Pearl Jam 2020 European Tour Postponed

Comments

• Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 235
    Now I just need the Swiss one to Zurich to cancel - fingers crossed!

LOT are offering a refund if you dont want the voucher (or voucher gifted to someone else) or the rebook with extra credit option - but it might be a long wait for the money
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,129
    LOT seem to be handling it better than the other airlines I've had cancelled so far 
  • weremin23weremin23 Posts: 307
    Amazing that I can get refunded by an airline before Ohana Festival, or any other PJ Europe tickets. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    What is the majority here doing with the Lot flight? Just getting a refund? Is there any benefit to the other options for someone that would just be looking to do the same flight with Lot next year and probably never fly with them in the foreseeable future?
  • weremin23weremin23 Posts: 307
    PJNB said:
    What is the majority here doing with the Lot flight? Just getting a refund? Is there any benefit to the other options for someone that would just be looking to do the same flight with Lot next year and probably never fly with them in the foreseeable future?
    Refund. It’s the last option to choose.
    PJNB said:
    Waiting for now for rescheduled dates flights can be changed up to 1 year from booking
  • one_stoneone_stone Posts: 291
    edited June 2020
    PJNB said:
    Waiting for now for rescheduled dates flights can be changed up to 1 year from booking
    I was also thinking/tempted about the option which offered the additional 200 PLN for future booking as I am sure I'll use them next year if the tour gets rescheduled. I finally opted for refund exactly because I can't see me flying with LOT in the forseeable future again other than this flight which is "already payed" if I use the tickets from the cancelled one. So I would never use the 200 PLN bonus. And the only drawback of a refund is that it might take a bit longer which I don't see as an issue.
    Post edited by one_stone on
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    JPPJ84 said:
    Our PJ Express flight has just been cancelled 
    Great..will take momey back??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    The dates for the euros have now been confirmed for next year if anybody was planning on combining that with the tour. Hope tour dates don't end up clashing with games I have tickets for 
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    23scidoo said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    There’s a refund option at the very end of the email, yes
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    JPPJ84 said:
    23scidoo said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    There’s a refund option at the very end of the email, yes
    Cool, thank you..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Folks with Swiss Air flights from BUD to ZUR, have you done anything with them yet, or sitting tight until they change / cancel the flight? I'm assuming since so many of us booked this they are currently looking at a full flight and thinking they will go ahead, not realising that not one of us will be there for it. Can't see any option to do anything now other than take a flight voucher that is probably useless...
    Folks with Swiss Air flights from BUD to ZUR, have you done anything with them yet, or sitting tight until they change / cancel the flight? I'm assuming since so many of us booked this they are currently looking at a full flight and thinking they will go ahead, not realising that not one of us will be there for it. Can't see any option to do anything now other than take a flight voucher that is probably useless...
    It’s still a month away so I’m hoping they’ll cancel. I‘ll wait until a week before until I cancel myself or try and get a voucher
    Folks with Swiss Air flights from BUD to ZUR, have you done anything with them yet, or sitting tight until they change / cancel the flight? I'm assuming since so many of us booked this they are currently looking at a full flight and thinking they will go ahead, not realising that not one of us will be there for it. Can't see any option to do anything now other than take a flight voucher that is probably useless...
    I am waiting it out and leaving it for another couple of weeks I think. As long as you cancel a flight within 24hrs of departure there is still plenty of time. Hoping that this does get cancelled but if not I will take the voucher  
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    edited June 2020
    I am waiting it out for hotel Swiss too. 

So far I have been doing ok with refunds. Just got hit with a no refund from Hotwire though for my stay in Budapest. The hotel is not offering a refund. I get that I booked a nonrefundable room but you would think times like this and government bailouts happening plus a good customer service look they would be giving one out since I am not even allowed to leave my province let alone country. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684

I wouldn’t count on Swiss Air playing ball. They rescheduled my flight by 8 hours later, asking me to agree or disagree, then to contact customer services to reschedule on another flight, which there is none available anyway. No acknowledgment that they are in breach of EU regulations and that Im entitled to a refund. Still waiting for them to come back to me.

Kearnsy
  • I live in Switzerland and travel between Schengen nations is open as of June 15 in Switzerland.  The BUD to ZUR flight will not get canceled.  I was scheduled to be on that flight and I called Swiss Air yesterday.  You can request a refund without a change fee or take the flight credit along with 50 CHF voucher.  I opted for the credit and voucher since I will take some flight before the end of the year.  You should not count on Swiss Air doing anything to assist you.  I fly them all the time for work and they are a terrible airline.  Be prepared to sit on hold for a long time when calling to reach a customer support representative. 
    9/1-2/2000 - Camden, NJ
    4/26/2003 - Pittsburgh, PA
    4/28/2003 - Philadelphia, PA
    5/3/2003 - State College, PA
    10/3/2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    5/27-28/2006 - Camden, NJ
    8/5/2007 - Chicago, IL (Lollapalooza)
    I live in Switzerland and travel between Schengen nations is open as of June 15 in Switzerland.  The BUD to ZUR flight will not get canceled.  I was scheduled to be on that flight and I called Swiss Air yesterday.  You can request a refund without a change fee or take the flight credit along with 50 CHF voucher.  I opted for the credit and voucher since I will take some flight before the end of the year.  You should not count on Swiss Air doing anything to assist you.  I fly them all the time for work and they are a terrible airline.  Be prepared to sit on hold for a long time when calling to reach a customer support representative. 
    Thanks for the heads up. So the voucher has to be used by the end of the year or you have to fly by the end of the year? 
  • JABKJABK Finland Posts: 293
    PJNB said:
    I live in Switzerland and travel between Schengen nations is open as of June 15 in Switzerland.  The BUD to ZUR flight will not get canceled.  I was scheduled to be on that flight and I called Swiss Air yesterday.  You can request a refund without a change fee or take the flight credit along with 50 CHF voucher.  I opted for the credit and voucher since I will take some flight before the end of the year.  You should not count on Swiss Air doing anything to assist you.  I fly them all the time for work and they are a terrible airline.  Be prepared to sit on hold for a long time when calling to reach a customer support representative. 
    Thanks for the heads up. So the voucher has to be used by the end of the year or you have to fly by the end of the year? 
    Air Baltic's voucher has to be used by 31.12.2021, so I guess that's the case with other airlines also?
    JABK said:
    PJNB said:
    Air Baltic's voucher has to be used by 31.12.2021, so I guess that's the case with other airlines also?
    They are all different Ryanair and easyjet are 12 months from issue but that's for booking the flights can be later 
    Annoyingly every airline is different- they are bane of my travel agent life. Some like Emirates and indeed LOT are being amazing and super helpful whereas others are being stingy. Thanks for heads up re Swiss too-  I will contact them for sure next week.

PJNB - for your hotel issues- in UK/EU we have a chargeback protection for payments of goods/services paid using credit/debit. If the hotel booker is refusing to refund you could also go to your bank/cc company and ask them to recoup money but im not sure if there is something similar in Canada/US - i would imagine there is though.

This advice applies to anyone who is waiting for refunds- companies do not like chargebacks sent to them so they will try to avoid that wherever possible. If they still dont refund then its the best way to get your money back.  Travel insurance also may cover especially if anyone has an annual policy that was in place prior to covid19 as if government restrictions stop you going you should be entitled to refunds or at least credit valid for next year.

Fingers crossed people start getting their money back
  • EMC77EMC77 Almería, Spain Posts: 123
    I got cancelled flights with Ryainair and Air wings. Ryanair said they'll refund when the coronavirus crisis is over... 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Air Wings offered me a voucher that I didn't accept, they didn't answer any of the 2 complaints I've made...
    EMC77 said:
    I got cancelled flights with Ryainair and Air wings. Ryanair said they'll refund when the coronavirus crisis is over... 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Air Wings offered me a voucher that I didn't accept, they didn't answer any of the 2 complaints I've made...
    if the airline cancel your flight they have to give you a refund legally. it might take longer to process because this situation has had such a huge impact but nonetheless keep pushing for it and if the airline does not play ball — speak to your bank or credit card company to get them to do the refund.

Good luck and fingers crossed
  • PJNB said:

The Swiss Air rep I spoke to said the voucher has to be used to book a flight by the end of the year.  It can be for a flight in 2021.
    9/1-2/2000 - Camden, NJ
    4/26/2003 - Pittsburgh, PA
    4/28/2003 - Philadelphia, PA
    5/3/2003 - State College, PA
    10/3/2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    5/27-28/2006 - Camden, NJ
    8/5/2007 - Chicago, IL (Lollapalooza)
  • FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207
    PJNB said:

The Swiss Air rep I spoke to said the voucher has to be used to book a flight by the end of the year.  It can be for a flight in 2021.
    Thanks for the update, I have two flights booked with Swiss Air. Even if PJ don't return to Zurich looks like we'll be going either way as the hotel is also non-refundable. I'm sure Zurich is a cool city to visit.
    Froggie said:
    PJNB said:

Thanks for the update, I have two flights booked with Swiss Air. Even if PJ don't return to Zurich looks like we'll be going either way as the hotel is also non-refundable. I'm sure Zurich is a cool city to visit.
    It’s absolutely beautiful!
  • RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    Froggie said:

Don't know what you will describe as cool but this is one cool picture of Zürich.

Onze hotels in Zrich Zwitserland  Radisson Hotels
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Any day now... 
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 479