Options

Bitch here.

Comments

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    hedonist said:
    That’s what it’s here for!

I think that asshole mindset has bled into many other realms of life today. 
    It's no wonder I've had the song Society on the brain lately, what is happening to Society in America?  I know there have always been issues, poverty and racism and police brutality, etc. but it just seems like people feel embolden, where they once may have been silent, they now feel they can act out and show their true colors.

It's a scary thing, how much hatred is out there and reeling it's ugly head.  It goes against my whole being.

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,876
    Can I whine for a moment - and just say that I miss having a social life. I am single and live alone. I am not really lonely since I have a lot to do. But I used to go out so much with my friends on the weekends. I have done a few outdoor dinners, but it is Friday night and I am sitting in my apartment watching TV. I know that so many people are going through so much and whining about missing my social life is so petty - but I just wanted to bitch here for a moment. Thanks for indulging me.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I understand.  I took 46 trips last year.  Many of those were with different people or solo to different locations.  Most for work but the result was being on the move.  Always.
    Different places, different activities, still keeping a precious few routines.  
    So many good meals that OTHER PEOPLE COOKED!

Fuck Covid.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    GlowGirl said:
    Can I whine for a moment - and just say that I miss having a social life. I am single and live alone. I am not really lonely since I have a lot to do. But I used to go out so much with my friends on the weekends. I have done a few outdoor dinners, but it is Friday night and I am sitting in my apartment watching TV. I know that so many people are going through so much and whining about missing my social life is so petty - but I just wanted to bitch here for a moment. Thanks for indulging me.
    It’s funny, I’m not the most social person but I do miss random daily interactions (and hugs from my mom and sister). Plus it helps so much to see a person’s entire face.

And, it’s okay to whine! Necessary, at times. 
  • Options
    I understand.  I took 46 trips last year.  Many of those were with different people or solo to different locations.  Most for work but the result was being on the move.  Always.
    Different places, different activities, still keeping a precious few routines.  
    So many good meals that OTHER PEOPLE COOKED!

Fuck Covid.
    That is how I feel when I read the food thread ;)
  • Options
    I'm still holding onto my two tickets for the LA shows; as well as my airline ticket for my scheduled trip from April.  Just went this morning to get my Real ID so I can get on a plane again when the shows are rescheduled.  I arrived at DMV NJ 45 minutes before they opened and I was at least the 100th person in line.  It was surprisingly efficient once it opened but this is the new reality.  The backlog of all aspects of registering, obtaining tags, licenses; inspections; are all months behind.  I just hope the voting process goes well in November and that EVERYONE exercises their right to vote.  Get out the vote people!!!!
  • Options
    I have little faith in voting these days. My cynicism of politics and politicians in general, how mail-ins will (or won’t) work, hidden agendas, biases, and on. 

My husband has to get his Real ID soon. I hope it’s not a clusterfuck!
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    I have little faith in voting these days. My cynicism of politics and politicians in general, how mail-ins will (or won’t) work, hidden agendas, biases, and on. 

I went to the DMV Express. 3.5 hours later I had my Real ID driver's license :o

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

Was that slower or quicker than you’d anticipated? I’ve heard LA is either hit or miss. C’mon, hit!
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

Was that slower or quicker than you’d anticipated? I’ve heard LA is either hit or miss. C’mon, hit!
    It was slower than I thought. Although, that was probably stupid of me to think that. Somehow the word Express threw me off. But, since I don't have a car I really only have to go to the DMV every 10 years or so to renew my license. The express places are really only for license renewals and something to do with license plates - so I thought it would be a breeze. The problem was that people would get their turn and then not have all the documents they needed, etc. They did not read the instructions very clearly before going. I had all my required documents in an envelope ready to go. The DMV lady actually complimented my efficiency. Once my turn came up it was only about 5 minutes. Other people were taking 20-30 minutes trying to figure out the process. It is all about reading the information before you go, people.  

Reminded me of PJ ticket time around here where people are not reading the information and then asking questions that were clearly spelled out beforehand.

• Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    hedonist said:

Probably a dumb question but what’s a Real ID?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:

Something that’s supposed to make it easier to fly on planes, if that ever happens again. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

It was slower than I thought. Although, that was probably stupid of me to think that. Somehow the word Express threw me off. But, since I don't have a car I really only have to go to the DMV every 10 years or so to renew my license. The express places are really only for license renewals and something to do with license plates - so I thought it would be a breeze. The problem was that people would get their turn and then not have all the documents they needed, etc. They did not read the instructions very clearly before going. I had all my required documents in an envelope ready to go. The DMV lady actually complimented my efficiency. Once my turn came up it was only about 5 minutes. Other people were taking 20-30 minutes trying to figure out the process. It is all about reading the information before you go, people.  

Reminded me of PJ ticket time around here where people are not reading the information and then asking questions that were clearly spelled out beforehand.

Same with me, the woman said "I wish all people were as prepared as you."  I told her, I looked at the website a million times.  For me, even though there were a lot of people ahead of me, it was quite efficient if you had what you needed to acquire what you were there for to begin with.  Once the doors opened at 8:00am, I was out of there by 9:07am.  Best DMV experience I've had in years.
  • Options
    I remember that whole ticket fiasco!

It’s sad when others are impressed because some actually read or follow instructions. 
  • Options
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:

Something that’s supposed to make it easier to fly on planes, if that ever happens again. 
    Right. Once the new law for Real ID kicks in (it might have already), if you don't have it you will need to show a passport even to fly domestic. When you renew your driver's license you will have the option to get it. It is just a driver's license with a fancy new symbol, and I assume some kind of high tech chip.

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited September 2020
    Long, but possibly entertaining. I did the Real ID thing maybe two years ago.  It had only started in Ohio a few weeks before I went.  I swore that I had everything they needed, despite Ohio BMV's website not being updated to the changes.  

"YOU HAVE A HYPHENATED NAME!"  

"Um, yes?"  (Hyphenation angers a lot of people.  I do not know why.  I tell them that I did it to complicate their lives.  If they weren't sunshine and rainbows before . . . )

"DID YOU CHANGE YOUR NAME?"  (I swear that she really was yelling.)

"When I got married."  (She needn't know about the legal name change at 15.)  

"You need your marriage certificate!"

"My guess is that the marriage certificate isn't the pretty paper that they sent after we were married, right?"

"NO!"

"Where do I obtain a marriage certificate?" 

"The courthouse downtown."

Sweet Jesus.  We go through downtown which is like the largest jog through orange barrels you have ever seen.  Park in the deck, hoof it to the courthouse, step inside and the police officer says, "You do not look happy." 

"I just want a driver's license."

He laughed, "Oh, you are one of THOSE."  

"Yup."

My daughter set off the security thing with her belt.  After that, we went upstairs as instructed.  I kept meeting up with helpful people with the same question and their response was all the same, "Oh, you are one of THOSE."  Finally, I get my marriage certificate for the bargain price of $2.00, now it has been hours (I started the journey at 8:30 when they opened) it was now lunchtime, it was humid, it looked like I had stuck my finger in a light socket and quite frankly, I was cranky.  I went to tame the wildness and have a bite to eat before I went back. 

Second trip down went much better.  I believe that my lady had either something to eat, had a vat of coffee or something because she was a kind human.  She even asked me if I liked my photo.  

"If both eyes are open and I don't look like I have done drugs, it's fine.  I don't plan on putting it in a picture frame in the living room."  

She laughed.  All was well.  

But . .  . you need Real ID for flights and to enter into government buildings. 
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    Long, but possibly entertaining. I did the Real ID thing maybe two years ago.  It had only started in Ohio a few weeks before I went.  I swore that I had everything they needed, despite Ohio BMV's website not being updated to the changes.  

"YOU HAVE A HYPHENATED NAME!"  

"Um, yes?"  (Hyphenation angers a lot of people.  I do not know why.  I tell them that I did it to complicate their lives.  If they weren't sunshine and rainbows before . . . )

"DID YOU CHANGE YOUR NAME?"  (I swear that she really was yelling.)

"When I got married."  (She needn't know about the legal name change at 15.)  

"You need your marriage certificate!"

"My guess is that the marriage certificate isn't the pretty paper that they sent after we were married, right?"

"NO!"

"Where do I obtain a marriage certificate?" 

"The courthouse downtown."

Sweet Jesus.  We go through downtown which is like the largest jog through orange barrels you have ever seen.  Park in the deck, hoof it to the courthouse, step inside and the police officer says, "You do not look happy." 

"I just want a driver's license."

He laughed, "Oh, you are one of THOSE."  

"Yup."

My daughter set off the security thing with her belt.  After that, we went upstairs as instructed.  I kept meeting up with helpful people with the same question and their response was all the same, "Oh, you are one of THOSE."  Finally, I get my marriage certificate for the bargain price of $2.00, now it has been hours (I started the journey at 8:30 when they opened) it was now lunchtime, it was humid, it looked like I had stuck my finger in a light socket and quite frankly, I was cranky.  I went to tame the wildness and have a bite to eat before I went back. 

Second trip down went much better.  I believe that my lady had either something to eat, had a vat of coffee or something because she was a kind human.  She even asked me if I liked my photo.  

"If both eyes are open and I don't look like I have done drugs, it's fine.  I don't plan on putting it in a picture frame in the living room."  

She laughed.  All was well.  

But . .  . you need Real ID for flights and to enter into government buildings. 
    Previously referred to by other regimes as “your papers.”
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    DEP, My whole document situation is a mess. I’m legal, but my proof is from the 80’s. So this should be fun. I’ll let you know how it turns out. If I’m still around. 

Dankind, exactly. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    They pushed back the realid deadline.
    My DL expired but they are not mandating people to go to the DMV in NJ, as of right now there is a grace period.  Think it is December.
    (They will extend)
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Ohio BMV website. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Yep.  
    The DL renewal thing is funny as well.  
    I know I read somewhere early on that a few states were allowing for kids of age to just start driving vs not being able to take their dl test.
    Seems a dumb rule.
  • Options
    The cat thinks my wake up time should be 3:30 and has set about implementing this new rule all week in the most annoying way. He meows loudly and scratches at my door and if I even look like I might fall back asleep, he bounces on my rib cage like a trampoline. WTF?!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    The cat thinks my wake up time should be 3:30 and has set about implementing this new rule all week in the most annoying way. He meows loudly and scratches at my door and if I even look like I might fall back asleep, he bounces on my rib cage like a trampoline. WTF?!
    Wake up. And instead of feeding him, pick him up, put him in the shower, and turn it on. End of problem.

You might have to do it couple of times, but it's worked for me so far with my disrespectful male cats.

I generally let them get away with murder (literally!), but I draw the line at waking me up. Sleep is too precious. If I never had to wake up, life would be great.

I will say that when I finally do wake up, it's nice to have cats there to make the whole damn thing more tolerable.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

• Options
    :lol:@dankind and @GlowGirl

I guess it’s only fair. But then we’ll get into a pissing match and I’ll lose. He’s already giving me love me eyes. Damn him. 
  • Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited September 2020
    I want to have a bitch about work who have decided the managers go into work once a week but the rest of us go in most days. I'm gonna get a Dr's note as I have vulnerable parents who could be at risk if I pick up something from one of the parents with school kids. I dont think work should be allowed to send us into work when I'm happy working from home and spend the rest of my free time shielding before we approach the 2nd wave. I dont believe this is risk free as toilets and kitchens are communal areas. I also have asthma which puts me at a higher risk. 
    Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • Options
    I want to have a bitch about work who have decided the managers go into work once a week but the rest of us go in most days. I'm gonna get a Dr's note as I have vulnerable parents who could be at risk if I pick up something from one of the parents with school kids. I dont think work should be allowed to send us into work when I'm happy working from home and spend the rest of my free time shielding before we approach the 2nd wave. I dont believe this is risk free as toilets and kitchens are communal areas. I also have asthma which puts me at a higher risk. 
    That’s ridiculous and unfair. You’re an adult. I’m sure you’re plenty productive from home. 
  • Options
    That’s ridiculous and unfair. You’re an adult. I’m sure you’re plenty productive from home. 
    Thanks @RogueStoner I'm gonna contact my Dr first thing tomorrow. It my folks I worry about. I visit them every day to make them a cuppa and check they've eaten. 
  • Options
    Thanks @RogueStoner I'm gonna contact my Dr first thing tomorrow. It my folks I worry about. I visit them every day to make them a cuppa and check they've eaten. 
    I hope my kids take as good care of me someday. Hoping you and they stay safe and healthy. 
  • Options
    I hope my kids take as good care of me someday. Hoping you and they stay safe and healthy. 
    Thanks @RogueStoner I'm sure they will :) I've been written a Dr's note recommending I work from home for the next month so that should buy me some time. I bet the bosses will be well pissed off but it's more important to me that my family stay safe xxx