Dear Tenclub, dear Pearl Jam,

I'm writing here and may be you'll here my voice.
    May be not..
    I'll try.
    On 10/22/1990, Pearl Jam played their first show in Off Ramp Café.
    30 years ago...fucking awesome!!
    To celebrate this beautiful birthday, I'd like to give to the band the beautifulest gift they can have: their fans.
    I've proposed to the french fans to take part to the party and to create and share what they want with the boys: a text, a video, a painting, a cake, a recipe....The only rule is that this thing has to come from the heart to be true .
    I've tried to contact some fans all over the world so that the project would be bigger and beautifuler..."happiness is only real when shared" as said Christopher McCandless.
    He's right...so I share my happiness with everyone.
    "let your voice be heard"....
    OK OK
    I'm in the good place and i think it's the good time.
    Dear Tenclub,you are the special link between the boys and us.
    Pearl Jam is the special link between all of us.
    So,  let's play 2gether, let's have fun, let's share love, let's celebrate art, let's break the limits,....let's "what you want to".
    I wasn't able to take part to PJ20. I'll try to be on PJ30.
    In my mind, it's something like "Springsteen and I".
    I hope you'll understand my intention.
    I'm sharing the idea with you.
    I hope you'll take it and do it your way.
    To the haters who will think it's the silliest thing they ever heard, be sure that i fucking don't care about that.
    To your hate, i answer with my beautiful smile.
    I love rock n' roll and this music taughts me how to be and think free.
    To you who is reading me, take your part if you want. It'll make me happy.
    To finish, I just want to wish happy birthday to PJ... a little early.
    Find below my contribution. Sorry for the mistakes, i'm just a fucking frenchy.
    Best regards and take care of you.

Alive 2, Alive too

Dear Pearl Jam,

30 years ago,the magic has happened. 5 guys against 1 death. Andrew went in the Wood and he offered his energy to the others.

30 years ago but lightyears in my heart, in my head… in my  Ed ?

30 years ago, the dream was alive.

There was Jeff, Stone, Eddie, Mike and Dave. Jeremy followed quickly.

5 guys, sitting under a porch …the magic that happens once in a lifetime.

5 guys, 5 hearts that will quickly shake oceans of others. The history was written with Black on life. They wrote it deep in hearts, in minds, in souls.

The alchemy has instantly worked and the 5 guys were Given to fly. 5 Guys VS the gravity.

Who ever said the success was not for you ?  You didn’t care about this. You felt indifference.

For your fans, you got immortality. Your music lives through their blood.

Coming from out to nowhere, you were like Nothingman. With your work, you became better man.

You showed us how to do the evolution.

You never forgot who you are.

30 years ago but I stil remeber all those yesterdays.

Years after years, you always come back. You are like a marker in the sand that even a big wave won’t delete.

With your love boat captain, you surfed through the time and amongst the waves. You are our force of nature.

Sometimes, I close my eyes and listen to my heart. He tells me : « i’m open ». At this moment, in the present tense, I don’t feel half full. I feel faithful. I feel grateful. I feel how beautiful you are.

People who don’t listen to your music can’t understand the magic : nothing as it seems. Music must be listen with heart.

30 years ago but, through the years you learned the dance of the clairvoyants.

For me, everything is alright. You know who you are and I know that I am mine.

What can I put on my wishlist for the next 30 years ?

That you stay alive. I will stay alive too.

Thank you for eveything you did, you do and you will do. Thank you for making me smile.

All these few words just to say : I love you.

All these few words are for you.

Mankind needs more kind of man like you.

I just choose these few words for a light version, with my light vision. This is my Low light.

My name is Low. I’m still here, 30 years later.

In the future days, i’m gonna see you my friends.

My name is Low. I got some dreams. Many are with you.

30 years ago, your sirens annonced the beginning of our love story.

I have let the records play. In my head, in my heart, in my soul, there’s still thunderclap and lightning bolt.  Your music got a special place in my secret garden. Your music and you.

Clairvoyant’s pendulum stops here. This is the end of this quick escape. I take the last exit and continue my long road. I’m thumbing my way back to reality.

I’m like a ghost in your reality.

You are like ghosts in my reality.

Do the ghosts meet in reality ?

I’m a WMA( wild man alive). I play with God’s dice. I just did a sleight of hand. I’m a ghost but in the present tense, for you, I’m alive too.

I’m a ghost but, in the present tense, for you, I was true.

From the bottom of my heart to yours.

Low

P.S: the music that goes with this text is this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQyLEz0qy-g&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR0hkOQMgiM01hbLMAfjR6BZYmVi3UMIK45YMN-9GRWqn9ypbr5pJaktkS8

Post edited by loix71 on
    08/06/2000 Paris
    09/09/2006 Marseille
    11/06/2006 Paris
    03/07/2010 Arras
    30/06/2012 Arras
    16/06/2014 Amsterdam
    26/06/2014 Berlin
    08/06/2000 Paris
    09/09/2006 Marseille
    11/06/2006 Paris
    03/07/2010 Arras
    30/06/2012 Arras
    16/06/2014 Amsterdam
    26/06/2014 Berlin
  • Good luck. Bon chance. 

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Good luck. Bon chance. 

Thank you very much!
    If you've got fanpage in England or not, you're welcome to have fun with us ;)
    08/06/2000 Paris
    09/09/2006 Marseille
    11/06/2006 Paris
    03/07/2010 Arras
    30/06/2012 Arras
    16/06/2014 Amsterdam
    26/06/2014 Berlin
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    i hope u fix the shipping cost of vault 10 vinyl in europe shop inbetween europe countries
    from all european countries u can fly to uk cheaper than the cost of the vault 10 shiipping cost.
    thanks 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • leespjleespj Liverpool Posts: 172
    Will we ever see all items in the shop available in the UK/EU store ?
    Shipping for the purple ten vinyl was $20 the record is only $18.
    I have just put Atlanta cd and ev single in basket. $27 shipping is $27.98
    I know it costs tenclub money to ship internationally but it's too expensive to warrant making the purchase.
    Pearl Jam

1996-10-28, 2000-05-29, 2006-08-25, 2007-06-21, 2007-06-26, 2009-08-17, 2009-08-18, 2009-10-28, 2010-06-23, 2010-07-03, 2010-07-06, 2010-10-23, 2010-10-24, 2011-09-14, 2011-09-15, 2012-06-20, 2012-06-21, 2012-07-04, 2012-07-05, 2013-10-15, 2013-10-18, 2014-06-26, 2014-06-28, 2014-07-08, 2014-07-11, 2014-10-17, 2014-10-20, 2016-05-02, 2016-05-05, 2018-06-18, 2018-07-03, 2018-07-05, 2022-07-25.

Eddie Vedder

2012-07-28, 2012-07-30, 2012-11-15, 2017-06-11, 2019-06-25, 2019-07-03.

Brad

2013-02-08.

• imca43imca43 Posts: 54
    Any thoughts on more amenities for club members? Ill elaborate. I did not get any tix for the last 5 shows i tried for. Weekly news letter really does nothing for me. Can find all that info elsewhere. $5 off a concert from the past? Should be free to members. Sorry nugs, but should be free. I feel i get  very little if any actual value out of being a paying member. 

At this point i want to claim my club membership on my taxes as a charitable donation. Cause at the end of the day, thats all it feels like it is.
    Buffalo, New York (October 01, 1996)
    Saratoga Springs, New York (August 27, 2000)
    Philadelphia, PA (October 21, 2013)
    Philadelphia 1 (April 28, 2016)
    Philadelphia 2 (April 29, 2016)