AMAZON PRIME VIDEO STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    mickeyrat said:
    Tin Star -- especially season one -- was badass.  Lots to see on prime...
    where do they go for season 3, if there is one.
    there was 2 years between 1 and 2 I think.

edit, just checked imdb and season 3 this year. but imdb only shows 6 episodes right now? not 10 like the previous 2 seasons. not showing dates either. just 2020......

Have not thought about it much.  Last season was wild -- well, so was the first.
    His character is straight up bonkers.  I like it.
    me too. just stumbled across it and was in from the first episode.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    No Coder said:
    hedonist said:
    No Coder said:
    I'm knew to Amazon Prime, but am loving it so far.
    Got it purely to watch Fleabag and smashed both those seasons and LOVED it.

Have watched both Jack Ryan seasons and enjoyed that. I'm a big fan of John Krasinski, so that may have raised my rating, but was definitely a solid series.

Watched the first episode of Homecoming and not sure what to make of it. I normally really enjoy shows that are a bit different or even odd, but this definitely didn't grab me at the first episode. Is it worth continuing?
    It was an interesting plot and the acting was on point. I enjoyed watching it, but wouldn’t consider it stellar. 

I hope you discover Goliath :)
    Thanks for the tip..I'll add Goliath to my list
    Goliath is pretty good.  Really liked the first 2 seasons...season 3 was pretty weird but I still liked it.  Check out Sneaky Pete too...that's my favorite show on Prime Video.  
    Started Goliath last night and am really liking it. I was hesitant because I'm not a huge BIlly Bob fan, but he is perfect in this role.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Anyone start Hunters? https://amzn.to/2PemCgG
    I miss igotid88
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Patriot. I've probably posted this here before, but it's still good. The music in the second season was overdone and awful, but the craziness of the story is still there.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    igotid88 said:
    I’m partway through the first episode so far. Love it!
    hedonist said:
    igotid88 said:
    This is turning out to be fantastic. The opening scene of Ep 2 teared me up some. 
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    igotid88 said:
    This is turning out to be fantastic. The opening scene of Ep 2 teared me up some. 
    Wow...I did not see the end coming as it did. Looking forward to the next season (assuming there will be one). 

Also, one of my favorite lines: “The Talmud was wrong. The best revenge isn’t living well. The best revenge...is revenge.”
    New Kids in the Hall coming
    I miss igotid88
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited March 2020
    igotid88 said:
    I love Brain Candy.  Holy shit that was a funny movie

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited March 2020
    igotid88 said:

We found the guy who liked Brain Candy
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:

Watched that so many times in the first few years after it was released, stoned out of my head, laughing hysterically.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    igotid88 said:

Watched that so many times in the first few years after it was released, stoned out of my head, laughing hysterically.

It has its moments, I suppose.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Started Zerozerozero. 3 episodes in and it's pretty good.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Finished up Hunters over the weekend.  What an ending!  

Agree
    The actors were all fantastic.  I loved Lonnie Flash, and Pacino?  One of my favorite roles of his.

New Ozark on Friday!
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Agree
    Looking forward to season 2
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    hedonist said:
    The actors were all fantastic.  I loved Lonnie Flash, and Pacino?  One of my favorite roles of his.

New Ozark on Friday!

Lonnie was great.  (My wife was a devoted How I Met Your Mother fan so I have watched a lot of his comedic stuff and like old Ted Mosby/Josh Radnor)  Some of the writing and overall work in that series was about as good as you will find.  Some very moving scenes and some funny stuff, mixed in with the violence.

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    PJ_Soul said:
    Homecoming was very interesting. Perhaps not for everyone - it's got a bit of a weird, toned down, quiet vibe to it, and is a little bit weird maybe for some ... But I enjoyed it quite a bit (Julia Roberts is very good in it). And the episodes are very short, so it's a really quick binge watch.
    I saw the whole season yesterday..pretty good..renewed for second season right??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    igotid88 said:
    Saw the first episode earlier..very good..the scene with the chess was really hard..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Agree
    Looking forward to season 2
    Will be??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    New season of Bosch is fantastic as usual.  One of my favorite shows out there.  Although I just learned that season 7 next year will be the last one which is a bummer.  Thinking about starting up the whole Bosch series of books at some point...
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    New season of Bosch is fantastic as usual.  One of my favorite shows out there.  Although I just learned that season 7 next year will be the last one which is a bummer.  Thinking about starting up the whole Bosch series of books at some point...
    Season 6 was great. Sucks that season 7 is the last, seems like they could do more. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Season 6 was great. Sucks that season 7 is the last, seems like they could do more. 
    I purposely wait as long as I can so I have it to look forward to when there's not much else on. Realized that I never watched last season. Time just got away from me. Love the show and the actors,
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2020
    Watching the 4 part (?) documentary Pistorius - I'd forgotten all about Oscar Pistorius, but have now been reminded of the absolute media frenzy over him back during the Olympics and then the murder/killing. Good documentary so far, if you're into the true crime docs.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I miss igotid88
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    The Expanse basically took over my Memorial Day weekend.  Fantastic show.  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    k, just ordered a couple books off amazon (lemmy autobiography, black crowes tell all by the drummer), and it offered me a free month of prime video. Just started watching Jack Ryan. Anything else i should be looking for?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    edited June 2020
    k, just ordered a couple books off amazon (lemmy autobiography, black crowes tell all by the drummer), and it offered me a free month of prime video. Just started watching Jack Ryan. Anything else i should be looking for?
    I really liked Man in the High Castle, Catastrophe, and Fleabag. There are also a lot of good band documentaries. You can go down the rabbit hole with those. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
    There’s a long thread around here dedicated to that.