Pearl Jam is returning to Europe in 2020

Comments

• matt84matt84 Posts: 584
    Elbow’s gig at the Ziggo Dome has been re-scheduled from March 31st to June 21st. They’re obviously optimistic! That’s a whole month before Pearl Jam’s dates.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,696
    0%  it looks impossible with the amount of widespread carnage
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    matt84 said:
    Elbow’s gig at the Ziggo Dome has been re-scheduled from March 31st to June 21st. They’re obviously optimistic! That’s a whole month before Pearl Jam’s dates.

I'm not sure how many fans would travel for the likes of elbow, but I have to say I think it's a bit ridiculous rescheduling a March gig until June. Imagine arranging travel and hotels for the rearranged date only for it to be postponed again.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Agreed.  Although, if new dates were communicated as tentative, people could at least book rooms at flexible rates.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • JABKJABK Finland Posts: 293
    Finland is shutting down...for the first time since WW2...it doesn't look good. Some experts say that the virus can go away during the summer and then make a comeback in November as a seasonal flu. Still hoping for the best. We're lucky because we've only paid half the plane ticket, but it still sucks.

Take care of each other and all your loved ones...and wash your hands!
  • dresi_4dresi_4 Czech Republic Posts: 92
    Some interesting graphs in this document -> https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf 
    If correct the EU tour will have to be postponed too. All scenarios basically result in a peak sometime in June/July.
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191
    Euro footy championship postponed until next year.. absolutely 0% this tour goes ahead now although I’d be happy to be proved wrong, I’m just waiting on the email from the band now :|
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

Euro footy championship postponed until next year.. absolutely 0% this tour goes ahead now although I’d be happy to be proved wrong, I’m just waiting on the email from the band now :|
    I hate to agree but I agree.  Euro 2020 was to start 12 June 2020, just a few days before PJ Europe 2020.  The soccer is now scheduled for 11 June 2021, based on what I’ve seen.

PJ doesn’t necessarily have to delay a full year like the soccer, but with a likely US tour in fall 2020 and it being unlikely to play Europe in the winter, it seems hard to imagine it not being a full year.  

Whatever happens, may everyone be healthy enough to attend whenever it may be.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Well the ligues want to finish their seasons, otherwise they’d lose tons of money. So this decision had a bit more to it. 
    I‘m still holding a tiny hope for PJ
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 479
    I have no idea about percentages but Euro 2020 isn‘t proof, this tour is not going ahead. They didn‘t postpone to 2021 because of summer still being in chaos but because national leagues increased pressure. They want to finish their annual games over the summer, cause they are on pause right now.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    JackD. said:
    I have no idea about percentages but Euro 2020 isn‘t proof, this tour is not going ahead. They didn‘t postpone to 2021 because of summer still being in chaos but because national leagues increased pressure. They want to finish their annual games over the summer, cause they are on pause right now.
    You really think that Italy & Spain will have the all clear by July? Think about it would you feel safe going into a crowd of 20thousand only a couple of months after this issue and that’s even if this has passed! This shit is real 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    French Open moved to September.

• Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    There is absolutely no way this tour is happening.

None.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,663
    Lets hope for a miracle, with zero sport coming, the masters, french open, euros, boxing postponed, theatres and cinemas shut, we need a little light in the tunnel to grasp onto. 

I know its unlikely but I'm going to hold onto a little hope that this can go ahead.......Even if its seen as false hope.....
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    Glastonbury cancelled today 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    With Glastonbury cancelled, I think Hyde Park will be canceled too. I just want to cry. 
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    I'm not one to buy into the doom and gloom scenarios but South Korea has as of today scheduled resumed sports after 4 weeks of shut down. I think the landscape of the world will have an entirely different outlook after this thing peaks in the US in 3 weeks. We are about 10 days behind europe so their peak should be sooner. By May 1 it looks good to go if we isolate and do our parts.
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    I'm not one to buy into the doom and gloom scenarios but South Korea has as of today scheduled resumed sports after 4 weeks of shut down. I think the landscape of the world will have an entirely different outlook after this thing peaks in the US in 3 weeks. We are about 10 days behind europe so their peak should be sooner. By May 1 it looks good to go if we isolate and do our parts.
    Let's hope you're right. My thinking is life starts to pick back up and become "normal" again in July or August. 
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Jammin909 said:
    Let's hope you're right. My thinking is life starts to pick back up and become "normal" again in July or August. 
    They could always start the tour in Krakow. Tag on whatever they can on the end that was postponed at the start. It is doable but a lot has to happen around the whole world in the next 30-45 days for this to happen. 
    PJNB said:
    Jammin909 said:
    They could always start the tour in Krakow. Tag on whatever they can on the end that was postponed at the start. It is doable but a lot has to happen around the whole world in the next 30-45 days for this to happen. 
    Mike‘s festival is on August 7th though, isn’t it? Otherwise that’d be way better than nothing 
    edited March 2020
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJNB said:
    Jammin909 said:
    Mike‘s festival is on August 7th though, isn’t it? Otherwise that’d be way better than nothing 
    It is close and its just a thought on my part. I was optimistic the whole time about the spring tour too though and look where we are now. Another thought I had was not do any of the festivals since the planning and work is so much more in advance for those shows. If they  just went on an arena run would it be worth the trip for them though? I would assume the money is in the festivals. The easiest thing to do is to delay it until 2021 but if there is an opening this summer and we are able to finally get back to something normal I hope they give it a good shot. 
    They don’t have to make a decision for another month or so, but I cannot see a scenario where this summer Europe tour happens as scheduled.  Considering the festival components and other outdoor venues, it feels like it will be a full year postponement as opposed to fall or winter.  I’d love to be wrong and see everyone in Frankfurt in June, and I'm not trying to be negative, but I just can’t see that happening.

• jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    Jammin909 said:
    I'm just hoping. We need optimism. 8 to 15 weeks quarantine or social distancing is going to be brutal living alone. Just trying to find positive straws to grasp
  • CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    I think it would be wise for them to hold off, take a deep breath and watch how things unfold. By May they could make the decision and probably still get the show on the road. There´s a lot of panic right now. Should they cancel/postpone if things are worse by then? Yes. But as of right now, things could be very different by june/july. 

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,663
    I could handle a postponement if they pledge to play Leeds arena again for a 3 night stretch instead of hyde park........

There could always be that type of silver lining. 

Nick Cave tour was just postponed. Getting closer and closer to July.
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
    dresi_4 said:
    Nick Cave tour was just postponed. Getting closer and closer to July.
    Start date to that tour is over two months ahead of Pearl Jam's on April 19th. 
    PJNB said:
    True. I was focused on the specific date of the Czech concert which is quite close to the start of PJ tour.
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
    edited March 2020
    dresi_4 said:
    PJNB said:
    True. I was focused on the specific date of the Czech concert which is quite close to the start of PJ tour.
    Ya I did not mean to downplay it and feel it is still noteworthy imo. It is similar to Tool's spring cancelation they just put up a couple of days ago in North America timeline wise. Unless the governments jump way ahead of this I still think we are 2 months out on an announcement one way or the other unless things get even worse in the next month. Italy is projecting to peak on Mar 24th with a lot of other countries 1 week or more behind that.

Are there any other European tours that you can think of that start in May/June that we should be watching? 

PJNB said:
    dresi_4 said:
    PJNB said:
    Ya I did not mean to downplay it and feel it is still noteworthy imo. It is similar to Tool's spring cancelation they just put up a couple of days ago in North America timeline wise. Unless the governments jump way ahead of this I still think we are 2 months out on an announcement one way or the other unless things get even worse in the next month. Italy is projecting to peak on Mar 24th with a lot of other countries 1 week or more behind that.

Are there any other European tours that you can think of that start in May/June that we should be watching? 

The Foos play one concert in Berlin on June 10th. So they're probably around for more shows
This discussion has been closed.