so really...best cheese steak in Philly is????

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    mcgruff10 said:
    I’d rub long hot mayo all over my body 
    I puke at the sight of mayo.  Can’t do it. That stuff should be illegal.  Zero reason for mayo. The fact that I typed mayo so many times makes my stomach uneasy.    
    Same with me mcgruff.

I won't say what I call it when I see mayo. 
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Okay so I went a little overboard this week. We went to IKEA in Conshohocken And I found this place that’s famous for their “Tiger Steak” which is beef, chicken, bacon, and American cheese all mixed together. It was really fucking good. Also, I’d never had bacon on a cheesesteak before this week and now I’ve had it on 3 in the last 5 days 😂. 

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited June 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    I puke at the sight of mayo.  Can’t do it. That stuff should be illegal.  Zero reason for mayo. The fact that I typed mayo so many times makes my stomach uneasy.    
    You're a food fraud. Mayo has it's place. Never too much. But just enough is always fine with me. 

mayo. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    RiotZact said:
    Okay so I went a little overboard this week. We went to IKEA in Conshohocken And I found this place that’s famous for their “Tiger Steak” which is beef, chicken, bacon, and American cheese all mixed together. It was really fucking good. Also, I’d never had bacon on a cheesesteak before this week and now I’ve had it on 3 in the last 5 days 😂. 

Someone is indulging this week 😉
    RiotZact said:

What place in Conshy is this from?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    RiotZact said:

You're gonna need a bigger belt.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Yeah I hope you have some exercise going , or a super high metabolism
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    RiotZact said:

What place in Conshy is this from?
    Masterpeace Grill. 
    Believe it or not I actually haven’t gained any weight this week. I do need to start exercising more though cus this shit can’t be great for the arteries and such. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    RiotZact said:
    Believe it or not I actually haven’t gained any weight this week. I do need to start exercising more though cus this shit can’t be great for the arteries and such. 
    My brother could eat like this every day and not gain a pound either.
    Lucky!  (But yes, your heart still would probably appreciate some help....lol)

I love this thread and seeing all of the sammies.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    RiotZact said:

That's kinda like me. I think i've been about the weight since high school. I guess good metabolism and genes.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    RiotZact said:

That's kinda like me. I think i've been about the weight since high school. I guess good metabolism and genes.

Having met you I would say that you and my brother are indeed about the same body type.  

Lots of things to celebrate as far as that goes - donuts and pie every day!  ;)
    American with for the wife

Roast pork with sharp prov, rabe, and long hots fo yo Juggler

Dinics

chinese-happy.jpg
    Those look great
    🤤 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    mcgruff10 said:
    Love mayo...it brings it all together
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    mcgruff10 said:
    I love mayo. But I don't like it on red meat. I never put it on burgers or steak sandwiches. Ketchup all the way for those.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    MF117973 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I love mayo. But I don't like it on red meat. I never put it on burgers or steak sandwiches. Ketchup all the way for those.

I prefer mayo over ketchup on burgers...but I don't mind a little ketchup.  Mayo can make an overcooked burger edible.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    MF117973 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You're missing out. A real thin layer on the bun for a burger is great. You can still put ketchup and mustard on it too 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    edited June 2020
    ketchup + mayo = shack sauce, YUM
    I prefer horsey sauce on my cheese steaks, mayo+horseradish
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Am I the only one who puts bbq sauce on a burger?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    Am I the only one who puts bbq sauce on a burger?
    I have for sure! Especially with bacon and a strong cheddar. 

I only like mayo if it’s mixed with something else, like a chipotle mayo or an aioli of some kind. When I was a kid I used to ask my great grandma to make me mayo toast and I think I ate so much of it that I eventually grew sick of mayo. 
    MF117973 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I prefer mayo over ketchup on burgers...but I don't mind a little ketchup.  Mayo can make an overcooked burger edible.
    For me nothing can do that.  Overcooked meat is a fucking travesty.
    Not a cheesesteak but got a new sandwich that Poe’s is offering. It’s called the Gabbygool:

Chicken cutlet, homemade fresh mozzarella, hot “gabagool” capicola, roasted red peppers and arugula with lemon garlic aioli and balsamic reduction

Sounds/looks good.  Tony would approve
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Friggen love chicken cutlet sandwiches. That looks good.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    RiotZact said:
    Not a cheesesteak but got a new sandwich that Poe’s is offering. It’s called the Gabbygool:

Chicken cutlet, homemade fresh mozzarella, hot “gabagool” capicola, roasted red peppers and arugula with lemon garlic aioli and balsamic reduction

That sandwich looks and sounds incredible.  Love the name lol

Daaaaamn riotzack.  Looks delish!! I love cutlets with fresh mozzarella.  
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Do you guys have italian beef sandwiches out east or is it just cheese steaks? 
    bbiggs said:
    Do you guys have italian beef sandwiches out east or is it just cheese steaks? 
    I think the equivalent would be a French dip out here but I could be mistaken.