Post your stereo system!

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    mrussel1 said:
    Forgot to mention that I do not own a PC.

Should also mention that I have vintage equipment so I don't stream through them, only through my Bose bluetooth speaker or the JBL clip.

I was hoping to delve away from a computer based backup and wanted to use a device like I mentioned above.
    I have vintage as well.  Everything I'm doing is analogue based into the vintage.  However, not having a computer is debilitating, I think.  You're going to end up spending much more than if you just bought a $400 laptop.  
    Yes as can be seen from the hardware I posted.  I might just end up buying it.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962

Added a bit of a light show. Colors and patterns change with the music. 

I'm a nerd like that. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Looks cool.  So what do you have there?  Is the top one a 2230 and the bottom a 70?  Does the sound signature feel different?
    edited June 2020
    2215b on top and a 2245 below.

The 2215b powers a pair of Klipsch bookshelves with a little help from a Klipsch powered subwoofer. My turntable and CD player are running into it, too.

The 2245 is driving my Cerwin-Vegas. It's only source is the CDP, which is run by way of two AudioQuest splitters. That way, I can run both receivers and all of the speakers from the same source.

The 2215b is a little cleaner and more open sounding, while the 2245 is more warm and full.....the classic "Marantz sound". Together, both receivers and all of the speakers and sub running, the whole spectrum is pretty well covered. 

Sounds good enough that I'm not looking to add or change a thing.
    Post edited by dudeman on
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    dudeman said:

Added a bit of a light show. Colors and patterns change with the music. 

I'm a nerd like that. 
    Looks like the Bar Mitzvahs I went to in Middle school...

I kid I kid!
    New VPI rig and Hana SL mc cart.  Im done for a long while. 

Beautiful! Congrats!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    edited July 2020
    "NEW" vintage Onkyo CP 1010A completely gone through with a new AT 90e twin magnet cart

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    "NEW" vintage Onkyo CP 1010A completely gone through with a new AT 90e twin magnet cart

Nice looking deck.  Is the cart vintage too?
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Nice looking deck.  Is the cart vintage too?
    not sure. but the guy did a fantastic job cleaning and lubricating everything. super smooth operation and play.

heres his listing from ebay....
    For sale Onkyo CP1010A belt drive auto return turntable with Audio Technica AT90E twin magnet cartridge. New belt installed , spindle oiled and contacts cleaned.Some upgrades: rubber mat replaced with cork mat with proper recess for record label and record clamp,both items improve sound and tracking.Turntable is in excellent cosmetic condition,dustcover is in very good condition with no cracks.Cartridge works properly and stylus has minimal wear.Stylus and bushing have been treated with LAST. A very easy to operate and excellent sounding record player for 33s and 45s .Sold as is but guaranteed not to be DOA.Any questions feel free to ask.Original rubber mat included and copy of service and owners manual.ONKYO Automatic Return TableModel CP - 1010ANew Belt Specifications:                                                                                                                2-speed automatic return turntable Platter: 12 1/4" aluminum diecastMotor: FG 24 pole DC servo 
    Speeds: 33 and 45rpm
    Speed control: +-2%
    Wow and flutter: 0.05% WRMS
    Signal to noise ratio: 67dB
    Tonearm: static balanced straight pipe
    Effective length: 8 3/8"
    Overhang: 9/16"Maximum Tracking Error: +3 degrees, -1 degreePower Consumption: 3 WattsUsable Cartridge Weight: 5-8.5g
    Dimensions: 17 7/8" X 14 1/2" X 5 1/4"

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited July 2020
    She’s a beaut, Clark
    mrussel1 said:
    She’s a beaut, Clark
    Ha!!

mickeyrat said:

Cool man! Do you have an all-Onkyo stereo?
    dudeman said:
    mickeyrat said:

Cool man! Do you have an all-Onkyo stereo?
    yes. its why I was/am adamant about keeping it as such. the rest of the components are black though. but I got a good deal on a table that sounds great. Seller did preventive maintenance throughout.

That's awesome. Staying with one manufacturer definitely helps with system synergy. 

I've always liked Onkyo gear, particularly their CD players. Best bang for the buck out there and they compete with some top players that cost way more. 
    dudeman said:
    That's awesome. Staying with one manufacturer definitely helps with system synergy. 

I've always liked Onkyo gear, particularly their CD players. Best bang for the buck out there and they compete with some top players that cost way more. 
    6 disc changer I have is the only new, modern component to this system.  Oh and I bought a set of newer onkyo SK 50 4 ways speakers. need to have the og set looked at. I replaced the foam surround and failed to align the voice coil and am getting distortion. once I can get that corrected,  i should be booming.

• GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    I knew I was poor and uneducated in the ways of stereo systems, but this thread handed me the proof.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

Gibson said:
    I knew I was poor and uneducated in the ways of stereo systems, but this thread handed me the proof.
    oh, right there with you brother..... I got lucky and was handed most of mine....

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Just inherited a laser disc player & about 30 or so discs.  A few music/concert sets in there: REM, Dylan, McCartney, Simon & Garfunkel, 10K Maniacs, & a couple classical selections. Also have the original Star Wars trilogy (separate, not the box set) and a few other classics. I'll probably end up hocking it all on ebay or to the pawn shop, but it'll be interesting to see if it plays once (read: if) I get it all cleaned up.  The player itself weights about 20 lbs.
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    I was looking for some new speakers... I’ve got paradigm atom bookshelf speakers and was looking at some CV LS-10s...  anyone have experience with those?  
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    Upgraded to a new pair of Cornwall IIIs to go with my vintage McIntosh setup. 
    BB162610 said:
    Upgraded to a new pair of Cornwall IIIs to go with my vintage McIntosh setup. 
    Beautiful! Love those Cornwalls. Klipsch got it right with many of their designs and the Cornwall III is a prime example. 

I'll bet they sound glorious being pushed by that McIntosh. 
    Just inherited a laser disc player & about 30 or so discs.  A few music/concert sets in there: REM, Dylan, McCartney, Simon & Garfunkel, 10K Maniacs, & a couple classical selections. Also have the original Star Wars trilogy (separate, not the box set) and a few other classics. I'll probably end up hocking it all on ebay or to the pawn shop, but it'll be interesting to see if it plays once (read: if) I get it all cleaned up.  The player itself weights about 20 lbs.
    local shop just posted on fb they have taken in a ton of laser discs...

used kids in columbus ohio. on ebay and discogs....

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027

Great looking set-up!  What are those speakers?
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

Great looking set-up!  What are those speakers?
    Thanks! It sounds great. 
    Those are Vandersteen 2Ce Signature II speakers. 

I bought them used with the amp (early 90s Pioneer which was never opened) for $1100 off a guy in a small town NE of Calgary. He had them up on the “Canuckaudiomart” website for a while and was getting all kinds of inquiries from the US, but I was the only one who had asked him about these from Canada. He said the folks in the US knew it was a great deal, but the shipping costs were too much.

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    Just put an Ortofon bronze cartridge on my Rega P2 turntable. Wow. Sounds completely different. 
    May 30th said:
    Just put an Ortofon bronze cartridge on my Rega P2 turntable. Wow. Sounds completely different. 
    Nice! What was on there before?
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    dudeman said:
    May 30th said:
    Just the stock cartridge. I think it was called a carbon 
    May 30th said:
    dudeman said:
    May 30th said:
    Just the stock cartridge. I think it was called a carbon 
    That's a nice upgrade.  While the bronze is cheaper than the black, a lot of people say it's more well rounded and forgiving than the black which can pick up every nuance in a groove, bad or good.  I was ready to go bronze not too long ago but pulled an audible and went Hanna moving coil instead.