I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Just got The Roots from VMP.
    I dont know that particular album but i love what VMP did with the cover.  High quality. 
  • Few flea market finds in the South Okanagan and a visit to a little record store in Penticton found Jane’s Addiction and Tom Petty beauties.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    edited February 2020
    Is the Full Moon OG or repress?
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    Is the Full Moon OG or repress?
    OG but the Canadian original press from ‘89. Looked it up on Discogs. 
    Sounded great even though it is far from mint... has a few scratches. Glad to have it 👍
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411

• DewieCox said:

😂 that’s great 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    Gift from a friend

Miles Davis Tutu

polish version...... nm condition.

and

Herb Alpert presents Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    Gift from a friend

Miles Davis Tutu

and

mickeyrat said:
    Gift from a friend

Miles Davis Tutu

and

Herb Alpert you say?  I have a few in the attic from the parents.  I might have to clean them off.  How is the Davis?
    This is gorgeous... AP and QRP pressed.  200 grams.  

• jimcsotjimcsot Western Massachusetts Posts: 39
    mrussel1 said:
    This is gorgeous... AP and QRP pressed.  200 grams.  

Very cool. 

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Gift from a friend

Miles Davis Tutu

and

mickeyrat said:
    Gift from a friend

Miles Davis Tutu

and

Herb Alpert you say?  I have a few in the attic from the parents.  I might have to clean them off.  How is the Davis?
    not sure. havent spun it yet. looks really clean.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Elder - Dead Roots Rising
    Tim Hecker and Daniel Lopatin (Oneohtrix Point Never) - Instrumental Tourist
    Keef Hartley Band - The Time is Near
    I don't know any of those!  Genre?
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't know any of those!  Genre?
    Elder is stoner rock, and good stoner rock. Instrumental tourist is like kinda experimental ambient weirdness. And Keef Hartley is a drummer, I don’t know much about his band except that they played Woodstock. That’s the only one I haven’t spun yet. I just keep playing Elder over and over. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    toolie said:

Keef Hartley!  Nice!

I don't have that one- how is it?

Have had Halfbreed though for a long time.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    Bruce Springsteen - The Rising

Been on my to buy list for about 10 or 12 years.   Happy to see it get a vinyl reissue :)
  • jimcsot said:

I got this and I think it sounds wonderful.
    brianlux said:
    toolie said:

Keef Hartley!  Nice!

I don't have that one- how is it?

Have had Halfbreed though for a long time.

I still haven’t listened to it! Hopefully this weekend, but heading to see Andy Shauf tonight. I find it weird I’d never heard of Keef. He must have been kinda big back then to play Woodstock?? 
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    ^ Is that an original Aja or the recent Back to Black? 
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    Original, I found a vintage record store and got it for $4.  Those are just screenshots from Wiki I put above.

mrussel1 said:
    Original, I found a vintage record store and got it for $4.  Those are just screenshots from Wiki I put above.

There are two pressings, AA 1006 and AB 1006.  The AA is the true original and people think it sounds slightly better because the stampers were fresher.  But they both sound awesome in my book.  If you ever run across a "Greatest Hits" from 78, check the runout groove for "RL" scratched in it.  If it's there, snap that sucker up.  It is also has explosive sound, like Aja.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

There are two pressings, AA 1006 and AB 1006.  The AA is the true original and people think it sounds slightly better because the stampers were fresher.  But they both sound awesome in my book.  If you ever run across a "Greatest Hits" from 78, check the runout groove for "RL" scratched in it.  If it's there, snap that sucker up.  It is also has explosive sound, like Aja.  
    Ohhh i gotcha.  I'll have to take a closer look tonight.  I went during my lunch hour and have it sitting in the car right now.

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Ohhh i gotcha.  I'll have to take a closer look tonight.  I went during my lunch hour and have it sitting in the car right now.

If it's in good shape, you can't go wrong with any 1977 pressing of that record, especially for $4. 

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

If it's in good shape, you can't go wrong with any 1977 pressing of that record, especially for $4. 
    Jackpot!

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Jackpot!

Hey congrats.  Sound good?

That Death album is sick. I love Keep on Knocking. 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited February 2020
    jimcsot said:

That Death album is sick. I love Keep on Knocking. 
    Amazing album. Sounds fantastic. 

But it pales in comparison to getting the OG SNFU debut album. I’ve played it twice already ... saw those Canadian punk legends many times in my younger years.  James was a fan too 👍

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on