Things that give you hope.

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:
    Well now... well, well, well.

It will surprise me if this thread doesn't go down in flames.  That would be a shame.  It will feel hopeful if it doesn't.
    Seems like as long as we don’t wish death on anyone, we’re good. And no one has done that. Hope for all!

You are, of course, 100% correct.  I was just hoping for some positive vibes on this thread when I started it.  Sorry dude, I'm not on your wavelength.

Speaking of, this song has a kind of cool hopeful vibe:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

It will surprise me if this thread doesn't go down in flames.  That would be a shame.  It will feel hopeful if it doesn't.
    Seems like as long as we don’t wish death on anyone, we’re good. And no one has done that. Hope for all!

You are, of course, 100% correct.  I was just hoping for some positive vibes on this thread when I started it.  Sorry dude, I'm not on your wavelength.

Ha great song but I have to point out that you mentioned wavelength! As it happens to be my favorite VM song is Wavelength 🙂 Great song.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    brianlux said:
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

Ha great song but I have to point out that you mentioned wavelength! As it happens to be my favorite VM song is Wavelength 🙂 Great song.

Sweet!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    ecdanc said:
    brianlux said:

Your post was deleted because it was inappropriate. It is not ok to re-post. Please see the Posting Guidelines. Thank you
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Kat said:
    Excellent! 

• RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    Kat said:
    Awesome! The joy on his face is priceless.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Mittens gives me hope.
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Kat said:
    kce8 said:
    Thank you for posting this...it gave my soul some soothing today.
    My pleasure, that makes me happy! :smile:
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited February 2020
    She knew that the acoustics were great where she was. :) Very nice and very beautiful.

Post edited by Kat on
  • My niece  , she is 18 , on her 18th birthday she went to register to vote. Her and her friends are all talk politics and want to get into politics in the future.

Her friends care so much about other humans , the world , well being of others. She is so open minded , to see someone who would not blink about someone's sexuality puts a smile on my face. To talk politics with her , she is so much further ahead of the curve than I was at 18.

Gets involved , volunteers , stands up to bully's. I just cant say enough. Always puts a smile on my face.  

Matts3221 said:

My niece  , she is 18 , on her 18th birthday she went to register to vote. Her and her friends are all talk politics and want to get into politics in the future.

Her friends care so much about other humans , the world , well being of others. She is so open minded , to see someone who would not blink about someone's sexuality puts a smile on my face. To talk politics with her , she is so much further ahead of the curve than I was at 18.

Gets involved , volunteers , stands up to bully's. I just cant say enough. Always puts a smile on my face.  

Kudos to your niece, Matts, that's fantastic!

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    learning jazz guitar has given me hope.  besides that, f this world.
  • Matts3221 said:

My niece  , she is 18 , on her 18th birthday she went to register to vote. Her and her friends are all talk politics and want to get into politics in the future.

This is what the world needs my 18 year old is like that.  Proud
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Kudos to the young people! 
    And also to the parents and families, who raised them to be who they are.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    edited March 2020
    A moia statue on easter island ....

... stopped a pickup truck without brakes (and possibly drunk operator) from launching into the ocean

Perhaps the soul of this god was trapped for nearly a thousand years with the one purpose of keeping Floyd (that looks like a truck that Floyd would drive) from entering the Darwin Award thread this fine Sunday morning and instead be in The Things That Give You Hope.  Perhaps some ancient god is looking out for you too. 

I bet he had to chuck 30 empty Keystone Lights out of the bed of that shitbox down onto the beach before the local constable showed up to monitor his latest fuck up.
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    I'm out with my mom quite a bit. She's 80, uses a cane, and does not move very fast at all. People stop their cars for her when she crosses the parking lot. They help us open doors. They slow down when they come up behind us in a store (even though I know by the look on their face, they're like, I really, really want to pass this lady :-). Parents tell their flailing children to chill out when our paths cross. It's nice to know that people will remember their good manners around old people.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    The Fan 2 Fan thread gives me hope. Honestly. I’m not being sarcastic or funny. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    The Fan 2 Fan thread gives me hope. Honestly. I’m not being sarcastic or funny. 

Fan 2 Fan?  Sounds interesting.  What is it?

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited March 2020
    nvm
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,394
    Thank you Kat for the basketball game video. I also appreciated the Robyn Dance breakout video SC. I'll try to come up with something to full your buckets, too.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    January 20, 2021

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    This is very cool!  Angela Haseltine Pozzi takes plastic that has washed up on the shore in Oregon and makes amazing sculptures out of it.  Her site says:
    "We Create Art to Save the Sea!!

Washed Ashore builds and exhibits aesthetically powerful art to educate a global audience about plastic pollution in the ocean and waterways and spark positive changes in consumer habits."

https://washedashore.org/

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Twenty-three year sentence for that fucker Weinstein. 

Now if this shit would stop altogether by the those known and unknown...THAT would be something. 

Meantime, fuck Harvey. I hope prison is hell. 
    We are resilient. We're going to get a bit stir-crazy and not everyone will handle it well. Try to find ways to stay positive as we get through this very difficult time....and take good care of each other, mentally as well as physically. If you need help, ask someone for what you need. People want to be helpful. Big hugs.

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Kat said:
    We are resilient. We're going to get a bit stir-crazy and not everyone will handle it well. Try to find ways to stay positive as we get through this very difficult time....and take good care of each other, mentally as well as physically. If you need help, ask someone for what you need. People want to be helpful. Big hugs.

From my hometown.

https://twitter.com/CBCEyeopener/status/1239546815587942407