Pearl Jam - Quick Escape

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    igotid88 said:
    Thumbs up
    Way up. I think this, Dance, and 7 are up there with their best work since Yield. 

Watched the visual thing on youtube on tv last night since I don't have apple tv. Over a month in and I am still really digging it. Didn't feel this way for the last two, that is for sure.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    igotid88 said:
    Thumbs up
    Way up. I think this, Dance, and 7 are up there with their best work since Yield. 

Watched the visual thing on youtube on tv last night since I don't have apple tv. Over a month in and I am still really digging it. Didn't feel this way for the last two, that is for sure.
    I completely agree. Those 3 songs are simply amazing.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • djjazzy276djjazzy276 Posts: 181
    cd finally arrived yesterday...and as the tour got shut down i decided the first spin of the new cd would be driving in my car. i wanted everything to be just right this time...under ultra perfect conditions(no traffic!). it was such a long long wait...just to finally put it in and hit play...i had only listened to the Dance track previously.

Quick Escape i loved instantly/massively first listen. it's got everything i look for(need) in pj. prestart to finish is freaky good. drums/bass killing it. marrakesh and kerouac get nods as does space and and the video on pj utube is wonderful   puff puff pass
    background vocals, production quality, overall groove...and that guitar solo. fuck yeah they did it!! HYPE
    Your self control is incredible. Are you by any chance a monk? No way I could have waited nearly a month to listen to the album before my physical copy arrived.
  • djjazzy276djjazzy276 Posts: 181
    igotid88 said:
    Thumbs up

Same. A month of listening regularly. In the house on vinyl, in the car or while out running. This has a replay value I just haven't felt from them in a long time. I was on the fence about ranking this next to Yield, but after a month, it's officially my favorite PJ record since then.
    igotid88 said:
    Thumbs up

Same. A month of listening regularly. In the house on vinyl, in the car or while out running. This has a replay value I just haven't felt from them in a long time. I was on the fence about ranking this next to Yield, but after a month, it's officially my favorite PJ record since then.
    Yeah I've had to force myself into going a day or two with not listening to it. lol

Good argument to be made about it being best since Yield. I at least think its worthy to be in that discussion as the last couple were not...

chinese-happy.jpg
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    IMO the best since Yield. I liken it to Yield because it is so accessible right out of the gate after only a few listens. Shit, No Code took me years to appreciate as well as Binaural and Riot Act and those records are deep and brooding and I have to be in the proper head space to fully appreciate them. Yield and Gigaton you can just put on anytime and anywhere and be blown away! 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Pearl Jam - QUICK ESCAPE ♬Chiptune Cover♬

• TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    demetrios said:

That was cool. Thanks for posting! 
    TJ25487 said:
    demetrios said:

That was cool. Thanks for posting! 

No problemo! :)
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,700
    The bass is great in this.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    edited June 2020
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    demetrios said:

What the hell did I just watch???
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    Just one quick personal opinion on mike. Hes irreplaceable in the band. If mike walked away they are done. Just imo.  Hes that important.  He gives pj that fabulous edge and hes incredibly gifted guitarist.  Juat a personal opinion. And quick escape is fabulous.  The noise it makes in the headphones.  Like a plane taking off. 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • HYPE
    Your self control is incredible. Are you by any chance a monk? No way I could have waited nearly a month to listen to the album before my physical copy arrived.
    self control comes with age. i'm a living fossil and i haven't got a lot of "new pj cd listens" in my life left...
    the wait was worth it. the traffic is light and the music is loud and i have trouble going the speed limit.

Anyone else still playing this game? http://quickescape.pearljam.com/

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,700
    This  is my favourite  song atm. The bass is killer and mikes solo live  will fucking explode.
    Great  track.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    HYPE
    self control comes with age. i'm a living fossil and i haven't got a lot of "new pj cd listens" in my life left...
    the wait was worth it. the traffic is light and the music is loud and i have trouble going the speed limit.

If you're driving over the speed limit, YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Bump! Anyone else still playing the video game over @ http://quickescape.pearljam.com/

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    demetrios said: Bump! Anyone else still playing the video game over @ http://quickescape.pearljam.com/
    Looking for Revolut Testers  - Emma News  Updates - Emma Community
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • EMC77EMC77 Almería, Spain Posts: 123
    demetrios said:
    Bump! Anyone else still playing the video game over @ http://quickescape.pearljam.com/

I'll have to. I'm out of the leaderboard now. When I got in I thought my job was done, hahaha!
    "Live debut of Quick Escape at Sea Hear Now festival in Asbury Park."

This sounded absolutely amazing at Ohana.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    This sounded absolutely amazing at Ohana.

Indeed!
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Love this track! Prob in my top 10-20 PJ tracks. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    edited September 2021
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
    edited October 2021

edited October 2021

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    ^ Superb! :rock_on:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Mike D88 said:
    Thank you for posting this. They absolutely killed it and the crowd was so into it. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    In celebration of the release of Gigaton Live (Tour Edition), Pearl Jam has released a new music video for the Gigaton track “Quick Escape”, directed by Samuel Bayer.