I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

Beefing up my Blue Note "Tone Poet" series collection. 
    Is that a new one? I didn't get an email
    The Cooker is one of the newest ones. Idk how long it's been out but it is relatively new. 
    I just picked up Introducing Kenny Burrell from Amazon for $27.  It's really good, if a little different.  Obviously guitar focused but lots of congo drums too.  Certainly lives up to the Tone Poet series. 
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    pjpjpaul said:

Loaded up on some on some Dylan during quarantine. 
    How are those mono pressings ?
    Just arrived yesterday afternoon. Have to get back to you. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

The Cooker is one of the newest ones. Idk how long it's been out but it is relatively new. 
    I just picked up Introducing Kenny Burrell from Amazon for $27.  It's really good, if a little different.  Obviously guitar focused but lots of congo drums too.  Certainly lives up to the Tone Poet series. 

How is that one?  I haven't heard it and I understand it's actually his second album.   I enjoyed seeing Kenny Burrell in a club in S.F. in around 1972.  He had already been on the scene for several years and was a well seasoned player.  Great show (other than being nervous about being on a blind date which I'd never done before.) And he's still with us which is very cool!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

How is that one?  I haven't heard it and I understand it's actually his second album.   I enjoyed seeing Kenny Burrell in a club in S.F. in around 1972.  He had already been on the scene for several years and was a well seasoned player.  Great show (other than being nervous about being on a blind date which I'd never done before.) And he's still with us which is very cool!
    The Kenny Burrell release is really good. I love his playing. I still need to grab Mignight Blue on vinyl. Apparently Analogue Productuons has a copy out now that is pretty good so I'll have to check it out.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    Yeah Brian,  it's very good quality for sure.  Great playing,  recorded in Rudy's living room.  It has a great thick, glossy gatefold with wonderful pictures from the session.  And of course if you know this Tone Poet series,  you know it's HQ.  If you're inclined to spend that much on a record,  it's worth it.  
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited June 2020

Some ”Wes Craven”-Wednesday spinning. The cover to this one looks really subpar. Like a bootleg. Poor photos and printing. And a really bad cover, coming off part 1 and 2. On the back, at least you get a shot of the nurse with Freddys head that was not used in the film and a shot of Joey tied to his bed with the blue screen still showing. 

*TEN MINUTES LATER WHEN LOOKING FOR SOME DOKKEN TO BLAST*

Ooooops! Turns out I already own the US - and less bootleg-looking - release. U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    I'm on the bidders table for an S/T QOTSA album.

Wish me luck!
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    pjpjpaul said:

I’ve made it half way through the Dylan mono set. Great sounding records. Overall a very nice set. I managed to get this new, sealed for $130.
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    pjpjpaul said:

I had the mono box and just sold it.  They are very well done and it’s a killer deal to get all of Bobs early stuff.  I upgraded to the MFSL mono releases.  They’re amazing.  If you don’t want to fork out for MFSL the mono box is a home run.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

Wish me luck!
    No
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

Sweet!!!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    dankind said:

Wish me luck!
    No
    lol, I know a candidate for #3 on that list you got going!
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258

Is that the Newbury Comics edition? I love that album
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:

Is that the Newbury Comics edition? I love that album
    The one I have is the 2017 MusicOnVinyl release. 1,500 copies. I may have used the wrong stock photo lol. 
    I don’t want to open it yet.. I have the 2010 MOV to spin already. 

edited June 2020

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

Patty Smith
    Gloria/My Generation
    UK IMPORT

Good day for you, Mickey. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Good day for you, Mickey. 
    $$$. Started with the intention of a miles title that sold before I could get there, saw kind of blue on his facebook post at the same time. he took in a sizeable jazz collection that included the used stuff you see. there were a couple other I passed on. that san fran plays great. needs cleaned but I dig it.

left the house thinking, eh I'll allow 50 on the day...... went over just a tad.

SG and AC/DC were another store.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited June 2020
    Is there a version of the Johnny Cash at San Quentin album without the beeped out swearwords (on vinyl)?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    package arrived today. pics later....

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mickeyrat said:

that's nice
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    Bingo Hand Job (R.E.M. acoustic set from 1991) 

• Underneath this smile lies everything...