Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    Biden
    the flaw i see is "sitting this one out" is actually a vote for trump. if you do not vote against trump, and you are not working to defeat him, then you are supporting him.

trump supporters are adults. they can take criticism and they can defend their positions. for the most part anyway. i know a few that are super intelligent people and they are voting based on what their retirement is doing. i can't fault them for that. 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Biden
    to clarify, voting based on how your retirement is doing is an actual reason to support him. voting for him to own the libs is not a legit reason to vote for him.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    I'm in NY which will easily go Biden.  I refuse to put my name behind him and the current state of Democrats.  So I'm going third party or write in.  If I was in a swing state I'd give my vote to Biden only as a no vote to Trump and the Republicans.  
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    Biden
    I'm in NY which will easily go Biden.  I refuse to put my name behind him and the current state of Democrats.  So I'm going third party or write in.  If I was in a swing state I'd give my vote to Biden only as a no vote to Trump and the Republicans.  
    i think this is a great strategy. i live in MO, s swing state which is going to likely go for trump again. i can't afford to go 3rd party this time.

• EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    I'm sitting this one out
    This is where I stand.
    edited April 2020
    Biden
    i just realized that bernie backing out and letting biden have the nomination makes it official that obama can come off of the sidelines to campaign for joe. 

obama coming forward is going to be a huge boost for joe.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Biden
    to clarify, voting based on how your retirement is doing is an actual reason to support him. voting for him to own the libs is not a legit reason to vote for him.

If was retired (something I only hope to do when I die) and Trump's being president somehow made me a millionaire in my retirement, I would still vote against him. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited April 2020
    Biden
    Yeah if I was in one of those states where your voted doesn't matter, I probably wouldn't even bother voting for the president. But I'm in Pennsylvania so I have to vote for Biden just to have clear conscience. Same with 2016. I didn't really want to vote for Hillary. But I thought to myself " If Donald Fucking Trump wins Pennsylvania by ONE vote and that swings the election, I won't be able to live with myself." So I voted Hillary for president, as I will Biden. Though there is a possibility that I'll hate Biden's VP pick so much that it'll be even more annoying to have to vote for him than it was for Hillary. In fact, if he picks one of the possible running-mates that I don't like, maybe I'll just write-in Hillary for VP. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Geritol can sponsor the 2020 US Election...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Biden
    Yeah if I was in one of those states where your voted doesn't matter, I probably wouldn't even bother voting for the president. But I'm in Pennsylvania so I have to vote for Biden just to have clear conscience. Same with 2016. I didn't really want to vote for Hillary. But I thought to myself " If Donald Fucking Trump wins Pennsylvania by ONE vote and that swings the election, I won't be able to live with myself." So I voted Hillary for president, as I will Biden. Though there is a possibility that I'll hate Biden's VP pick so much that it'll be even more annoying to have to vote for him than it was for Hillary. In fact, if he picks one of the possible running-mates that I don't like, maybe I'll just write-in Hillary for VP. 
    Momentum seems to be with the governor from Michigan.  
    Biden
    i just realized that bernie backing out and letting biden have the nomination makes it official that obama can come off of the sidelines to campaign for joe. 

obama coming forward is going to be a huge boost for joe.
    And Michelle too.  Huge boost.  
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    I'd be fine with her. I know he said it'll be a woman, so that eliminates some of the men I don't care for (Beto, for example). But I just can't stand Warren and Harris so I hope it's neither of them (I think both are unlikely anyway). But yeah, I'd be all for Whitmer. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    I'm sitting this one out
    the flaw i see is "sitting this one out" is actually a vote for trump. if you do not vote against trump, and you are not working to defeat him, then you are supporting him.

trump supporters are adults. they can take criticism and they can defend their positions. for the most part anyway. i know a few that are super intelligent people and they are voting based on what their retirement is doing. i can't fault them for that. 
    I see it as I am not supporting either, much different. One thing I see getting tossed around is that anyone who voted for trump is every bit as liable for the deaths caused by CoVid-19 as him. I simply think this is a bad look for Democrats to spread right now, and just like Republicans these tactics are used way too often. I can't imagine blaming people for what they truly believe in, we are all way too different for that type of thinking. All of this is a big reason why I don't get caught up in the back and forth of supporting a party, it tends to divide us more than I am comfortable with. I am much more comfortable instilling my own values and compassion for humanity in a way that does not practice such negativity, am I right for doing this? Who knows. I don't have to be right about everything though and I feel I contribute better to society as a whole by not telling others how they should think. All I can do is offer my opinion, how it is received is out of my control.
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    Biden
    JW269453 said:

I see it as I am not supporting either, much different. One thing I see getting tossed around is that anyone who voted for trump is every bit as liable for the deaths caused by CoVid-19 as him. I simply think this is a bad look for Democrats to spread right now, and just like Republicans these tactics are used way too often. I can't imagine blaming people for what they truly believe in, we are all way too different for that type of thinking. All of this is a big reason why I don't get caught up in the back and forth of supporting a party, it tends to divide us more than I am comfortable with. I am much more comfortable instilling my own values and compassion for humanity in a way that does not practice such negativity, am I right for doing this? Who knows. I don't have to be right about everything though and I feel I contribute better to society as a whole by not telling others how they should think. All I can do is offer my opinion, how it is received is out of my control.

Just to clarify @JW269453 you had previously stated that you have NEVER voted right?
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    JW269453 said:

'All I can do is offer my opinion....by not voting'

that's not really how this works
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    JW269453 said:

Just to clarify @JW269453 you had previously stated that you have NEVER voted right?
    That is correct.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Biden
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:

That's not how any of this works.

If you don't vote, your opinion is moo.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I'm sitting this one out
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:

My opinion on why I do not vote. Clip clop
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    I'd be fine with her. I know he said it'll be a woman, so that eliminates some of the men I don't care for (Beto, for example). But I just can't stand Warren and Harris so I hope it's neither of them (I think both are unlikely anyway). But yeah, I'd be all for Whitmer. 
    I don't see Warren because the Dems would lose the seat until another election.  I wouldn't rule out Harris. 
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    JW269453 said:
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:

My opinion on why I do not vote. Clip clop
    nice horseshoes
    how do they fit?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't see Warren because the Dems would lose the seat until another election.  I wouldn't rule out Harris. 
    Warren is going to be the senate majority leader.
    I'm sitting this one out
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion. Are you saying anyone under the age of 18 holds no value to our society?
    Biden
    JW269453 said:
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion. Are you saying anyone under the age of 18 holds no value to our society?
    Except you. Those folks are not able to vote yet. They can't help it. You can.

Moo.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Biden
    JW269453 said:

i think that is a cop out, but whatever.

anybody that voted for trump is responsible for putting him into this position.

hell, what do i know. i am just some dude posting on a band's website. 

I'm sitting this one out
    JW269453 said:
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:

Moo.
    nicknyr15 this is a perfect example as to why this poll was created.
    I'm sitting this one out
    JW269453 said:

i think that is a cop out, but whatever.

anybody that voted for trump is responsible for putting him into this position.

hell, what do i know. i am just some dude posting on a band's website. 
    This is my stance. I'm definitely not here shouting that this is the way for everyone, this is just my way.
    Biden
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:

Moo.
    Let me say it again... you have no idea why I made the decision I made.  You think it was for the Juggler or CM?  

Bunch of fucking cry babies.  JHC. No one is making you vote or post. 
    Biden
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:

Moo.
    I understand you are upset but I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm really sorry.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:

Moo.
    Let me say it again... you have no idea why I made the decision I made.  You think it was for the Juggler or CM?  

Bunch of fucking cry babies.  JHC. No one is making you vote or post. 
    I apologize for not looking at who created the post. We have gone back and forth as to my position a couple of times and in a manner that did not tear one another down. That is not why I am here, but the same does not seem to be true for others which is why I said what I said.
    Biden
    I'm so confused
    chinese-happy.jpg