Options

Bitch here.

hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
Let it out, trivial or not.

(Anyone so inclined is free to be a bitch as well - no gender associations here.)

Today I'm irritated as fuck that Spectrum can't get their act together.  All channels are pixelated, even their goddamn ads.

I'm also mildly irritated with our neighbors, having their little kids screaming up and down the hallway.  Don't subject the rest of us to your cacophonous little banshees...they're harshing my buzz, man!

Also, for the love of all things good, if anyone posts that godawful "Bitch" song by whatsherface, I'll cut ya.

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    thought you were calling yourself a bitch :tongue:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Me too.
    Asshole, here.

Can we take roll call?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    thought you were calling yourself a bitch :tongue:
    If the collar fits....

:rofl:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I’ll collar YOU!

I shall concede that I can be a bitch at times. And an asshole too :blush:
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    hedonist said:
    I’ll collar YOU!

Are you also a lover, a child, a mother, a sinner, a saint? Do you not feel ashamed?

Who will be my hell? My dream? And nothing in between?

You know, I wouldn’t have it any other way. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:
    I’ll collar YOU!

Are you also a lover, a child, a mother, a sinner, a saint? Do you not feel ashamed?

Oh, DK...

There are some days when George will sit in front of me meowing, despite my gentle admonitions that he's got plenty of food, water, and just had belly rubs.  And yet he continues to meow - as if daring me!  I adore him and therefore let him get away with it.

Today, sir, you are like George :lol:
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Wow, I would say Dankind is many things but I would never say he is a puss.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I just saw the bump.  Tears :rofl:
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:
    I’ll collar YOU!

Oh, DK...

There are some days when George will sit in front of me meowing, despite my gentle admonitions that he's got plenty of food, water, and just had belly rubs.  And yet he continues to meow - as if daring me!  I adore him and therefore let him get away with it.

Today, sir, you are like George :lol:
    :blush:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Ooooo!  I would like to bitch.  May I? 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Absolutely, sister!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I typed it out.  I got it out of my system.  I'm good now.  (No, really!)  Maybe my decision not to bitch is because I'm tired.  :sleepy:  
  • Options
    As long as the thought pipes are clear ;)
  • Options
    I am fucking SICK of getting nosebleeds.

And not the dainty, wipe-away-one-lone-drop kind...we’re talking having to cup my hand below my nose to catch it. Had one just last night (it woke me up) and a doozy a little bit ago. Even had to clean the carpet :angry:

I paint such a pretty picture, don’t I =)
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    hedonist said:

And not the dainty, wipe-away-one-lone-drop kind...we’re talking having to cup my hand below my nose to catch it. Had one just last night (it woke me up) and a doozy a little bit ago. Even had to clean the carpet :angry:

At least bleed on someone you really really don’t like :tongue:
    Seriously though, I can imagine it sucks!!
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    hedonist said:

"Wipe it on your dress, and send it to me."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,908
    dankind said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    hedonist said:

You mean like a Monica Lewinsky situation ;)

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    dankind said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    hedonist said:

In a Black Francis sort of way. 

But if the dress fits....
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,908
    Ok. I didn't get the Pixies song reference right away. Got it now.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    dankind said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    hedonist said:

In a Black Francis sort of way. 

But if the dress fits....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex272jpUOSg
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    Hedo, you've known me "electronically" for years.  You know I'm a bleeding heart (been called that often, and not in a good way), love people, lots of compassion, blah blah blah.  Oh my God, right now I hate people.  Driving these days in the Philly/South Jersey area is like driving with a loaded gun against your head. Your life could end in the blink of an eye.  People are OUT of CONTROL.  Driving so fast and so recklessly.  It's as though the pandemic has emboldened people to take greater risk.  I'm not talking going 45 in 30mph.  I'm talking driving across a bridge where the posted speed limit is 45, I'm doing 60 and people are FLYING by me; dangerously changing lanes and then changing them again . . . on a BRIDGE!  That's just one example.  It feels like I put my life in danger every time I have to go into the city anymore.  By the time I get to work or get home from work, my nerves are SHOT.  Fuck people, that's my bitching for today. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,993
    People sure are being shown up for being ass hats during this pandemic.  
    I too am a bleeding heart by the  sounds of it.
    Keep caring its the  only way.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    edited August 2020
    Hedo, you've known me "electronically" for years.  You know I'm a bleeding heart (been called that often, and not in a good way), love people, lots of compassion, blah blah blah.  Oh my God, right now I hate people.  Driving these days in the Philly/South Jersey area is like driving with a loaded gun against your head. Your life could end in the blink of an eye.  People are OUT of CONTROL.  Driving so fast and so recklessly.  It's as though the pandemic has emboldened people to take greater risk.  I'm not talking going 45 in 30mph.  I'm talking driving across a bridge where the posted speed limit is 45, I'm doing 60 and people are FLYING by me; dangerously changing lanes and then changing them again . . . on a BRIDGE!  That's just one example.  It feels like I put my life in danger every time I have to go into the city anymore.  By the time I get to work or get home from work, my nerves are SHOT.  Fuck people, that's my bitching for today. 

I hear you both!   And not just in the cities.  As bad as the greater Sacramento area is (believe me, it's bad!), even in the smaller towns, people are becoming more and more aggressive on the road and in shops, etc.  I'm becoming as reclusive as I can get away with.  

I thinks it's a good time to contemplate who you want to interact with and how you want to interact with unreasonable people when you have to.  I think the best option is to go low key.  I try not to get sucked into other people's anger, and I try very hard to turn my own anger into something useful or creative.  Howling at the moon is OK too.  And bitching about something?  We all gotta do it now and then.

Great thread, good people.

Peace, friends.  Love to you all.

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,065
    edited August 2020
    Me to my brother who still owes me 300-400 dollars since a trip to Berlin to see Eddie in 2016:

https://youtu.be/B3eAMGXFw1o
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Yup, I also get a sense of that “me me” mentality - moreso now - though fortunately my actual contact is limited and has personally pretty good. Brought out the asshats is a great way to put it. It seems some have lost their sense of basic decency and character. 

Brian, I have been known to howl on occasion...though not always at the moon! Gotta release the pressure at times, hopefully in a constructive or even self-preservation sense. 
  • Options
    Me to my brother who still owes me 300-400 dollars since a trip to Berlin to see Eddie in 2016:

https://youtu.be/B3eAMGXFw1o
    I have a brother who owes me money, too.  I am never going to see it and sadly to us, it is a fairly significant sum of cash.  He wanted to continue to borrow and I told him that the Bank of DEP was closed.  All phone calls stopped.  Oh gee, was it something I said?  

Here's to hoping you have better luck.  
  • Options
    brianlux said:

I hear you both!   And not just in the cities.  As bad as the greater Sacramento area is (believe me, it's bad!), even in the smaller towns, people are becoming more and more aggressive on the road and in shops, etc.  I'm becoming as reclusive as I can get away with.  

I thinks it's a good time to contemplate who you want to interact with and how you want to interact with unreasonable people when you have to.  I think the best option is to go low key.  I try not to get sucked into other people's anger, and I try very hard to turn my own anger into something useful or creative.  Howling at the moon is OK too.  And bitching about something?  We all gotta do it now and then.

Great thread, good people.

Peace, friends.  Love to you all.

Yep Brian, I live South Jersey and have to drive locally to get to highways to get into Philly. 

I think people start their cars and think they don't have to use their brake until they reach their destination.  Seriously, I don't think they know why the brake is there.  So it's a 4 lane road, two lanes both directions, I'm in the right hand lane, cars in the left hand lane, then a car in the left hand lane is making a left and has to wait until oncoming traffic eases so he can make that left.  But the people behind him think, oh he's stopped so I get to just shove myself into the right lane NO MATTER WHETHER IT'S SAFE OR NOT, no signal, just shove your way in, because you know they don't have to stop for anyone.  WTF???

Then they get back into the left lane and do it all the way down the road.  And if you hit your horn, like WTF are you doing, they flip you off like you're wrong.  

When I was working in the city every day early on when everything was closed down and the roads were almost devoid of cars, that was the introduction to "I can do whatever the F*ck I want to."  I witnessed people driving over 100 miles an hour on a daily basis.  Idiots.

Honestly, I worked from home today and just thinking about driving is still my bitch for the day.  
  • Options
    https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/speeding-driver-kills-2-launches-one-victim-through-door-of-home/251510
    I posted above then went to check local news station, dear God, how fast do you have to be going on a city neighborhood street to launch someone into the living room of a nearby house.  WTF. 

Sorry to hijack your post hedo but this recklessness is driving me insane.  No pun intended at all.  
  • Options
    That’s what it’s here for!

I think that asshole mindset has bled into many other realms of life today.