Pearl Jam 2020 European Tour Postponed

Comments

• BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,130
    Just now had an email from OE.ticket on the day of the Vienna gig telling me it's indefinitely postponed but they're working on a replacement date. Great comms.
    Just got the same no refund option
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Me as well.  It’s shameful how this has been handled.  I do really like my particular ticket but it’s going to depend on the new dates.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    kst said:
    Me as well.  It’s shameful how this has been handled.  I do really like my particular ticket but it’s going to depend on the new dates.

Hopefully the new dates work the reason I didn't get this with my other 10C tickets is because the original date may not have worked out but it would have so hope the new one does 
  • killcropkillcrop Posts: 10
    It's disappointing that we haven't heard a response from the band. Holding money indefinitely is not cool. We not just cancel? 
    I dont mind waiting till the new dates are announced im sure 10c tickets will be fine just a bit worried about Vienna as its not a 10c ticket for me
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Budapest trip would have been coming up soon... 😭
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    I’d be flying tomorrow to Prague to start my trip. Hopefully next year. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    I was looking forward to travelling to Dam next week and hooking up with Mr Paiva all the way from Miami........

hopefully next year. Each year that passes makes me anxious its another year not available to see the band as they get older. Must pack the dates in on the next tour. 

I dread PJ ever pulling an REM on us
  • southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    pdalowsky said:
    I was looking forward to travelling to Dam next week and hooking up with Mr Paiva all the way from Miami........

hopefully next year. Each year that passes makes me anxious its another year not available to see the band as they get older. Must pack the dates in on the next tour. 

Was looking forward to it to Paul. I had London, Krakov, Budapest and Amsterdam. Hope I get to see them again in the not too distant future....as I too am not getting any younger. I share a birth year with Ed. 

rustedsigns
  • AponeApone Posts: 575
    pdalowsky said:

I try not to think about this possibility!

Would have been London today, then off to Krakow and Buda next week for me.  Fingers crossed for 2021
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    edited July 2020
    If you choose the voucher Swissair expects you to book a new flight by August 31st... thanks for nothing I guess.
    They give you a 50 CHF reduction with it. I‘d rather not take the reduction and be able to book later.

And now I’m really confused because just below is a second voucher that sounds identical but gives you way longer to book a new flight. Does anybody have any more info?

ok, there seems to be a different rule for the 50 CHF discount voucher and the regular flight value voucher. Hopefully. I maybe shouldn’t have done this before my morning coffee :tongue: 
    Post edited by JPPJ84 on
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    JPPJ84 said:
    If you choose the voucher Swissair expects you to book a new flight by August 31st... thanks for nothing I guess.
    They give you a 50 CHF reduction with it. I‘d rather not take the reduction and be able to book later.

And now I’m really confused because just below is a second voucher that sounds identical but gives you way longer to book a new flight. Does anybody have any more info?
    Ive hounded swiss with emails looking for a refund. They claimed my flight out was a delayed flight and kept telling me refunds were only possible with cancelled flights. Thanked me for understanding and all that bull. However, the late flight they were putting me on was a different flight with a different flight number. Therefore not a delayed flight but a cancellation. I pointed this out and and told them i dont understand this. Got a reply that they would send my claim forward for the refund.
    Kearnsy
    Kearn5y said:
    JPPJ84 said:

Ive hounded swiss with emails looking for a refund. They claimed my flight out was a delayed flight and kept telling me refunds were only possible with cancelled flights. Thanked me for understanding and all that bull. However, the late flight they were putting me on was a different flight with a different flight number. Therefore not a delayed flight but a cancellation. I pointed this out and and told them i dont understand this. Got a reply that they would send my claim forward for the refund.
    Bud-Zur and my flight home to Hamburg haven’t been cancelled so no refund for me. Good luck with yours!
    Oh man... now I‘ve gotten an email thanking me for applying for the voucher. Now all I have to do is register and do it AGAIN. I hate Swissair
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    JPPJ84 said:
    Oh man... now I‘ve gotten an email thanking me for applying for the voucher. Now all I have to do is register and do it AGAIN. I hate Swissair
    Shit! Going to call them tomorrow to see what they can do for me with the Budapest to Zurich flight. Crazy we are supposed to be in Europe right now. 
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    pdalowsky said:

Was looking forward to it to Paul. I had London, Krakov, Budapest and Amsterdam. Hope I get to see them again in the not too distant future....as I too am not getting any younger. I share a birth year with Ed. 

You can be sure on a beer my friend when it does happen. It would be a pleasure to get you a pint in and see how life has been treating you
    JPPJ84 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    JPPJ84 said:

Bud-Zur and my flight home to Hamburg haven’t been cancelled so no refund for me. Good luck with yours!
    Have they been rescheduled?
    Kearnsy
    Kearn5y said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    JPPJ84 said:

The Bud flight by only 20 minutes. 
    JPPJ84 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    JPPJ84 said:

The Bud flight by only 20 minutes. 
    Bummer. 
    Kearnsy
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Today.. Krakow..shit..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    pdalowsky said:
    pdalowsky said:

You can be sure on a beer my friend when it does happen. It would be a pleasure to get you a pint in and see how life has been treating you
    Thanks mate! Will have to have that beer when we do get to see the band again. 

Would have been in Krakov tonight.....
    rustedsigns
  • FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207
    Kearn5y said:
    JPPJ84 said:

Just off the phone to Swiss Air and they are refunding our flight home that was cancelled (even though they said it was only rescheduled). They were nice to deal with on the phone TBF.  So the only flight we lost out on was Ryanair London to Krakow. It's some dose not being on tour right now :( 
    I procastinated with the Swissair flight from Budapest to Zurich hoping it would be cancelled but it had not. I called them today and it took 5 minutes total to talk to someone and get a credit for next year. I have to book before June 30 2021 and the date can be after that. Pretty easy experience now lets get that tour to happen!
    PJNB said:
    I procastinated with the Swissair flight from Budapest to Zurich hoping it would be cancelled but it had not. I called them today and it took 5 minutes total to talk to someone and get a credit for next year. I have to book before June 30 2021 and the date can be after that. Pretty easy experience now lets get that tour to happen!
    Is your credit in Hungarian currency as well? Mine is, even though I paid in CHF. May have to call them about it 
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJNB said:
    Is your credit in Hungarian currency as well? Mine is, even though I paid in CHF. May have to call them about it 
    Does it matter? Odd way to do it but I assume it is because of the city I was departing from. 
    PJNB said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJNB said:
    Does it matter? Odd way to do it but I assume it is because of the city I was departing from. 
    I hope it doesn’t. I was just imagining them not accepting the credit for a potentially different route
    edited July 2020
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJNB said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJNB said:
    I hope it doesn’t. I was just imagining them not accepting the credit for a potentially different route
    Ya good thinking. I should have asked that. Fingers crossed we will not have to worry about that and this time next summer Euro is a go just 1 year later. I do worry a bit about Budapest not getting a show though. Sales were not the best. I hope I am wrong as Budapest looks like an amazing place to see. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    And the new dates will be announced in 3 ... 2....1....ugh.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/507946-lollapalooza-co-founder-predicts-no-concerts-until-2022

Count me in the camp that 2021 is a bust.  Hope I am wrong.  Hopefully if Europe has concerts again the USA isn’t so damn far behind that Americans can’t travel there.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    And the new dates will be announced in 3 ... 2....1....ugh.
    That’s about right.  3-2-1 happy new year 2021! Watch for dates to be announced in January!
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
This discussion has been closed.