Sneaker Head Kicks Collectors Page "All Sneaker Talk"

Comments

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Is there any strategy to scoring Nikes upon first release?  I use the Nike SNKRS app, but haven't had any luck the few times I tried.
    I’ve tried like 3 times on SNKRS and lost all 3. As well as the main retailers like Finish Line, Eastbay, Footlocker, Champs etc. I’ve found that the best strategy is to not buy them on the resell market right away, give it a month or so and they get down pretty damn close to retail unless they are something in very high demand. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    RiotZact said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Is there any strategy to scoring Nikes upon first release?  I use the Nike SNKRS app, but haven't had any luck the few times I tried.
    I’ve tried like 3 times on SNKRS and lost all 3. As well as the main retailers like Finish Line, Eastbay, Footlocker, Champs etc. I’ve found that the best strategy is to not buy them on the resell market right away, give it a month or so and they get down pretty damn close to retail unless they are something in very high demand. 
    Yeah once FOMO resides and everyone stops buying they come way down.

Nice Answers.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Yes.  Use a bot.

• Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • That green reminds me of the Champagnes.  They look good.
    edited September 2020
    I like them a lot but they are my high school alma mater’s colors and I would never get past that. 
    Post edited by RiotZact on
  • Mikemzl91 said:
    interesting.
  • Missed out this morning. Not sure why I like these but just something about them...
  • Missed out this morning. Not sure why I like these but just something about them...
    Those are dope.  My SNKRS app didn't remind me the bastards...
  • Never, ever get anything on that damn app!
  • Never, ever get anything on that damn app!
    I'm like 2 for 200...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Mikemzl91 said:
    Did you get them? I was planning on it for like a month but I went on a bit of a Reebok shopping spree so decided to pass. 
  • LBJ was wearing his retro VII All-star shoes.  I used to own those.  Creased real easy in the toe box but was a hot shoe.
  • Tomorrow for sure....
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    edited September 2020
    Figured I would throw this out here before posting them on the site that shall not be named.  Anyone interested in Jordan 11 Win Like 82 in a size 13?  Near mint condition with a little wear on the bottom and a tiny smudge on the left tongue.  I never wore these myself...it's how they came when I bought them.  Just looking for what I originally paid which was $250.  Let me know.

• Anybody score w the Off Noir drop this weekend?
  • Anybody score w the Off Noir drop this weekend?

Double loss

• Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 484
    RiotZact said:
    Mikemzl91 said:
    Did you get them? I was planning on it for like a month but I went on a bit of a Reebok shopping spree so decided to pass. 
    Just saw this now. I didn't get them, completely forgot, I think it was a 10 am drop on a Friday and i just plain forgot. They seem to have gone down on ebay, they were 250 now I think 200 is possible. 
    Mikemzl91 said:
    RiotZact said:
    Mikemzl91 said:
    Just saw this now. I didn't get them, completely forgot, I think it was a 10 am drop on a Friday and i just plain forgot. They seem to have gone down on ebay, they were 250 now I think 200 is possible. 
    Yeah that’s not too horrible if that’s including shipping. The 2 pairs of Jordan’s that I had to have dropped on the same day 2 Saturdays ago, the royal blue 3s and the PSG 4s and I didn’t try for either because my uncle was visiting. Probably would have missed them both anyway. Now resale is almost 100 over retail for both of them and I just can’t justify spending half of a grand on 2 pairs of shoes. Can’t wait to take a huge L on the Dark Mocha 1s on Halloween and see them selling for 400+ moments later. Why can’t Nike just make fucking more?
  • GC31608GC31608 GA Posts: 227

Anyone interested in a pair of Jordan XXI OG red suede size 11.5? Comes with box, extra air pods and info card. Worn a few times years ago to play ball indoors, but never outside. Asking $450 shipped. 
  • GC31608 said:

Anyone interested in a pair of Jordan XXI OG red suede size 11.5? Comes with box, extra air pods and info card. Worn a few times years ago to play ball indoors, but never outside. Asking $450 shipped. 
    Used I'd do $150.  New you should get 450.
  • RiotZact said:
    Mikemzl91 said:
    RiotZact said:
    Mikemzl91 said:
    Yeah that’s not too horrible if that’s including shipping. The 2 pairs of Jordan’s that I had to have dropped on the same day 2 Saturdays ago, the royal blue 3s and the PSG 4s and I didn’t try for either because my uncle was visiting. Probably would have missed them both anyway. Now resale is almost 100 over retail for both of them and I just can’t justify spending half of a grand on 2 pairs of shoes. Can’t wait to take a huge L on the Dark Mocha 1s on Halloween and see them selling for 400+ moments later. Why can’t Nike just make fucking more?
    Damn Mochas shouldn't be fetching that.  Just buy the ones that came out a few years ago.

Nike seems to have a 5 year cycle on things now.

Speaking of which, we are due for some cool grey XI's.

RiotZact said:
    Mikemzl91 said:
    RiotZact said:
    Mikemzl91 said:
    Damn Mochas shouldn't be fetching that.  Just buy the ones that came out a few years ago.

Do you mean the Travis Scott 1s? They are $1,600 on StockX in my size right now. Those are the only other dark brown 1s that I know of. 

Any luck?
  • I struck out. My son scored. Saturday is the big one.
  • RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    Mikemzl91 said:
    RiotZact said:
    Mikemzl91 said:

Do you mean the Travis Scott 1s? They are $1,600 on StockX in my size right now. Those are the only other dark brown 1s that I know of. 
    I thought you meant the 3's.  Didn't know a 1 Mocha came out but why am I not surprised, lol.  I tried for a pair of Scott's one time.  Got the L of course.
    I struck out. My son scored. Saturday is the big one.
    That’s awesome that your son got them! Based on the resell price I can’t imagine that more than 1 out of every 20 people or so would have scored. I don’t know if I could justify holding on to shoes that are fetching that much on the secondary market. 

And I assume you mean the mochas? Yeah, I’m not getting my hopes up.