EV and Jeff will be on Bill Simmons podcast

Comments

• satchoroyalesatchoroyale Posts: 79
    edited March 2020
    Don't know anything by the man, but if he was the one talking to Quentin Tarantino recently then I'm game. That one was great.

THEY SHOULD DO MARC MARON THOUGH.

M
    A
    R
    C

M
    A
    R
    O
    N

You just won the internet with that suggestion. Maron's WTF interviews are the greatest. I was hoping we might see Eddie on board after Maron emceed Flea's Silverlake Conservatory Benefit with the Chili Peppers and Eddie on the bill last November. That also happened to be Josh's last show with the Peppers if I'm not mistaken. Chris Cornell, Iggy Pop, Keith Richards, Mark Arm, Mark Lanegan, Roger Daltrey, on and on and on... those interviews really end up sounding like a few friends hanging out having a real conversation instead of hawking whatever product they might be currently promoting. Long Live WTF!!!
    Post edited by satchoroyale on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,338
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 493
    I dont mind some sports questions. Overall want it to be natural. But, Simmons do the fans justice and talk about the album and some die hard questions! Dont just go off tangent with Jeff playing bball, and Eddie with cubs and SuperSonics coming back and Corona + Politics. I have faith in Simmons, this is tricky though!
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,812
    Nice! Thanks for the heads-up, @offhegoes32
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    on2legs said:
    tdawe said:
    “Dave was like the guy at the blackjack table, like my buddy Bug...he’s friends with everyone but he just doesn’t fit in with the group, he’s splitting everything and hitting 17s, he doesn’t tip the dealer and he’s a little rude to the cocktail waitresses, and eventually it’s like hey buddy, we love ya but why don’t you go over to the bar for a little while? Then Jack is the guy, he’s like my buddy Hench, he comes over when the dealer hasn’t busted in like 15, 20 hands and just kind of calms everyone down, changes the energy a bit, but he doesn’t hang out all night, he’s like oh it’s 11:30 and I’m up 50 bucks, I’m going to turn in cause I don’t want to miss the breakfast buffet. And then Matt, Matt is like Sal, he shows up at like 3 am just when everyone is about to crash, and he was there at dinner but you haven’t seen him since and you’re like where have you been and he’s like ah I’ve been at the craps table I won like ten grand, you guys aren’t going to bed are you? And suddenly everyone gets their second wind and you end up playing until 10 am. Anyway where is Dave Grohl in The Pantheon?”
    J-Bug
    My deepest apologies. 
    tdawe said:
    on2legs said:
    tdawe said:
    “Dave was like the guy at the blackjack table, like my buddy Bug...he’s friends with everyone but he just doesn’t fit in with the group, he’s splitting everything and hitting 17s, he doesn’t tip the dealer and he’s a little rude to the cocktail waitresses, and eventually it’s like hey buddy, we love ya but why don’t you go over to the bar for a little while? Then Jack is the guy, he’s like my buddy Hench, he comes over when the dealer hasn’t busted in like 15, 20 hands and just kind of calms everyone down, changes the energy a bit, but he doesn’t hang out all night, he’s like oh it’s 11:30 and I’m up 50 bucks, I’m going to turn in cause I don’t want to miss the breakfast buffet. And then Matt, Matt is like Sal, he shows up at like 3 am just when everyone is about to crash, and he was there at dinner but you haven’t seen him since and you’re like where have you been and he’s like ah I’ve been at the craps table I won like ten grand, you guys aren’t going to bed are you? And suddenly everyone gets their second wind and you end up playing until 10 am. Anyway where is Dave Grohl in The Pantheon?”
    J-Bug
    My deepest apologies. 

Top 3 all-time apology... topped maybe only by Rudy Gobert and Darryl Morey apologies this century. Nephew Kyle... what do you think? 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• offhegoes32offhegoes32 Posts: 407
    jjflash said:
    Nice! Thanks for the heads-up, @offhegoes32
    No problem!  Yeah, I was surprised when I saw it.  Hopefully we get a nice, entertaining discussion here as a fun diversion.  Used to read Bill’s stuff all the time back in the day, but haven’t really had time to listen to his regular podcast in a long time.  I do catch The Rewatchables every now and then, most I’ve heard have been pretty entertaining.
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • offhegoes32offhegoes32 Posts: 407
    Some of the parodies above made me laugh, I’ll throw my own stupid one in as well:

”No Code- Who You Are, I mean classic deep cut now, but Jeff, I know exactly what you guys were thinking then.  You were saying, we sorta wanna blow up our ties to some of these fair weather fans, just like Dylan McKay’s Dad blew up his own car on 90210.  But then comes Yield, and I mean that’s you guys saying, everyone come on back, sit in a booth with us at Nat’s Peach Pit and have a big slice of comforting pecan pie...right?... guys? Hello, you still there?”
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,889
    I really hopes he sticks to Gigaton, NBA, live shows and stuff like that. No talking about drummer drama or Eddie taking over the band in the mid 90's and them almost breaking up. He tells that story like he was there.  Just keep it focused.  Jeff would probably talk Sonics/NBA all day.  
    Bill: This album is Pearl Jam's version of a 50-20-20 triple double with 8 steals and 7 blocks... it might be the all-time apex mountain album for a band 25+ years into their career. 

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,705
    on2legs said:
    Bill: This album is Pearl Jam's version of a 50-20-20 triple double with 8 steals and 7 blocks... it might be the all-time apex mountain album for a band 25+ years into their career. 
    But who won the album?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • gjv76gjv76 Posts: 33
    I hope Rock and Jock B-Ball Jam is brought up.
    when is this on? like what time will he post it, anyone know?
    WW187806 said:
    when is this on? like what time will he post it, anyone know?
    He will post on Twitter  when it goes up. 

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,795
    tdawe said:
    Don't know anything by the man, but if he was the one talking to Quentin Tarantino recently then I'm game. That one was great.

M
    A
    R
    C

M
    A
    R
    O
    N
    A 60 minute interview, 45 minutes about Ed’s childhood and 15 about guitars. 
    I don't share this view of Marc Marons interviews. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,795

M
    A
    R
    C

M
    A
    R
    O
    N

You just won the internet with that suggestion. Maron's WTF interviews are the greatest. I was hoping we might see Eddie on board after Maron emceed Flea's Silverlake Conservatory Benefit with the Chili Peppers and Eddie on the bill last November. That also happened to be Josh's last show with the Peppers if I'm not mistaken. Chris Cornell, Iggy Pop, Keith Richards, Mark Arm, Mark Lanegan, Roger Daltrey, on and on and on... those interviews really end up sounding like a few friends hanging out having a real conversation instead of hawking whatever product they might be currently promoting. Long Live WTF!!!
    Yeah, he also has knowledge enough to connect dots and not make the interview just be basic shit you already heard. Like knowing enough about the Seattle 80's scene when interviewing Cornell and knowing enough about Neil Youngs past things when interviewing him etc.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,626
    Patiently waiting 

“I have Pearl Jam on the show today...but first Pearl Jam”
    Patiently waiting 

“I have Pearl Jam on the show today...but first Pearl Jam”
    haha, well done. I feel like hes gonna do this justice and really dig in. no one else is getting this opportunity to sit with Ed and Jeff. On the flip side, maybe its been said, we'll do it with you bc we trust you and we know you will keep it light yada yada, until it airs.........!
  • Max PowerMax Power Posts: 17
    I've been looking forward to a PJ appearance with Simmons since the beginning of his podcast. It should be an enjoyable, free-flowing conversation. I chuckled at the parodies in this thread as they were almost too good to be true. I'm sure they'll hit on, MJ/90's Bulls, Sonics/need to bring back the Sonics, Cubs/Red Sox, kids these days, music these days, that 1998 Great Woods show, and a little politics.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,705
    Dude teases a PEARL JAM podcast for Thursday, the day before the release of their first album in seven years, it's 3:30 p.m. eastern, and still nothing. Oh but if he and House were comparing the All-NBA 1st team to the Reservoir Dogs, he'd have it up by noon!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Dude teases a PEARL JAM podcast for Thursday, the day before the release of their first album in seven years, it's 3:30 p.m. eastern, and still nothing. Oh but if he and House were comparing the All-NBA 1st team to the Reservoir Dogs, he'd have it up by noon!
    Lately I haven’t been big on having House on the podcast.  He’s way too loud and been trying way to hard lately to be funny. Since he got his own pod he’s become a caricature of himself.  He needs to chill out a little.  I much prefer Jacko on Bill's podcast.  If I had to rank his guests I would put Russillo way out in first followed by Sal in a strong second and then Jacko, Bill’s dad and then House. 

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,516
    This!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 737
    on2legs said:
    Lately I haven’t been big on having House on the podcast.  He’s way too loud and been trying way to hard lately to be funny. Since he got his own pod he’s become a caricature of himself.  He needs to chill out a little.  I much prefer Jacko on Bill's podcast.  If I had to rank his guests I would put Russillo way out in first followed by Sal in a strong second and then Jacko, Bill’s dad and then House. 
    Jacko is the best because he doesn't actually want to be a celebrity like House and his Yankees analysis is devastating. Russillo is definitely consistently funny week after week.

Bill lost his fastball 5-10 years ago and the guests are there to cover it up. The days he complains about his pool house not being big enough for all his friends to watch football are... interesting?
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 913
    has this not happened yet?
  • He’s in LA & outside of Russilo sports podcasts, usually posts them late EST. 
  • Max PowerMax Power Posts: 17
    edited March 2020
    Russillo has been a great weekly addition since football season, and Sal's weekly appearances, ended. Though the Russillo pods tend to run a bit long for my liking.
    Hey Bill, I'll be taking my daily walk a little later tonight and I was really hoping to have this podcast to accompany it.
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    kaw753 said:
    on2legs said:
    Jacko is the best because he doesn't actually want to be a celebrity like House and his Yankees analysis is devastating. Russillo is definitely consistently funny week after week.

Bill lost his fastball 5-10 years ago and the guests are there to cover it up. The days he complains about his pool house not being big enough for all his friends to watch football are... interesting?
    Speaking as a hard-core Yankees fan, Jacko is the worst Yankees fan. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,823
    Wait is it a spotify only podcast? or are they just promoting on spotify and it appears on all the podcasting apps?
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,626
    Wait is it a spotify only podcast? or are they just promoting on spotify and it appears on all the podcasting apps?
    Spotify owns them.  Probably still on the BS pod.