~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    Sneaky pre-brawl :lol:

I thought you just had one kitty now (R.I.P. Beans)
    We do, though we plan on adopting a kitten before year-end. That one was from ages ago. She is missed. 
    Aw. Looking forward to pics when you do get a new lil one. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    Clown show 
    Was that a head bop? My cats do that sometimes. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390
    GlowGirl said:
    Clown show 
    Was that a head bop? My cats do that sometimes. 
    Yup, there’s no shortage of those around here. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    The attackee’s expression is always the same. 
    hedonist said:
    The attackee’s expression is always the same. 
    So true 😂

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Dancing to Christmas music?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    deadendp said:

Dancing to Christmas music?

Right?

She's fighting with a toy mouse... I'm not sure who's winning, the battles are intense sometimes.

Was she a kitten there? Because that’s a spotted kitten belly if I’ve ever seen one (and I have seen plenty, mister).
    hedonist said:
    Was she a kitten there? Because that’s a spotted kitten belly if I’ve ever seen one (and I have seen plenty, mister).
    No, that’s 4 years after we adopted them, and they estimated she was 3 or 4 at that time, so she’s a ‘grown up’ there. But in reality they’re just big babies; Alice isn’t normally this active, she’s kind of lazy. Chains is an eternal kitten. ❤️ making the bed with her is the greatest thing in the world.

hedonist said:
    No, that’s 4 years after we adopted them, and they estimated she was 3 or 4 at that time, so she’s a ‘grown up’ there. But in reality they’re just big babies; Alice isn’t normally this active, she’s kind of lazy. Chains is an eternal kitten. ❤️ making the bed with her is the greatest thing in the world.

Looks like she is grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

Those dilated pupils look like an attack is imminent. 
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    GlowGirl said:
    Move over Frank Sinatra. Tristan is the new Ol Blue Eyes in town. 

So gorgeous!
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
    Loving all the photos and posts.
    Here is my lump of love ...

"Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."

As. Sweet. Looks so content and comfy. 

Very pretty! What’s his/her name?
    hedonist said:

Thanks. She is Juniper McCready. She was already named Juniper when I adopted her. But I added McCready in honour of PJ and her personality reminds me of Mike ... friendly and kind, but a little goofy. 
    hedonist said:

Thanks. She is Juniper McCready. She was already named Juniper when I adopted her. But I added McCready in honour of PJ and her personality reminds me of Mike ... friendly and kind, but a little goofy. 
    Love it. 
    edited August 2020
    hedonist said:

Love the name Juniper. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on

Leia! The light does such a cool number on her eye color(s).
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Annie's latest vegetarian craving:  Steamed corn on the cob.  She smelled it cooking, cried for some to eat, I sliced off several kernels, blew on them 'till cool, she wolfed them down!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

hedonist said:
    Leia! The light does such a cool number on her eye color(s).
    I promise that unlike our previous cat, Leia's eyes are really both the same color-- green! 
    deadendp said:

She is beautiful. Love the green eyes. Which one is closer to the real color - since I assume the light is playing tricks with them.

brianlux said:
    Annie's latest vegetarian craving:  Steamed corn on the cob.  She smelled it cooking, cried for some to eat, I sliced off several kernels, blew on them 'till cool, she wolfed them down!
    George is frightened of corn cobs.

And other random, unimposing items in our home.

Damn scaredy-cat.
    edited August 2020
    GlowGirl said:
    deadendp said:

She is beautiful. Love the green eyes. Which one is closer to the real color - since I assume the light is playing tricks with them.
    The left is the true color. (Meaning her left.)

Post edited by deadendp on
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

Damn scaredy-cat.
    I don’t know about corn cobs but my cat Tristan  goes crazy for corn husks. It is like catnip to him. I don’t let him eat them but he drives me crazy trying to get at them when I am peeling them off the corn cob. He generally goes nuts around most greenery. The only one I let him eat is lettuce. He loves lettuce. Since so many plants can be toxic to cats all of my houseplants are either hanging or are on high shelves. Otherwise he would eat them up. Same with flowers. Nutty cat. My other cat looks at me like I am crazy when I try to give her lettuce. 
    deadendp said:
    GlowGirl said:
    deadendp said:

The left is the true color. (Meaning her left.)

Green eyes and black fur is a gorgeous combo. Cats have really interesting eye colors - blues, greens, and golds. So intense. 
    GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

Damn scaredy-cat.
    I don’t know about corn cobs but my cat Tristan  goes crazy for corn husks. It is like catnip to him. I don’t let him eat them but he drives me crazy trying to get at them when I am peeling them off the corn cob. He generally goes nuts around most greenery. The only one I let him eat is lettuce. He loves lettuce. Since so many plants can be toxic to cats all of my houseplants are either hanging or are on high shelves. Otherwise he would eat them up. Same with flowers. Nutty cat. My other cat looks at me like I am crazy when I try to give her lettuce. 
    Roses petals! Though just a few nibbles otherwise it ain’t pretty. 

Beans loved them. 

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    The best place for a cat to take a nap?  Why, a dreadnought guitar case, of course!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.