I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ^ Is that an original Aja or the recent Back to Black? 
    Original, I found a vintage record store and got it for $4.  Those are just screenshots from Wiki I put above.

There are two pressings, AA 1006 and AB 1006.  The AA is the true original and people think it sounds slightly better because the stampers were fresher.  But they both sound awesome in my book.  If you ever run across a "Greatest Hits" from 78, check the runout groove for "RL" scratched in it.  If it's there, snap that sucker up.  It is also has explosive sound, like Aja.  
    Ohhh i gotcha.  I'll have to take a closer look tonight.  I went during my lunch hour and have it sitting in the car right now.

If it's in good shape, you can't go wrong with any 1977 pressing of that record, especially for $4. 
    Jackpot!

Hey congrats.  Sound good?
    Sounds great, I’m really proud of this find.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Andy Shauf - The Neon Skyline
    Purchased Friday at my favourite place to buy records - the merch table 😃
    The whole record is about a night out with two friends, and then an old flame shows up. It’s funny, poignant, and makes you feel how  awkward it would be. I’m positive this will be on my best of the year list in 10 months. 
  • toolietoolie Posts: 388
    DC29940 said:

Man I haven’t heard White Ladder in years. That was such a good album. 
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    toolie said:
    DC29940 said:

Man I haven’t heard White Ladder in years. That was such a good album. 
    Sounds great on vinyl too. Really took me back listening to it. Hard to believe its a 20th anniversary pressing. 
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    toolie said:
    Andy Shauf - The Neon Skyline
    Purchased Friday at my favourite place to buy records - the merch table 😃
    The whole record is about a night out with two friends, and then an old flame shows up. It’s funny, poignant, and makes you feel how  awkward it would be. I’m positive this will be on my best of the year list in 10 months. 
    Great Album!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    Just read that Hooray for Boobies from the Bloodhound Gang is being reissued on vinyl for it's 20 year anniversary.

The song Mope is still a masterpiece to me.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,601
    I didn’t realize there was a vinyl boot of Knebworth.  How is it?  That was one of the first bootlegs I ever had and traded.  I think I was in 9th grade when I acquired a copy.  I was so proud.
    edited March 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    I didn’t realize there was a vinyl boot of Knebworth.  How is it?  That was one of the first bootlegs I ever had and traded.  I think I was in 9th grade when I acquired a copy.  I was so proud.
    I used to have this  on vinyl. sounded great then. same pressing.  discogs shows this as a us press from 86? have got this back and reaquired a bbc show from june 69(ebay for both) that has white sumner/black mountainside on it. on the hunt for new orleans 73 and oakland 77 which would complete my vinyl boots of zep from back when.

the guy I bought the knebworth from has these 2 on cd and would burn me a set for a fee but I am hoping to come across vinyl again. dude said hes a hugefan and is selling off his multiples. can give you his name if you want.

crack is a motherfucker......

editbtw its the aug 4th show. there was a show on the 11th too but have never seen a boot of that.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    discogs listing.....

Led Zeppelin - Live At Knebworth August 4th 1979

Url: https://www.discogs.com/Led-Zeppelin-Live-At-Knebworth-August-4th-1979/release/3986974

Shared from the Discogs App

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    1988 Peter Murphy - Love Hysteria.....still sealed.....from Discogs.  Sounds wonderful! I love this album! Now to try and find a copy of Deep by Peter Murphy.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Two of my favourite albums of 2019 have just been released on vinyl as a 2-record set. 

Foy Vance ‘From Muscle Shoals’ and ‘To Memphis’

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)

edited March 2020
    I didn't realize you got the Destroyer.. that it arrived!  
    mrussel1 said:
    I didn't realize you got the Destroyer.. that it arrived!  
    oh yeah man.  seller is great to work with.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    mickeyrat said:

How is that Robert Johnson record sound?
    mickeyrat said:

How is that Robert Johnson record sound?
    havent heard this particular copy but my previous sounds like how it was recorded, mono in a hotel room with a single mic.....

I think it adds to the experience.

amazon buy. arrives monday...

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    RSD 2014 VERSION

mickeyrat said:

Can't find it.  Can you send me the link please?
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

seriously?

ok. theres other sellers about a buck cheaper. I went with the first one..

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

seriously?

I’m a dope. Realized i was searching Birds of a Feather, not brothers.
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

seriously?

cool. just came out like 2 weeks ago....

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited March 2020

A little hardcore and post-hardcore. Great records front to back. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Came across a sale today. Can’t wait to spin all of these beauties

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    edited March 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

seriously?

That’s what it say on the spine.