Options

Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    Biden
    fife said:
    mrussel1 said:
    fife said:
    As a person who can't vote in american (I'm canadian) i would say that this poll should be more indept.  don't ask if you are voting for Biden or Trump.  you should say:  are you voting for who you want to pick the next Supreme court justice?  Are you voting for who you want to pick who is going to run the DOJ, the Department of Education, department of energy and all the other departments. 

all those things are so important.  you are not just picking a president. 
    What about the director of the OMB?  Isn't that super important?  Should I list that one too?
    I sense some passive aggressiveness here.  don't know if you saw my next post that I actually said sorry for being pretentious.

I think what I'm putting off is sarcasm, not passive aggressive.  
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Biden
    Not reading through the whole thread is anyone else here angry at the democratic party for about as plain white toast a candidate as you can have?

If anyone tells me that the democratic party is full of progressives I will point a finger at Mr Biden and ask, really?
  • Options
    Biden
    Not reading through the whole thread is anyone else here angry at the democratic party for about as plain white toast a candidate as you can have?

If anyone tells me that the democratic party is full of progressives I will point a finger at Mr Biden and ask, really?
    So being progressive means that you are either minority and/or young?  I'm glad to learn that Sanders isn't a progressive.  And why would you be 'angry' with the voters?  Seems pretty immature, tbh.  
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Biden

Well, for me Biden is what I'm generally looking for. My confession - I have never voted Dem in a presidential election. I stopped voting GOP in the late 80's, got fed up, and have voted 3rd party most of my life. This time around I said I'd vote for whomever received the Dem nomination. As a centrist and moderate I'm happy to not only vote Biden, but support and promote him. Plain, white toast perhaps. Compassionate, reliable, respected, and vastly experienced (in Legislative and Executive roles) as well. Just the candidate we need to bring the country back to a level of respect and leadership after the shitshow of the past 4 years. I am Team Biden. I am not disappointed, but rather encouraged that we have a candidate who has broad appeal and does not represent an extreme or fringe faction of a party. Could he be a better speaker? Sure. Could he be more progressive on some issues? Sure. But now is not the time for experiments, cults of personality, or further division. Now is the time to right the sinking ship.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Biden
    I feel that VP Joe is more progressive than he's given credit for. He's the one that encouraged President Obama to take action on same-sex marriage. That was pretty darn progressive. There may have been much more but we'll see how he governs, if there's any justice in the world at all. I have to believe there is.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    I'm sitting this one out
    Kat said:
    I feel that VP Joe is more progressive than he's given credit for. He's the one that encouraged President Obama to take action on same-sex marriage. That was pretty darn progressive. There may have been much more but we'll see how he governs, if there's any justice in the world at all. I have to believe there is.
    Not according to himself

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

So being progressive means that you are either minority and/or young?  I'm glad to learn that Sanders isn't a progressive.  And why would you be 'angry' with the voters?  Seems pretty immature, tbh.  
    Nobody said being progressive is minority or young, it just isn't Biden...
    Why am I angry?  Because it will be business as usual with Biden in there...
  • Options
    Biden
    jeffbr said:

Well, for me Biden is what I'm generally looking for. My confession - I have never voted Dem in a presidential election. I stopped voting GOP in the late 80's, got fed up, and have voted 3rd party most of my life. This time around I said I'd vote for whomever received the Dem nomination. As a centrist and moderate I'm happy to not only vote Biden, but support and promote him. Plain, white toast perhaps. Compassionate, reliable, respected, and vastly experienced (in Legislative and Executive roles) as well. Just the candidate we need to bring the country back to a level of respect and leadership after the shitshow of the past 4 years. I am Team Biden. I am not disappointed, but rather encouraged that we have a candidate who has broad appeal and does not represent an extreme or fringe faction of a party. Could he be a better speaker? Sure. Could he be more progressive on some issues? Sure. But now is not the time for experiments, cults of personality, or further division. Now is the time to right the sinking ship.
    You put it in a very good light and I will hope that it goes the way you say.  I'm ok with it if both sides of the aisle can cross over and say hello again.
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    mrussel1 said:
    fife said:
    mrussel1 said:
    fife said:
    As a person who can't vote in american (I'm canadian) i would say that this poll should be more indept.  don't ask if you are voting for Biden or Trump.  you should say:  are you voting for who you want to pick the next Supreme court justice?  Are you voting for who you want to pick who is going to run the DOJ, the Department of Education, department of energy and all the other departments. 

all those things are so important.  you are not just picking a president. 
    What about the director of the OMB?  Isn't that super important?  Should I list that one too?
    I sense some passive aggressiveness here.  don't know if you saw my next post that I actually said sorry for being pretentious.

I think what I'm putting off is sarcasm, not passive aggressive.  

sorry guess my sarcasm monitor is broken.
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    The WORKING CLASS HERO about what Biden needs to do

https://youtu.be/an_8D9ZXAT4
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Biden
    Trump has royally fucked up our country in many ways...too many to list here. That's a fact. In order to un-fuck our country (and also the world), he needs to be a one term president. That being said, I decided long ago that I would vote for whoever the Democratic nominee is. And it looks like that is Biden.

I sincerely hope that everyone gets out and votes. Whether it's a mail in ballot or wearing a fucking hazmat suit to the local polling place. I hope everyone votes.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Biden
    Kat said:
    Not according to himself

Thank you for proving my point. He's considered an unwavering champion now. :) Stay safe and healthy.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/henrygomez/joe-biden-gay-marriage-equality

• Options
    edited April 2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    Bernie "We are gonna be talking with Joe"

Haha, what the fuck do Bernie want to endorse him? 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    Biden
    Kat said:
    Kat said:
    Not according to himself

Thank you for proving my point. He's considered an unwavering champion now. :) Stay safe and healthy.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/henrygomez/joe-biden-gay-marriage-equality

Yup. That article was 22 years old. I can't speak for the rest of you, but my views on a lot of things have changed quite a bit from when I was 20.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    I'm sitting this one out
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    I'm hoping the Libertarians nominate someone I can get behind, but it's looking bleak. For a while I was convinced Justin Amash would throw his hat in the ring, which would be awesome. With the current state of the world I'm not sure if that makes it more or less likely. 
    The US is a 2 party system.  Our checks and balances lie within the 3 coequal branches of government.  A vote for 3rd party only serves to support the lesser candidate.
    Gary Johnson was on the ballot in all 50 states in 2016 and the Libertarian Presidential candidate likely will be this year, too. There will also be Libertarian candidates running in many US Senate and House races. At this point it is the longest of longshots that any will win, but the path to being elected is pretty straightforward and the same as Ds and Rs. No convoluted logic changes that and this is pretty obvious to everyone unless one's motive is to bully people into voting for their preferred candidate. 
    Bingo. And that motive will only deter and backfire. 
    If a Trump supporter decided to go on message boards and push undecideds/independents away from Biden, this is the blueprint on how to do it. It's conduct that repels you instead of persuading you.
    You can honestly say you could be persuaded? 
    Me, personally? Probably less so than most.
  • Options
    Biden
    Kat said:
    Not according to himself

What do you mean? Kats statement was 100% correct.  
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    https://youtu.be/kZnec2_Ku2o
  • Options
    Biden
    Pete is getting home haircuts.  
  • Options
    Biden
    Aren't we all?  :rofl:
  • Options
    Biden
    Kat said:
    I went with a full home body wax.  It looks exquisite.  
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:
    HAHA
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:
    Not according to himself

I think he is more "put a finger up in the air to see the way the wind blows, and lie if you have to" than he's given credit for.

That statement is 100% correct.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:
    PHOTOS Sphynx cat goes viral for his terrifying glare - Insider

Sure
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:
    Ha. Needed that laugh, thanks. :)

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    Biden
    Kat said:

I will absolutely NOT be doing that.  If I'm going to look ridiculous, it's going to be because it just keeps on growing...
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    My daughter & wife both took clippers to my head I won’t post pictures but let me just say I might ask them to just take the number 3 cover for clipper and just buzz it all off, lol 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:
    Not according to himself

I think he is more "put a finger up in the air to see the way the wind blows, and lie if you have to" than he's given credit for.

That statement is 100% correct.
    Except that he was ahead of the POTUS on that issue, which is what Kat's point was.  This isn't difficult to navigate.  
  • Options
    Biden
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Kat said:
    PHOTOS Sphynx cat goes viral for his terrifying glare - Insider

Sure
    My wife's FB pictures continue to burn me.  I told her not to post it. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    Biden
    If you care about the planet, vote for Biden.  Otherwise we'll end up with a 6-3 conservative majority in the Supreme Court and we can kiss anything forward moving for environmental issues, women's rights issues, and LGBTQ rights issues goodbye.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Biden
    brianlux said:
    If you care about the planet, vote for Biden.  Otherwise we'll end up with a 6-3 conservative majority in the Supreme Court and we can kiss anything forward moving for environmental issues, women's rights issues, and LGBTQ rights issues goodbye.
    The supreme court is the most important thing on the ballot.
    chinese-happy.jpg