The Pizza Thread

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    You know they're going to be good when just seeing them makes you have to take a hearty shit.  
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    You know they're going to be good when just seeing them makes you have to take a hearty shit.  
    Ha.  
    There needs to be a general term for looking at something makes you need to take a hearty shit

Lou's Syndrome?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I love that darwin's page-heading post up there could've been the body of the OP :lol:

It's been ages since I had a pie...might need to have one of our locals deliver.
    Ha.  
    There needs to be a general term for looking at something makes you need to take a hearty shit

Lou's Syndrome?

I like it! Well, at least in the interest of keeping the pizza thread non-political, I like Lou's Syndrome. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    hedonist said:
    I love that darwin's page-heading post up there could've been the body of the OP :lol:

It's been ages since I had a pie...might need to have one of our locals deliver.
    :rofl:

Have you tried doing your own from scratch? It is kind of enjoyable. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:

I haven’t but heard it’s super easy. Squishing whole canned tomatoes!

Or am I thinking of marinara?
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

I haven’t but heard it’s super easy. Squishing whole canned tomatoes!

Or am I thinking of marinara?

I prefer to use canned San Marzanno tomatoes....or slicing and crushing some from the tomato plant out back. It is much easier than I had anticipated.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    My wife got a new pizza stone and made a killer plain and margherita.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Look great!

Have dough balls in the fridge for tomorrow evening.  Looking forward to them!
    Look great!

Have dough balls in the fridge for tomorrow evening.  Looking forward to them!
    What is your dough routine? Take out of the fridge in the am?
    Follow the Pizza Bible, this is for Napolenta.
    Poolish/starter for 18 hours and then the frodge for a bit....then the dough (add the poolish) and sit for 20 mins.
    Divide/weigh them, ball them up, seal, put into the fridge for 36-48 hours.

Then they are ready....

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Those pies look outstanding. Especially the margherita. Wow 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    RiotZact said:
    Had these babies the other night from D’Oliva in Philly. Small Pepperoni and one of their specialties which was chunky marinara, prosciutto, arugula, and burrata cheese. Both very good. 

whoa! :tired_face:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    I think I have to get a slice of pizza tonight after looking at some of these photos. I never get pepperoni, but that photo above that RiotZact originally posted is making me crave some.
    Brooklyn square tonight.  Top two favorite pizza for me.  My god it is good.  The sprinkle of pecorino hits you right at the end.  
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    mcgruff10 said:
    Brooklyn square tonight.  Top two favorite pizza for me.  My god it is good.  The sprinkle of pecorino hits you right at the end.  
    Looks great. I rarely get square. I love the crust so I would only want the corners. I sometimes will get a corner slice at a slice place, but never a whole pie. It looks delicious though. Enjoy. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Never heard of pizza pie before... pie usually has a filling.
    This is what we called here ''pizza pie''..

lykakis-zymesgr
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Pastourma, fresh mushrooms and black olives..

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:

Wow. Looks great!  Pastourma is like a sausage, correct? 
    mcgruff10 said:
    From Brooklyn Square?  That place is so fuggin good.
    Jealous!
    bbiggs said:
    23scidoo said:

Wow. Looks great!  Pastourma is like a sausage, correct? 
    https://images.app.goo.gl/N3Qj5auZKGPMDeRMA
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

mcgruff10 said:
    From Brooklyn Square?  That place is so fuggin good.
    Jealous!
    You know it!  Only six or seven minutes from my house. 
    23scidoo said:

That looks great!  Who knew the Greeks could make a decent pizza?
    Mike your pies always look incredible. Jealous with those east coast pies...so good 
    mcgruff10 said:
    23scidoo said:

That looks great!  Who knew the Greeks could make a decent pizza?
    We are close to Italy!!😉
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

edited October 2020
    bbiggs said:
    Mike your pies always look incredible. Jealous with those east coast pies...so good 
    I just reheated a slice on the pizza stone....I think it might taste better than yesterday.  You got to make the next pj show in Philly or nyc!

mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    I just reheated a slice on the pizza stone....I think it might taste better than yesterday.  You got to make the next pj show in Philly or nyc!

Leftovers are the best. Philly is a city I’ve never been and definitely a spot I’d like to catch a PJ show...some great pie would be a bonus too! 
  • Haven't found it yet in any stores around me:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Is it good?  Or you want to find to try?
    That picture does not make the crust look good, but I can dig a frozen pie aa a great boozemop.
    Ordered some pizza after seeing that Brooklyn Square.
    Just before I finished them in the oven.  They were very good and the freezer got stocked with leftovers for those great times when you need a good slice.