Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,521
    Bet that tastes good....but you gotta chuckle when the pepp is all over some spots and none on others.  Happens too often!
    looks damn good.

as for the pepperoni placement…..slacker “work ethic.”
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    Get_Right said:
    Is the costco membership worth it? I have gone off and on over the last 15 years.
    Definitely....for us.  And, when I lived in CA and they sold booze there it was Moreno.
    For me, it is the organic meat.  Can get chicken and bunch of ways....whole birds, breaststroke, drums, wings, thighs, and breasts.  3 packs of each....way (way) cheaper than in the store.  Same thing with beef, and the steaks are much better than anything other than Wegmans or Whole Foods as far as grocery store steaks.  (Butcher still rules)
    Same for frozen fruit and veg.

For organic stuff the standard grocery has weak options,especially at bulk.  And Costco meat is quality.

The impulse buys and 3 quart condiment jars are there if you like them.

I fucking hate going there.  America, on fire.  Obese people pushing huge carts, blocking every other aisle so they can get free sample of food they shouldn't be eating.
    Value for the membership is awesome.

Oh, and the hot dogs are still a steal on the way out.  $65 bucks is made back on the first trip vs buying what we eat at a normal store. 

I go once every few months and load the freezer.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    Also, the Motor City Pizza was pretty darn good.  I don't know it to be the best frozen ever but has to be right up there.  I enjoyed eating it.  Wish it came in smaller servings but my son will enjoy leftovers as lunch for a few days.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,836

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,172
    That looks good!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    Looks delish Nick!  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,860
    k, I've seen people criticize pineapple on a pizza, even some weirdos saying chicken don't belong. But when I see shredded head lettuce, or spinach on a pizza? BARFORAMA
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    I can get down with spinach on a white pizza every now and then. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Agree, spinach on white is a very common thing.
    More common, that I see in NJ, than chicken or pineapple.  
    I like the BBQ chicken pizza, but I know it is a CA invention.  Have had many I've liked.
    I strongly dislike the Hawaiian pizza...pineapple and ham.  
    Others can have it, doesn't bother me.
    I've never had lettuce on an actual pizza.  Wpuld guess it is bad but I don't know.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    never had spinach on pizza but would try it.
    Pineapple on pizza is actually delish.  BBQ chicken pizza is legit, chicken cutlet pizza is double legit.  Salad on pizza is no bueno in my book.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I've had a cutlet pizza before. Actually I think spinach might've been on that, could've rabe though. Solid.

I am a NO on BBQ chicken pizza. Buff chicken pizza? Meh... Pineapple? Hell no. 

Lettuce would go on a taco pizza, which I've only ever had when ordered for me as part of a work lunch or something. It can be good, depending on who makes it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,236
    I’ve posted chicken Caesar slice in the past… it’s really good

if you don’t think of it as pizza, u might enjoy… place I go to use focaccia crust, eat with fork n knife and lil dressing
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,172
    I’ve had arugula with roast garlic and prosciutto. Good!

I had a crazy pizza with goat cheese, pork tenderloin, and Caesar salad. It was not bad!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,985
    I’ve had arugula with roast garlic and prosciutto. Good!

I had a crazy pizza with goat cheese, pork tenderloin, and Caesar salad. It was not bad!
    I was going to say that there are a lot of restaurants around here that have the arugula/prosciutto pizzas. They are delicious. 
  • Options
    I like the BBQ chicken pizza, but I know it is a CA invention.  Have had many I've liked.
    I've never had lettuce on an actual pizza.  Wpuld guess it is bad but I don't know.
    I've had "greek style" pizza with spinach on it. Made it wet. didn't like. however, it was a frozen pizza, so likely the issue. Maybe I'll try it again at a restaurant. but I stand by no shredded head lettuce on pizza that I saw earlier. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,082
    I've had "greek style" pizza with spinach on it. Made it wet. didn't like. however, it was a frozen pizza, so likely the issue. Maybe I'll try it again at a restaurant. but I stand by no shredded head lettuce on pizza that I saw earlier. 
    This goes back to my taco argument.  If you put Kung Pao Chicken in a tortilla it's not a taco.  It's Kung pao chicken in a tortilla...

Eating pizzas in other states that aren't known for their pies you will dabble in unconventional toppings. California is where I first ate "Hawaiian pizza".  The toppings made it edible as the whole ensemble that represented a pizza was horrible.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,551
    This goes back to my taco argument.  If you put Kung Pao Chicken in a tortilla it's not a taco.  It's Kung pao chicken in a tortilla...

Eating pizzas in other states that aren't known for their pies you will dabble in unconventional toppings. California is where I first ate "Hawaiian pizza".  The toppings made it edible as the whole ensemble that represented a pizza was horrible.
    you know that a Greek invented the Hawaiian pizza??.. ;)
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

Aaaand this is why it's not pizza, THANK YOU, lol!
  • Options
    lol
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    edited March 7
    I love me a greek style pizza. Got a place nearby I always order from when in the mood for that kind .

I do add peperoni to it though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,492
    23scidoo said:

Pretty sure it was a Canadian who came up with the Hawaiian 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Get_Right said:
    Is the costco membership worth it? I have gone off and on over the last 15 years.
    Definitely....for us.  And, when I lived in CA and they sold booze there it was Moreno.
    For me, it is the organic meat.  Can get chicken and bunch of ways....whole birds, breaststroke, drums, wings, thighs, and breasts.  3 packs of each....way (way) cheaper than in the store.  Same thing with beef, and the steaks are much better than anything other than Wegmans or Whole Foods as far as grocery store steaks.  (Butcher still rules)
    Same for frozen fruit and veg.

For organic stuff the standard grocery has weak options,especially at bulk.  And Costco meat is quality.

The impulse buys and 3 quart condiment jars are there if you like them.

I fucking hate going there.  America, on fire.  Obese people pushing huge carts, blocking every other aisle so they can get free sample of food they shouldn't be eating.
    Value for the membership is awesome.

Oh, and the hot dogs are still a steal on the way out.  $65 bucks is made back on the first trip vs buying what we eat at a normal store. 

I go once every few months and load the freezer.

I would probably join just for the hot dogs.
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    23scidoo said:

Pretty sure it was a Canadian who came up with the Hawaiian 
    https://greekreporter.com/2023/08/26/sam-panopoulos-the-greek-inventor-of-hawaiian-pizza/
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,236
    Craving a sicilian, with that thick cheese
  • Options
    funny, I always read it was a canadian that invented hawaiian. didn't know it was a greek who lived in canada. makes sense. 

Pizza Pops were invented in Winnipeg. so THERE HAHA
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Craving a sicilian, with that thick cheese
    Lets not bring your love life in here now...

Heyoooooo!
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,877

• Options
    funny, I always read it was a canadian that invented hawaiian. didn't know it was a greek who lived in canada. makes sense. 

Is that a pizza flavored ice pop?
    Please, no!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,492
    edited March 9

Is that a pizza flavored ice pop?
    Please, no!
    No not and ice flavoured pop. They a like little mini panzarottis you stick in a microwave. Great lunch snack or late nite drunk munchie 😂 

Post edited by BLACK35 on
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2