Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,551

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,082
    Had New Park Pizza this weekend.  I forgot how good their sauce was.  A good sweet sauce.  Under carriage was underdone but still a good slice.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334

This place is the running for one of my local favorites now. Grandma Pie is solid. Regular pie, here, is top notch.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

This place is the running for one of my local favorites now. Grandma Pie is solid. Regular pie, here, is top notch.
    To me this looks undercooked, like the slice would flop over.

I find a lot of places rush the pies out now.
  • Options
    edited February 20

It wasn't undercooked. Can kinda see why you'd think that though, looking at the crust. But there was only slight flop, good undercarriage. Portney gave this place a 7.8 recently. It's why I started going here again. 

They go a little overboard on the cheese though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,521
    is “undercarriage” a new term? :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

It wasn't undercooked. Can kinda see why you'd think that though, looking at the crust. But there was only slight flop, good undercarriage. Portney gave this place a 7.8 recently. It's why I started going here again. 

The amount of cheese looks great its the identity crisis of sausage, pepperoni and peppers that threw me off too.  If I ordered this and got the 6 pieces of sausage id be a little peeved, lol.

But, how does it taste?  How is that sauce?
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,836

• Options

The amount of cheese looks great its the identity crisis of sausage, pepperoni and peppers that threw me off too.  If I ordered this and got the 6 pieces of sausage id be a little peeved, lol.

Fucking. Delicious. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Fucking. Delicious. 
    lol, describe further please!
  • Options
    edited February 22

Fucking. Delicious. 
    How much detail do you want? It's a pizza. Crust was crunchy.. Sauce and cheese ratio could've been slightly better....a smidge less cheese would've been perfection. Sauce was great. Sweet but didn't overwhelm. Played it's supporting role expertly. Ton of flavor in the sausage and pep. Love me some roasted peppers. I'd eat this every day if it wouldn't kill me.

7.5/10
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Fucking. Delicious. 
    How much detail do you want? It's a pizza. Crust was crunchy.. Sauce and cheese ratio could've been slightly better....a smidge less cheese would've been perfection. Sauce was great. Sweet but didn't overwhelm. Played it's supporting role expertly. Ton of flavor in the sausage and pep. Love me some roasted peppers. I'd eat this every day if it wouldn't kill me.

7.5/10
    The dough, sauce and cheese combo when you bite in is what I look for.  Having that New Park slice this weekend really made me remember what a good slice tastes like.
  • Options
    edited February 22
    Imagine if pizza was good for you though....

I want to live in that world. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Fucking. Delicious. 

7.5/10
    The dough, sauce and cheese combo when you bite in is what I look for.  Having that New Park slice this weekend really made me remember what a good slice tastes like.
    NewPark ……. Top tier man. Growing up we’d roll a fat one and take a ride on the belt parkway, devour a pie and then head straight back to Bensonhurst. Good times. I make sure I go there a few times a year. It’s worth the ride. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

Fucking. Delicious. 

7.5/10
    NewPark ……. Top tier man. Growing up we’d roll a fat one and take a ride on the belt parkway, devour a pie and then head straight back to Bensonhurst. Good times. I make sure I go there a few times a year. It’s worth the ride. 
    I was told by a local that DaVinos is actually better than New Park.  Didn't have the chance to try it because NP was right next door to us so we sprung for that.  New Park has always been a good spot to go to.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    nicknyr15 said:

Fucking. Delicious. 

7.5/10

Not sure how being on the Belt would = good times ;)
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    It's frozen...but the Motor City double pepperoni pizza (got it at Costco) is the best frozen pizza that I've ever had.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Fucking. Delicious. 

7.5/10

Haaaaa! When you’re young with nowhere to be and high as fuck with newpark at the end of the drive, it’s a good time. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Get_Right said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Fucking. Delicious. 

7.5/10

Haaaaa! When you’re young with nowhere to be and high as fuck with newpark at the end of the drive, it’s a good time. 

Been there. Just glad someone had a car for the night! Good times, and for us in CT, it was Mickey Ds.
  • Options

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    nicknyr15 said:

Hells yes!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Yeah that looks good.

I gotta get the ol' Ooni out. Been a while. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,236

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    Bet that tastes good....but you gotta chuckle when the pepp is all over some spots and none on others.  Happens too often!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Yea don’t know if it’s my driving it back or they ran out finishing it

it was good, place has nice balance on the sauce, crust is airy

friday pizza always tastes better
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    It's frozen...but the Motor City double pepperoni pizza (got it at Costco) is the best frozen pizza that I've ever had.
    I remembered this post whole at Costco today, loading the freezer with giant packs of organic meats...ridiculously sized organic frozen fruits,frozen veggies, and Motor City Double Pepp.  ;)
    Gonna try tonight.  I have a bunch of amazing pizza already frozen as leftovers but was curious to take this for a spin.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited March 2
    I can vouch for that motor city pizza

had one around Xmas, it is really good, crispy & soft at the same time

def doesn’t taste like frozen 
  • Options
    Is the costco membership worth it? I have gone off and on over the last 15 years.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    Is the costco membership worth it? I have gone off and on over the last 15 years.
    I use someone elses

moter city pizza also found @ Lidl and I think other places