• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Figured y'all Sneaker Heads might appreciate this:

https://youtu.be/QMLRJS7C0L4
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    Figured y'all Sneaker Heads might appreciate this:

https://youtu.be/QMLRJS7C0L4
    I knew this was coming out.  Something weird is they show the Jordan Jumpman logo.  That didn't come out until the 3.  That's the reason Jordan stayed as he was about ready to leave Nike after 4 years.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,792
    Dug these out tonight to wear 

• Options

A few I had to pull out to get to those. 
  • Options
    Are the white and yellows Concepts?
  • Options
    Are the white and yellows Concepts?
    I don’t think so. Im pretty sure I bought them in 2018? Or 2019? Hard to keep track lol 
  • Options

• Options
    Visited a boutique here in Brooklyn 

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:

These are every where now.  There was of course Flight Club in the city, a few places on Long Island then I saw a place in Roosevelt Field Mall of all places.

I don't buy over retail anymore but it's fun to look at.  I also have a bunch I haven't got to wearing yet that I most likely would sell.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

These are every where now.  There was of course Flight Club in the city, a few places on Long Island then I saw a place in Roosevelt Field Mall of all places.

I don't buy over retail anymore but it's fun to look at.  I also have a bunch I haven't got to wearing yet that I most likely would sell.
    Yea it’s definitely just to look or trade. I won’t pay over retail. Although I will say this place wasn’t too bad. Considering they have to pay rent , tax and security guards ,  they were only 20-30$ more than online only places like stock x. 

Anyone ready to strike out on the AJ1 OG 85s this morning?? 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Yea it’s definitely just to look or trade. I won’t pay over retail. Although I will say this place wasn’t too bad. Considering they have to pay rent , tax and security guards ,  they were only 20-30$ more than online only places like stock x. 

Anyone ready to strike out on the AJ1 OG 85s this morning?? 
    Those black 1's?  They aren't even what he wore so easy pass. They've done this in the past and I didn't want them either.  $200 is a lot for a 1.  Those were always the cheaper of the retros to make but they are cashing in now because yall keep buying them, lol!

Stock X is overpriced to begin with, that was an ingenious idea and also ruined the shoe market with everyone buying stuff just to flip.  It made it not fun for me anymore.

Good luck if you're hunting!
  • Options
    Only 36k releasing today so there’s no chance. Bots ruined the hunt. Can’t compete with them. I buy retail or under on stock x pretty often but yea, same with concert posters. Resellers ruined the market and took the fun out of it. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Only 36k releasing today so there’s no chance. Bots ruined the hunt. Can’t compete with them. I buy retail or under on stock x pretty often but yea, same with concert posters. Resellers ruined the market and took the fun out of it. 
    That is a really small run for kicks.  Good luck.

I actually have some pairs that only 1-200 were made.  Older stuff.  Should be in a museum now, lol.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Does anyone know if these will be difficult to get at retail?  

• Options
    bbiggs said:

Plain gray?  Should be easy but it is a Dunk...
  • Options
    bbiggs said:

Yeah, these exact ones.  I rarely buy new shoes, but this happens to be one that I like and I will buy, if given the chance.  Being that I'm 0 for the century on the SNKRS app, I'm guessing that trend will continue. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Yeah, these exact ones.  I rarely buy new shoes, but this happens to be one that I like and I will buy, if given the chance.  Being that I'm 0 for the century on the SNKRS app, I'm guessing that trend will continue. 
    Yeah, no shit.  

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    bbiggs said:

Yes they will be difficult. A lot of hype and they were easily going for over $200 resale 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    bbiggs said:

Yes they will be difficult. A lot of hype and they were easily going for over $200 resale 
    Damn. Bummer. I wonder what the hype is all about. I like them, but I tend to like “boring” color ways that I thought weren’t as popular. Sounds like another SNKRS swing and miss coming. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    bbiggs said:

Damn. Bummer. I wonder what the hype is all about. I like them, but I tend to like “boring” color ways that I thought weren’t as popular. Sounds like another SNKRS swing and miss coming. 
    I hope I’m wrong. Sneakers are no fun anymore. Too much stress, too many bots and the SNKRS app is a joke. Good luck 
  • Options

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:

I wear my Chutney 13’s all the time.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

How dare you wear sneakers!!!! 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

lol.

I do own a few that are now museum pieces.  Everything else I like to wear.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

lol.

I do own a few that are now museum pieces.  Everything else I like to wear.
    Haha. Definitely have my share of sneakers I won’t wear, especially anything 15-25 years old! I do buy every sneaker with the intention of wearing but some I just don’t get around to. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    It's Fat Tuesday so I got to rock these Pumas...

• Options
    edited February 2023

Nice

who’s trying for those gray dunk’s tomorrow? 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

Nice

I happen to walk by the FTL on 34th in Manhattan when they were handing out tickets.  I didn't feel like coming back so I didn't bother.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,904
    Would you go to these lengths for these sneakers like Sal did?

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

Nice

I'm trying.  Hearing that they're handing out tickets in the post above tells me all I need to know about my chances.  I have no clue what shoes will be high demand vs. not, but I can't figure out why this one seems to be.  Good luck if you're giving it a go. 
    I could have snagged those 3's yesterday when they dropped them, but passed.  Cool shoe though.