Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:
    the flaw i see is "sitting this one out" is actually a vote for trump. if you do not vote against trump, and you are not working to defeat him, then you are supporting him.

trump supporters are adults. they can take criticism and they can defend their positions. for the most part anyway. i know a few that are super intelligent people and they are voting based on what their retirement is doing. i can't fault them for that. 
    I see it as I am not supporting either, much different. One thing I see getting tossed around is that anyone who voted for trump is every bit as liable for the deaths caused by CoVid-19 as him. I simply think this is a bad look for Democrats to spread right now, and just like Republicans these tactics are used way too often. I can't imagine blaming people for what they truly believe in, we are all way too different for that type of thinking. All of this is a big reason why I don't get caught up in the back and forth of supporting a party, it tends to divide us more than I am comfortable with. I am much more comfortable instilling my own values and compassion for humanity in a way that does not practice such negativity, am I right for doing this? Who knows. I don't have to be right about everything though and I feel I contribute better to society as a whole by not telling others how they should think. All I can do is offer my opinion, how it is received is out of my control.
    'All I can do is offer my opinion....by not voting'

that's not really how this works
    That's not how any of this works.

If you don't vote, your opinion is moo.
    Everyone is entitled to have an opinion. Are you saying anyone under the age of 18 holds no value to our society?
    Except you. Those folks are not able to vote yet. They can't help it. You can.

Moo.
    nicknyr15 this is a perfect example as to why this poll was created.
    I understand you are upset but I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm really sorry.
    Not upset, I do not need the acceptance of others to validate why I feel the way I do. What I don't understand is the holier than thou attitude that comes from some of the members on this forum by simply submitting a single vote. Since there hasn't been a trump supporter the next best thing to attack is someone who doesn't participate in the sacred process. I hope this helped clear up the confusion I have caused you. Be well, we are all in this together.
    It's okay to be scared. This is a crazy mixed up world. You are among friends here. We all love you.

Also, Trump or no Trump--it makes no difference. Not voting =  losing your voice, and thus rendering your opinion moo. 

MOO.
    moat?  
    Moo. It's like a cow's opinion. It just doesn't matter. It's moo. 
    Moop?

Moops rule! Although I was into them way in the beginning when they were called Fingerbang.  Moop got a little mainstream. 

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:
    the flaw i see is "sitting this one out" is actually a vote for trump. if you do not vote against trump, and you are not working to defeat him, then you are supporting him.

trump supporters are adults. they can take criticism and they can defend their positions. for the most part anyway. i know a few that are super intelligent people and they are voting based on what their retirement is doing. i can't fault them for that. 
    I see it as I am not supporting either, much different. One thing I see getting tossed around is that anyone who voted for trump is every bit as liable for the deaths caused by CoVid-19 as him. I simply think this is a bad look for Democrats to spread right now, and just like Republicans these tactics are used way too often. I can't imagine blaming people for what they truly believe in, we are all way too different for that type of thinking. All of this is a big reason why I don't get caught up in the back and forth of supporting a party, it tends to divide us more than I am comfortable with. I am much more comfortable instilling my own values and compassion for humanity in a way that does not practice such negativity, am I right for doing this? Who knows. I don't have to be right about everything though and I feel I contribute better to society as a whole by not telling others how they should think. All I can do is offer my opinion, how it is received is out of my control.

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion. Are you saying anyone under the age of 18 holds no value to our society?

Moo.
    I understand you are upset but I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm really sorry.
    Not upset, I do not need the acceptance of others to validate why I feel the way I do. What I don't understand is the holier than thou attitude that comes from some of the members on this forum by simply submitting a single vote. Since there hasn't been a trump supporter the next best thing to attack is someone who doesn't participate in the sacred process. I hope this helped clear up the confusion I have caused you. Be well, we are all in this together.
    It's okay to be scared. This is a crazy mixed up world. You are among friends here. We all love you.

Also, Trump or no Trump--it makes no difference. Not voting =  losing your voice, and thus rendering your opinion moo. 

MOO.
    moat?  
    Moop?

Moops rule! Although I was into them way in the beginning when they were called Fingerbang.  Moop got a little mainstream. 

Both of those (Fingerbang and Christian Hard Rock) are among my favorite episodes. I especially like the mall manager in Fingerbang. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    I'm sitting this one out
    Can't atleast on of you sympathy-vote for Trump? 

0 % - come on now. Show some humanity
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:

Moo.

MOO.
    moat?  
    Moop?

Both of those (Fingerbang and Christian Hard Rock) are among my favorite episodes. I especially like the mall manager in Fingerbang. 
    I miss those Before Tegridy days...*heavy sigh*
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:

Moo.

MOO.
    moat?  
    Moop?

They are so friggin clever and biting. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:

Moo.

MOO.
    moat?  
    Moop?

LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    I'm sitting this one out
    I'm hoping the Libertarians nominate someone I can get behind, but it's looking bleak. For a while I was convinced Justin Amash would throw his hat in the ring, which would be awesome. With the current state of the world I'm not sure if that makes it more or less likely. 
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm in NY which will easily go Biden.  I refuse to put my name behind him and the current state of Democrats.  So I'm going third party or write in.  If I was in a swing state I'd give my vote to Biden only as a no vote to Trump and the Republicans.  
    Yeah if I was in one of those states where your voted doesn't matter, I probably wouldn't even bother voting for the president. But I'm in Pennsylvania so I have to vote for Biden just to have clear conscience. Same with 2016. I didn't really want to vote for Hillary. But I thought to myself " If Donald Fucking Trump wins Pennsylvania by ONE vote and that swings the election, I won't be able to live with myself." So I voted Hillary for president, as I will Biden. Though there is a possibility that I'll hate Biden's VP pick so much that it'll be even more annoying to have to vote for him than it was for Hillary. In fact, if he picks one of the possible running-mates that I don't like, maybe I'll just write-in Hillary for VP. 
    Momentum seems to be with the governor from Michigan.  
    I'd be fine with her. I know he said it'll be a woman, so that eliminates some of the men I don't care for (Beto, for example). But I just can't stand Warren and Harris so I hope it's neither of them (I think both are unlikely anyway). But yeah, I'd be all for Whitmer. 
    I don't see Warren because the Dems would lose the seat until another election.  I wouldn't rule out Harris. 
    I'm not ruling her out completely, but I don't think she'd be a good pick. She was up there in that debate suggesting Biden is racist because of that stupid busing crap, despite him fighting for civil rights his whole career. I thought that was pathetic. To choose her would make it look like none of that matters. "Sure she called me a racist and shit on all the hard work I've done over the years, but I need a strong woman of color as my running-mate!" Hopefully Joe (or whoever advises him in making these sort of decisions)  isn't thinking like that.
    Im with you 100% here.  I got into several arguments about the merits of bussing in the 60s, white flight,  etc after that comment, around here.  I thought it was a cheap shot. I liked her before that.  I'm saying I would not rule out that Biden will pick her,  whereas I think the Senate seat precludes him from picking  Warren

It’s stunning someone with the success of Harris would make such a dumb move. It’s not easy becoming the DA or a senator, yet she thought calling Biden a racist was smart. The world was different 40 years ago. Actually, it was different one month ago.
    My big criticisms of the debates is that they reward 'zingers'.  And that's all she was trying to do is lay a haymaker to get into the race.  Debates reward the wrong behaviors, but fortunately evidence continues to pile up that they don't matter.  Ask the 'winner' of every debate, Liz Warren about that. 
    The debate with no audience was amazing to watch.  Had too many candidates tho. 
    Yes, how about we get a Tim Russert again who sits down with each candidate and really presses a challenging case.  
    Every debate should be moderated by Jake Tapper and/or Chris Wallace
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    I'm sitting this one out
    mrussel1 said:
    JW269453 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:

Moo.
    having stated you dont participate, at least nationally, I find it curious you post in election related threads at all? what is the point of that?
    There were 3 choices and I fell into the sitting this one out category. I figured that gave me the option to participate, but I am becoming more aware of the liberties I have lost being a non voter. I thought I was bummed when I didn’t get an I voted sticker, but this is devastating.
    I think you're missing the question.  It's odd that you abstain from participating in the political process,  but post regularly on a board dedicated to it.  
    In response to Mickeyrat’s post as well as yours, I feel that it is good to question my beliefs so that I can confirm them. I come in here to get the pulse on how one of the sides views things because It gives me perspective, and yes from time to time I will comment but I don’t think that is out of line. I also keep up with how the other side is viewing things to maintain balance. I have always felt it’s best to keep an open mind and try not to tip the scales too far in one direction, but I don’t see a whole lot of that going on when it comes to politics and that only strengthens my decision. Regardless of party I see a lot of supporters who are fixated on infighting, confirmation bias, and a clear desire to demean the other side. Can you really blame someone for wanting no part of getting caught up in that? Take all of that out and you are left with politicians...no thanks. Just look at the 2 options and tell me our system isn’t seriously challenged. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Biden
    has this statement been posted yet? cant recall seeing it here....

Statement just issued by Joe Biden. Take a few minutes – it's a beautiful read:

Today, Senator Sanders announced he was suspending his campaign. Bernie has put his heart and soul into not only running for President, but for the causes and issues he has been dedicated to his whole life. So, I know how hard a decision this was for him to make — and how hard it is for the millions of his supporters — especially younger voters — who have been inspired and energized and brought into politics by the progressive agenda he has championed. Bernie has done something rare in politics. He hasn’t just run a political campaign; he’s created a movement. And make no mistake about it, I believe it’s a movement that is as powerful today as it was yesterday. That’s a good thing for our nation and our future.

Senator Sanders and his supporters have changed the dialogue in America. Issues which had been given little attention — or little hope of ever passing — are now at the center of the political debate. Income inequality, universal health care, climate change, free college, relieving students from the crushing debt of student loans. These are just a few of the issues Bernie and his supporters have given life to. And while Bernie and I may not agree on how we might get there, we agree on the ultimate goal for these issues and many more.

But more than any one issue or set of issues, I want to commend Bernie for being a powerful voice for a fairer and more just America. It’s voices like Bernie’s that refuse to allow us to just accept what is — that refuse to accept we can’t change what’s wrong in our nation — that refuse to accept the health and well-being of our fellow citizens and our planet isn’t our responsibility too. Bernie gets a lot of credit for his passionate advocacy for the issues he cares about. But he doesn’t get enough credit for being a voice that forces us all to take a hard look in the mirror and ask if we’ve done enough.

While the Sanders campaign has been suspended — its impact on this election and on elections to come is far from over. We will address the existential crisis of climate change. We will confront income inequality in our nation. We will make sure healthcare is affordable and accessible to every American. We will make education at our public colleges and universities free. We will ease the burden of student debt. And, most important of all, we will defeat Donald Trump.
    At this moment, we are in the middle of an unprecedented crisis in American history. There is enormous fear and pain and loss being felt all across the country. There are also untold stories of heroism — of nurses and health care workers and doctors and first responders and grocery store workers and truck drivers and so many others on the front lines of this crisis. Putting their own lives in danger for the rest of us. If we didn’t know it before, we know it now: This is the backbone of our nation.

Our first job is to get through the immediate crisis threatening the public health and getting into the pockets of America’s workers. But we also need to take a hard look at what we need to fix and change in this country. Many of the biggest cracks in the social safety net have been laid bare — from health care to paid sick leave to a more extensive and comprehensive system of unemployment benefits. We will need to address these. Just as we need to address rebuilding our nation’s infrastructure. And we all know — the clock is ticking — we don’t have a moment to waste in combating the climate crisis.

As friends, Jill and I want to say to Bernie and Jane, we know how hard this is. You have put the interest of the nation — and the need to defeat Donald Trump — above all else. And for that Jill and I are grateful. But we also want you to know: I’ll be reaching out to you. You will be heard by me. As you say: Not me, Us.

And to your supporters I make the same commitment: I see you, I hear you, and I understand the urgency of what it is we have to get done in this country. I hope you will join us. You are more than welcome. You’re needed.

Together we will defeat Donald Trump. And when we do that, we’ll not only do the hard work of rebuilding this nation — we’ll transform it.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    pjl44 said:
    I'm hoping the Libertarians nominate someone I can get behind, but it's looking bleak. For a while I was convinced Justin Amash would throw his hat in the ring, which would be awesome. With the current state of the world I'm not sure if that makes it more or less likely. 
    The US is a 2 party system.  Our checks and balances lie within the 3 coequal branches of government.  A vote for 3rd party only serves to support the lesser candidate.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    I'm sitting this one out
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    The US is a 2 party system.  Our checks and balances lie within the 3 coequal branches of government.  A vote for 3rd party only serves to support the lesser candidate.
    Gary Johnson was on the ballot in all 50 states in 2016 and the Libertarian Presidential candidate likely will be this year, too. There will also be Libertarian candidates running in many US Senate and House races. At this point it is the longest of longshots that any will win, but the path to being elected is pretty straightforward and the same as Ds and Rs. No convoluted logic changes that and this is pretty obvious to everyone unless one's motive is to bully people into voting for their preferred candidate. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    I'm sitting this one out
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Gary Johnson was on the ballot in all 50 states in 2016 and the Libertarian Presidential candidate likely will be this year, too. There will also be Libertarian candidates running in many US Senate and House races. At this point it is the longest of longshots that any will win, but the path to being elected is pretty straightforward and the same as Ds and Rs. No convoluted logic changes that and this is pretty obvious to everyone unless one's motive is to bully people into voting for their preferred candidate. 
    Bingo. And that motive will only deter and backfire. 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Biden
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    They needed Bernie out of the way. They need third-party candidates out of the way. Soon they’ll complain that Trump’s even running for re-election. Everyone should just get out of the way and let Joe be the president. Lord knows he’s waited long enough. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    I'm sitting this one out
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    If a Trump supporter decided to go on message boards and push undecideds/independents away from Biden, this is the blueprint on how to do it. It's conduct that repels you instead of persuading you.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    As a person who can't vote in american (I'm canadian) i would say that this poll should be more indept.  don't ask if you are voting for Biden or Trump.  you should say:  are you voting for who you want to pick the next Supreme court justice?  Are you voting for who you want to pick who is going to run the DOJ, the Department of Education, department of energy and all the other departments. 

all those things are so important.  you are not just picking a president. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Well I’m glad most of will participate in the election come November! Glad to be part of this group..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    If a Trump supporter decided to go on message boards and push undecideds/independents away from Biden, this is the blueprint on how to do it. It's conduct that repels you instead of persuading you.
    You can honestly say you could be persuaded? 
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    enjoy your shit sandwich
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    fife said:
    As a person who can't vote in american (I'm canadian) i would say that this poll should be more indept.  don't ask if you are voting for Biden or Trump.  you should say:  are you voting for who you want to pick the next Supreme court justice?  Are you voting for who you want to pick who is going to run the DOJ, the Department of Education, department of energy and all the other departments. 

sorry re-read this post and its sounds very pretentious.  I take back the "you should say" part

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    The Berniebrosises need to be persuaded? Really? Its not clear to you what the choices are and what they mean? My god, where the fuck have you been living for the past three to four years? Have you not a clue as to what has occurred or is it only anyone other than Biden can right the ship? Or that pure as the driven snow Bernie is the only answer to get me everything I want? Have you not read Biden's statement about what Bernie and his supporters have brought to the table? What do you need, Joe on his knees?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    fife said:
    fife said:

sorry re-read this post and its sounds very pretentious.  I take back the "you should say" part

nah - you hit it spot on the first time
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    Biden
    The Berniebrosises need to be persuaded? Really? Its not clear to you what the choices are and what they mean? My god, where the fuck have you been living for the past three to four years? Have you not a clue as to what has occurred or is it only anyone other than Biden can right the ship? Or that pure as the driven snow Bernie is the only answer to get me everything I want? Have you not read Biden's statement about what Bernie and his supporters have brought to the table? What do you need, Joe on his knees?
    I think they underestimate just how dangerous the Trump/Mitch construction of a one-party system is.  Like Trump's biggest fans, they don't see nuance or gray.  If it's not Bernie, it's all the same.  Meanwhile, the courts are being stacked with party loyalists and by the time they figured out that "tHeY aRe BoTh ThE sAmE" is crap, it'll be too late.  But everyone wants a quick silver bullet solution.  There isn't one.  If they want to get to their version of America, first they have to move away from Trump...it has to happen incrementally.  But they'd rather just be all-or-none.  They either don't have the patience or the understanding of the gray...
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    I think they underestimate just how dangerous the Trump/Mitch construction of a one-party system is.  Like Trump's biggest fans, they don't see nuance or gray.  If it's not Bernie, it's all the same.  Meanwhile, the courts are being stacked with party loyalists and by the time they figured out that "tHeY aRe BoTh ThE sAmE" is crap, it'll be too late.  But everyone wants a quick silver bullet solution.  There isn't one.  If they want to get to their version of America, first they have to move away from Trump...it has to happen incrementally.  But they'd rather just be all-or-none.  They either don't have the patience or the understanding of the gray...
    Or they lack gray matter.

Here’s what I see as a potential outcome. We elect Biden and pick up a few more house seats and maybe a senate seat or two but don’t lose any. 2022 rolls around and more progressive house members are elected, and maybe we retake the senate. By 2024, joe steps aside, his VP runs, we have more house and senate seats, controlling both chambers, and with more progressives, to implement the agenda of our first woman POTUS. Then we have 2, maybe 4, 6 holy shit or 8 fucking years of doing progressive things. But you know, Bernie.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Biden
    fife said:

Well when you're selecting Biden or Trump you are also selecting all of those things.

And if you are deciding not to vote, you are indicating you don't care about any of those things.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Biden
    fife said:

What about the director of the OMB?  Isn't that super important?  Should I list that one too?
    Biden
    Can't atleast on of you sympathy-vote for Trump? 

0 % - come on now. Show some humanity
    Like a pity vote?  Everyone gets something?
    mrussel1 said:
    fife said:

What about the director of the OMB?  Isn't that super important?  Should I list that one too?
    Don't you mean "Acting Director," you know, the ones who wouldn't pass senate confirmation and can only serve so long before they're jettisoned for the next "acting director," leading to further churn, dysfunction and complete chaos? Nothing like having a totally fucked up Executive Branch, particularly during a world pandemic. How many unfilled positions are there? 

Brilliantati©
    mrussel1 said:
    fife said:

I sense some passive aggressiveness here.  don't know if you saw my next post that I actually said sorry for being pretentious.

• KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    has this statement been posted yet? cant recall seeing it here....

Statement just issued by Joe Biden. Take a few minutes – it's a beautiful read:

Today, Senator Sanders announced he was suspending his campaign. Bernie has put his heart and soul into not only running for President, but for the causes and issues he has been dedicated to his whole life. So, I know how hard a decision this was for him to make — and how hard it is for the millions of his supporters — especially younger voters — who have been inspired and energized and brought into politics by the progressive agenda he has championed. Bernie has done something rare in politics. He hasn’t just run a political campaign; he’s created a movement. And make no mistake about it, I believe it’s a movement that is as powerful today as it was yesterday. That’s a good thing for our nation and our future.

Senator Sanders and his supporters have changed the dialogue in America. Issues which had been given little attention — or little hope of ever passing — are now at the center of the political debate. Income inequality, universal health care, climate change, free college, relieving students from the crushing debt of student loans. These are just a few of the issues Bernie and his supporters have given life to. And while Bernie and I may not agree on how we might get there, we agree on the ultimate goal for these issues and many more.

But more than any one issue or set of issues, I want to commend Bernie for being a powerful voice for a fairer and more just America. It’s voices like Bernie’s that refuse to allow us to just accept what is — that refuse to accept we can’t change what’s wrong in our nation — that refuse to accept the health and well-being of our fellow citizens and our planet isn’t our responsibility too. Bernie gets a lot of credit for his passionate advocacy for the issues he cares about. But he doesn’t get enough credit for being a voice that forces us all to take a hard look in the mirror and ask if we’ve done enough.

While the Sanders campaign has been suspended — its impact on this election and on elections to come is far from over. We will address the existential crisis of climate change. We will confront income inequality in our nation. We will make sure healthcare is affordable and accessible to every American. We will make education at our public colleges and universities free. We will ease the burden of student debt. And, most important of all, we will defeat Donald Trump.
    At this moment, we are in the middle of an unprecedented crisis in American history. There is enormous fear and pain and loss being felt all across the country. There are also untold stories of heroism — of nurses and health care workers and doctors and first responders and grocery store workers and truck drivers and so many others on the front lines of this crisis. Putting their own lives in danger for the rest of us. If we didn’t know it before, we know it now: This is the backbone of our nation.

Our first job is to get through the immediate crisis threatening the public health and getting into the pockets of America’s workers. But we also need to take a hard look at what we need to fix and change in this country. Many of the biggest cracks in the social safety net have been laid bare — from health care to paid sick leave to a more extensive and comprehensive system of unemployment benefits. We will need to address these. Just as we need to address rebuilding our nation’s infrastructure. And we all know — the clock is ticking — we don’t have a moment to waste in combating the climate crisis.

As friends, Jill and I want to say to Bernie and Jane, we know how hard this is. You have put the interest of the nation — and the need to defeat Donald Trump — above all else. And for that Jill and I are grateful. But we also want you to know: I’ll be reaching out to you. You will be heard by me. As you say: Not me, Us.

And to your supporters I make the same commitment: I see you, I hear you, and I understand the urgency of what it is we have to get done in this country. I hope you will join us. You are more than welcome. You’re needed.

Together we will defeat Donald Trump. And when we do that, we’ll not only do the hard work of rebuilding this nation — we’ll transform it.

Very very nice. He's going to have a lot of work to do to rebuild our nation too. He'll need all the help and all the allies he can get to do it. President Obama faced many challenges to rebuild after the great recession and VP Biden was there. He has the right experience and that comforts me. I hope that all sides will make an effort to come together for the country. I don't want to see power struggles; I want to see efforts to help Americans and the world.
    Falling down,...not staying down