Andrew Yang's Humanity Forward Movement

123457»

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    But Brian, he still is having an effect:

"An Emerson College poll from late January found that 42% of Yang supporters would refuse to support any other Democratic nominee.

Out of the nine percent of supporters who said they were willing to switch, 30% said they would back Joe Biden and 27% said they would support Mr Sanders. Mr Yang supported the senator in 2016."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51481050

I find these numbers disheartening.  Well mostly the 42%.  It seems we have all forgotten how to compromise.

hippiemom = goodness
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814

"An Emerson College poll from late January found that 42% of Yang supporters would refuse to support any other Democratic nominee.

Out of the nine percent of supporters who said they were willing to switch, 30% said they would back Joe Biden and 27% said they would support Mr Sanders. Mr Yang supported the senator in 2016."

I find these numbers disheartening.  Well mostly the 42%.  It seems we have all forgotten how to compromise.

Yang bros?
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    ecdanc said:

Yang bros?
    I thought it was strange an almost identical split between moving to Biden and Bernie.  Opposites (well in this campaign anyhow).  If Biden drops...I wonder if that 30% move on to Amy or Pete or over to Bernie or become part of that currently 42%.

hippiemom = goodness
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408

given his lower tier status the entirety of his campaign, I'm curious how many actual people this is.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812

Is every following cult-like?  I like Yang, but how, oh how, could it be "him or nobody?" Tulsi's supporters are even worse (I think a lot them will vote for Trump; fortunately there are not many of them).  Bernie?

I'll say one thing for the moderate candidates: I can't fathom anyone saying "Biden or nobody!" (or Amy, or Warren)
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592

I didn't know about this.  Thanks, Cincy.  Yes, leave it open!

That is a bit disturbing on a couple of levels.  Firstly, because, GOD GAWD! we need to get Tramp out of the What House.   Secondly, because...

OnWis97 said:

Is every following cult-like?  I like Yang, but how, oh how, could it be "him or nobody?" Tulsi's supporters are even worse (I think a lot them will vote for Trump; fortunately there are not many of them).  Bernie?

I'll say one thing for the moderate candidates: I can't fathom anyone saying "Biden or nobody!" (or Amy, or Warren)

...it really does seem a bit cult-like.  I totally get the love for Yang and I understand at least a mild disdain for moderates- at least when it comes to serious issues that are overdue for taking strong action on such as our adding to much CO2 to the atmosphere.  But not voting for any other Democratic nominee is foolish.  Yang would agree.  I hope when he throws his support to the dem nominee (and he will) his more cult-like followers will get on board with that. I sure as heck will.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    brianlux said:

I didn't know about this.  Thanks, Cincy.  Yes, leave it open!

That is a bit disturbing on a couple of levels.  Firstly, because, GOD GAWD! we need to get Tramp out of the What House.   Secondly, because...

OnWis97 said:

...it really does seem a bit cult-like.  I totally get the love for Yang and I understand at least a mild disdain for moderates- at least when it comes to serious issues that are overdue for taking strong action on such as our adding to much CO2 to the atmosphere.  But not voting for any other Democratic nominee is foolish.  Yang would agree.  I hope when he throws his support to the dem nominee (and he will) his more cult-like followers will get on board with that. I sure as heck will.
    That's a good point.  Based on his behavior thus far, I'd say he'll think of the greater good and likely have the pragmatism to fully support that person.  And probably not even in a "blue no matter who" tone but "here's why this candidate is good."  Hopefully that, and time, bring some people along to the reality that (candidate) may not be ideal, but is way better than Trump.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368

Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    Now that Andrew Yang has dropped out of the 2020 race, I've changes the heading of this thread to the more appropriate one that reflects his latest efforts to move forward with his Humanity Forward movement.  This is exciting stuff and I hope some here will take a few moments to check it out here:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Thanks for that info. I joined the groups mailing list. Yang was one of my alternate choices after Bernie and I was sorry to see him exit the race. One of the few candidates that understands there are some important drastic changes that need to be made to heal our sick society.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    Thanks for that info. I joined the groups mailing list. Yang was one of my alternate choices after Bernie and I was sorry to see him exit the race. One of the few candidates that understands there are some important drastic changes that need to be made to heal our sick society.

Very cool, static.  :plus_one: