Sneaker Head Kicks Collectors Page "All Sneaker Talk"

Comments

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,203
    Got these today and love them. By far the best variation they’ve done on the Grape and will more than hold me over until the next OG retro. 

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,960
    RiotZact said:
    Got these today and love them. By far the best variation they’ve done on the Grape and will more than hold me over until the next OG retro. 

Lawdy that is a lot o grape!  Bold kicks that will look great in jeans too.

Is there 3m on the tongue?  It looks like a flash was used so I am curious.
    RiotZact said:

Yep! That’s with the lights off and the flash on. 
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

How cool is it that Tinker added that 3m to the shoe so when the flash bulbs went off the sneaker would pop.

If you never went into Hatfields resume you should.  I think he made Nike what they are.
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

How cool is it that Tinker added that 3m to the shoe so when the flash bulbs went off the sneaker would pop.

If you never went into Hatfields resume you should.  I think he made Nike what they are.
    Oh yeah! I love the story of how Jordan was ready to walk away from Nike but then they unveiled Tinker’s design for the III to him and he did a complete 180. 
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

Oh yeah! I love the story of how Jordan was ready to walk away from Nike but then they unveiled Tinker’s design for the III to him and he did a complete 180. 
    The Jumpman or the elephant print got him?  I say it was the print, lol!
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

Both so iconic. I can’t remember if that was the OG design with the swoosh he was shown or not. Even with the swoosh it was so much better than the II. 
    And I actually don’t mind the II.
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

Both so iconic. I can’t remember if that was the OG design with the swoosh he was shown or not. Even with the swoosh it was so much better than the II. 
    I remember Tinker saying it was the Jumpman logo that did it.
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

All for people to bitch 30 years later for putting that very logo on the back of the shoes instead of “Nike Air” 😂 
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

All for people to bitch 30 years later for putting that very logo on the back of the shoes instead of “Nike Air” 😂 
    Then finally the did with the 88 iii's.  Quite a few more have had it now.

I liked seeing the two different because u could see who was rocking OG's.
    Decided to pass up the Rage Green Is yesterday and the alternate Bel-Airs today 😔. Liked them both a lot but I need to get the Reebok Question Mids Red Suede Toe next week and then there are several Jordan’s I want more coming out in September. 
    Dropping at midnight! I don’t love the Questions but the red suede on these really pops and I love the story behind them. They were originally released in a limited run of 5,000 with the suede toe, but then they switched to the more recognizable pearlized red leather for the mass release. I also love the blue accents on the Reebok logos, will make these great to wear to Sixer’s games. 

RiotZact said:
    Dropping at midnight! I don’t love the Questions but the red suede on these really pops and I love the story behind them. They were originally released in a limited run of 5,000 with the suede toe, but then they switched to the more recognizable pearlized red leather for the mass release. I also love the blue accents on the Reebok logos, will make these great to wear to Sixer’s games. 

That's an Iverson shoe!
    RiotZact said:

That's an Iverson shoe!
    Yep! The OG colorway that predates the OG colorway! I wonder if he ever actually wore the suede ones on court. I’m guessing not or they would be promoting that. 
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:

That's an Iverson shoe!
    Yep! The OG colorway that predates the OG colorway! I wonder if he ever actually wore the suede ones on court. I’m guessing not or they would be promoting that. 
    As much as I loved Iverson I could never wear his kicks...  I wore a few pair of reeboks for biking and I tore them up quick so Nike for me.
    Check out Lebrons feet.  He is wearing his VII MVP shoe.  I had a chance to buy these, they were never released btw, and I passed.  They go for over a G now.

If they retro these I would be Very Very happy.
    Nike LeBron 7 MVP 2020
    They did retro them.  Apparently I missed the damn QS!

Off to ebay...
    Scored the Questions!!! Only took an hour of refreshing and adding to the cart and having my card rejected. That’s the sneaker game though. 
    RiotZact said:
    Scored the Questions!!! Only took an hour of refreshing and adding to the cart and having my card rejected. That’s the sneaker game though. 
    I once was online for 4 hours purchasing the concords when they came out in 09.

Congrats on your pick up!

Can't wait to see pics.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,928
    Tried for the Dunk Low Samba a few minutes ago.  Struck out as usual.  So dumb with the bot game.  Don't even know why I bother.  As a lifelong Cubs fan, these would be awesome to have as the colors are perfect.  Oh well...
    bbiggs said:
    Tried for the Dunk Low Samba a few minutes ago.  Struck out as usual.  So dumb with the bot game.  Don't even know why I bother.  As a lifelong Cubs fan, these would be awesome to have as the colors are perfect.  Oh well...
    Had a reminder.  Forgot about them.  Sold out.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,928
    Yep.  I was on it the second they dropped.  Really like that shoe, but never stood a chance.  Bummer.
    Yeah IMO it’s so lame that buying and reselling is such an accepted practice in the sneaker community. People making YouTube videos about how to set up the best bot system and giving advice on the resell market to help out their fellow scammers. 
    RiotZact said:
    Yeah IMO it’s so lame that buying and reselling is such an accepted practice in the sneaker community. People making YouTube videos about how to set up the best bot system and giving advice on the resell market to help out their fellow scammers. 
    New school hustle my man.
    RiotZact said:
    The kind of thing that would get you shanked in the PJ community. 
    RiotZact said:
    RiotZact said:
    The kind of thing that would get you shanked in the PJ community. 
    hahahahahaah!!!  Because we are all old in here!
    Just found out that I won a copy of this magazine! Supposedly there’s only 75 print copies made and some are randomly signed by Iverson so fingers crossed! 

And on the same day I won the magazine the shoes showed up! I’m digging them a lot more than I thought I would actually.

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,418
    Is there any strategy to scoring Nikes upon first release?  I use the Nike SNKRS app, but haven't had any luck the few times I tried.