Pearl Jam is returning to Europe in 2020

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Italy is not gonna be all clear by June July or August, people have to just be realistic..I know I wouldn’t be comfortable being in a crowd even come September I’m sorry but that’s how I see it..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Italy is not gonna be all clear by June July or August, people have to just be realistic..I know I wouldn’t be comfortable being in a crowd even come September I’m sorry but that’s how I see it..
    You do not need to be sorry and you speak for yourself and your own comfort level. If they gave the all clear this summer, which I am hopeful they do for everyones sake not just for the sake of seeing a concert, I would have no issues going to a show.

Italy is projected to peak on Mar 24th. If they trend the same way that China does they will have no new cases in or around May 7th. Pearl Jam is scheduled to arrive 2 months after that. Yes it looks bad now and the numbers are terrifying especially the death numbers there but they are expected to start relaxing very soon. 

How will the world respond to the news of no new or very little cases in the warmer months is the question. Will business go back to usual this summer or are we going to keep the large groups and gatherings to a minimum still. No one knows. I think some countries will want to get the money flowing again while others will be wary of a new wave being started. 
    Haven’t seen Dimmi post at all in this thread in a long while, I hope all is well with him!
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Haven’t seen Dimmi post at all in this thread in a long while, I hope all is well with him!
    He’s very busy on Facebook so I think he’s fine :)
    JPPJ84 said:
    He’s very busy on Facebook so I think he’s fine :)
    Ok great, I’m not on FB pass along our regards..
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,907
    Dont be delusional everyone,  there is 0% the euro tour is happenning. Things in europe are absolutly horrible and reality check everyone it will get a lot worse before it gets better (maybe except italy and spain)   
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    edited March 2020
    ^^^ +1
    500 a day dying. Its not even a possibility in italy alone.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    just_one said:
    Dont be delusional everyone,  there is 0% the euro tour is happenning. Things in europe are absolutly horrible and reality check everyone it will get a lot worse before it gets better (maybe except italy and spain)   
    It’s ok to dream and hope 
    edited March 2020
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with people being hopeful that a tour can happen. Be prepared for the worse and hope for the best. We all know whats going on in the world and what needs to happen for us to enjoy anything even remotely close to a concert this summer. This is not like the spring tour that I really thought had a chance especially in Canada. This is something that we will be able to telegraph a month out and the band can make a decision then or whenever they decide to. 

Some of us would prefer to remain positive on the situation at hand. That does not make us delusional. 95 days until Germany. If we are still on lockdown at that time a concert is going to be so far away on my list of things I care about it will not even matter to me that it is cancelled. 

• Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    There is no hope.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Pearl Jam is NOT returning to Europe in 2020..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    2020 feels like a wash, bigtime resurgence in 2021...
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Should they cancel the Tour I feel pretty confident getting plane ticket refunds since everybody must Then be 100% there Will be No country borders open in June/july 

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    I dont think many bands are gonna come over this summer. In Ireland. Green day. Killers. Guns and Rose's all wont go ahead. All.outdoor shows. Plus all the sport

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    I hope so. The airlines have no money though.  They will probably offer vouchers.  I think it will be difficult to get them to cough up any cash.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

That doesn’t sound promising. Is it foolish to think a tour could still work without the festivals (and smaller venues) instead?! I’m just grasping straws I think 
    Not foolish, but I think it’s going to be all or nothing.  I would just hope they wait as long as possible before deciding.

Yes I hope so too :s 
  • CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    kst said:
    Not foolish, but I think it’s going to be all or nothing.  I would just hope they wait as long as possible before deciding.
    Yes that would be wise 

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834

I hope they don't come risk way too high. The Netherlands takes the same approach as Italy with the false presumption of Mass immunity that has been dismissed by the WHO. But as always the Dutch know it "better". I am Dutch, but I am also a scholar (even sent my last academic book to PJ.) I am now working on an international platform with viruologists, to create awareness with viuoligist and epidemiologists (sp - late at night here and tired.) Since some fellow Dutch citizens are stubborn (a cultural trade), I get a lot of hate email. My facebook is open anyone can read it, I collected a lot of data: https://www.facebook.com/anthonie.holslag . PS:not sure if PJ received the book.  Here a comparison, This is the direction Netherlands is heading :

edited March 2020
    Ignore above post, I am not able to delete it.

I hope they don't come for the risk is way too high. The Netherlands takes the same approach as Italy with the false presumption of Mass immunity that has been dismissed by the WHO. (Other European countries took different policies.) But as always the Dutch know it "better". I am Dutch, but I am also a scholar (even sent my last academic book to PJ.) I am now working on an international platform with viruologists and epidemiologists (sp - late at night here and tired) to create awareness. Since some fellow Dutch citizens are stubborn (a cultural trade), I get a lot of hate email. My facebook is open anyone can read it, I collected a lot of data: https://www.facebook.com/anthonie.holslag . (Some posts are in English and others in Dutch. Google translate is a good tool.) Wanted to share an important graph but forum does not allow me, or I do not know how to do it. (I think I did it:not but not sure if it is ditect;y linked to the the post.) Curious if PJ received the book.I sent, since it includes decions by the state and how people follow it because cultural elements are internalized that creates a blind spot.

Numbers can be misleading. Country is smaller than Italy. 

Post edited by fortyshades on
    edited March 2020

Post edited by fortyshades on
    German virologists don't expect football stadiums to open again to the public for 12 months. They're basically saying non-essential gatherings will be off for a long time.
    Man I hope PJ can at least come next year! I'm wondering if they're only holding off postponing it because they'd love to give out new dates or at least a time frame right away.
  • rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 120
    JPPJ84 said:
    German virologists don't expect football stadiums to open again to the public for 12 months. They're basically saying non-essential gatherings will be off for a long time.
    Man I hope PJ can at least come next year! I'm wondering if they're only holding off postponing it because they'd love to give out new dates or at least a time frame right away.
    I think they might bei waiting for the festivals to cancel. 
    rahjiim said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    I think they might bei waiting for the festivals to cancel. 
    The 12 months would seem to coincide with Euro 2020 (21).  And for example Glastonbury totally cancelling 2020.  The tour almost exactly lined up to the original ⚽️  dates.  

With that said, I really hope they wait before deciding.  Some drug trials are occurring in various countries right now with already existing drugs and if something proves to be effective that could change a lot of predictions (in my non expert opinion).  Even if they give it a few weeks into mid April to decide that’s plenty of cancellation notice.  The NA tour postponement was just 9 days before the scheduled start date.

Euro 2020 was postponed because they need to make room this summer for the leagues to hopefully finish. Will they do that with fans in attendance? Time will tell but I doubt it. Glastonbury made the call this early since they are unable to make the preparations needed for the concert right now since no one is able to be working. Will other festivals follow soon that do not need as much prep work or will they wait much later to make the call? Also I fully suspect the Olympics to be postponed 1 year soon. Not because they think it will not be viable in the summer but because the athletes are being hindered with their training and preparations and some deem it as unsafe and unfair since some countries are on lockdown while others are not. Now we very likely would be in a situation in May that the Olympics would have cancelled anyway since this virus more than likely will still be active but as of right now I think groups that need the prep work will cancel and those that do not need much planning will wait until they see how these lockdowns work and what they are allowed to do once we are opened back up. 
    All true, PJNB! And I’m still foolishly hoping ;)
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    Europe tour will be postponed as well. Countries aren't letting international travel for 6 months (Australia) and if some aren't willing to stop travel that far in advance that's just being unwilling to say what everyone already knows. That large gatherings aren't going to happen in next 3-4 months
This discussion has been closed.