• ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion on anything they want to have an opinion on, Mr. Thought Police.
    That doesn't mean everyone is entitled to a VOTE on every issue, but we all have opinions, including Mr. Thought Police.

I like Yang, he's a smart fellow and I would be glad to have him as POTUS.
    Why? 
    Having freedom of thought is an intrinsic part of being human.  Most opinions probably aren't worth a damn, but that doesn't mean we should control what people think.  Not that we could, anyways.
    I'm shocked a University professor would be so eager to censor the very thoughts of those with whom he disagrees.
    Who is censoring? I'm in no position to censor anyone but myself. And I do.

This is why I earlier said that I find cincy (and perhaps you) more arrogant than me: you grant yourself the right to have an opinion on literally everything. I would never claim that for myself. 
    you literally have said several times over many threads "you aren't entitled to an opinion on this". not sure how it can be a more clear example of censoring. 

gambs is a self-professed arrogant. and i think i can speak for many that we still love him to bits. 
    Shit, man, I didn't realize when I said that that I deleted your comments. I'll wield my power more responsibly from here on out. 

Alternate response: you don't know what the word "censor" means. 
    It might just be the latter.
    i know perfectly well what it means, but thanks for yet another unoriginal thought. 
    Zing, you really got me there.

Here's another unoriginal thought, you don't know what true censorship means, it's either by ignorance or stubbornness. I really don't care but it is amusing.

Nobody was censored.

On topic, I liked Yang. But am glad to see him throw in the towel now, it was the right time. A candidate with ideas ahead of his time.
    I'm not interested in "zings". pointing out an annoying pattern of yours. I'm not interested in your constant "I'm going to agree with THIS guy and pile on the guy he disagrees with instead of adding to the discussion in any meaningful way". 
    “Seconded”
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion on anything they want to have an opinion on, Mr. Thought Police.
    That doesn't mean everyone is entitled to a VOTE on every issue, but we all have opinions, including Mr. Thought Police.

Why? 
    Having freedom of thought is an intrinsic part of being human.  Most opinions probably aren't worth a damn, but that doesn't mean we should control what people think.  Not that we could, anyways.
    I'm shocked a University professor would be so eager to censor the very thoughts of those with whom he disagrees.

This is why I earlier said that I find cincy (and perhaps you) more arrogant than me: you grant yourself the right to have an opinion on literally everything. I would never claim that for myself. 
    you literally have said several times over many threads "you aren't entitled to an opinion on this". not sure how it can be a more clear example of censoring. 

gambs is a self-professed arrogant. and i think i can speak for many that we still love him to bits. 
    Shit, man, I didn't realize when I said that that I deleted your comments. I'll wield my power more responsibly from here on out. 

i know perfectly well what it means, but thanks for yet another unoriginal thought. 

Here's another unoriginal thought, you don't know what true censorship means, it's either by ignorance or stubbornness. I really don't care but it is amusing.

Nobody was censored.

On topic, I liked Yang. But am glad to see him throw in the towel now, it was the right time. A candidate with ideas ahead of his time.
    I'm not interested in "zings". pointing out an annoying pattern of yours. I'm not interested in your constant "I'm going to agree with THIS guy and pile on the guy he disagrees with instead of adding to the discussion in any meaningful way". 
    I agree with this guy so I'm piling on without adding to the discussion in anyway...ironic isn't it?  Did I use ironic properly?  My generation was hosed by Alanis and we are never really sure.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    ecdanc said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

“Seconded”
    was what I said offensive? I merely agreed without adding any unnecessary jabs at anyone. see how that works?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

I agree with this guy so I'm piling on without adding to the discussion in anyway...ironic isn't it?  Did I use ironic properly?  My generation was hosed by Alanis and we are never really sure.
    haha, that alanis thing has always been so funny to me. people dissecting a lyric to a song and making a big deal out of it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    ecdanc said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

“Seconded”
    was what I said offensive? I merely agreed without adding any unnecessary jabs at anyone. see how that works?
    It’s like a free ride when you’ve already paid. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

haha, that alanis thing has always been so funny to me. people dissecting a lyric to a song and making a big deal out of it. 

Tell me about the Alanis thing- I don't know that one.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

the song Ironic. every scenario in that song isn't actually ironic, they are more just shitty things that happened to be people (a man afraid to fly, then his plane goes down). she got skewered for butchering the definition of the word, (a few) people even claiming it was going to have a lasting "dumbing down" effect on people listening to it. 

Is Alanis ironic actually ironic?
    Alanis Morissette's song “Ironic” is equally useful. If it rains on your wedding day, that's a coincidence, not an irony. If you win the lottery and drop dead before claiming the money, it's good luck followed by bad luck. If you meet the man of your dreams and then meet his beautiful wife, it's a bummer.Jun 30, 2008
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

I don't think you know what irony means either.

Two things I agreed with Yang on, circumcision and UBI.
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

the song Ironic. every scenario in that song isn't actually ironic, they are more just shitty things that happened to be people (a man afraid to fly, then his plane goes down). she got skewered for butchering the definition of the word, (a few) people even claiming it was going to have a lasting "dumbing down" effect on people listening to it. 

Alanis Morissette's song “Ironic” is equally useful. If it rains on your wedding day, that's a coincidence, not an irony. If you win the lottery and drop dead before claiming the money, it's good luck followed by bad luck. If you meet the man of your dreams and then meet his beautiful wife, it's a bummer.Jun 30, 2008

Thank you!  Interesting. 

So is getting on AMT to catch up on current events an example of irony?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

More zings.  Why?

dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

I do just fine without your "thoughts", chester. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

More zings.  Why?
    Weren't you just complaining about keeping the topic on Yang?

Not a lot of talk about Yang here.

I also was impressed with Yang's wife and her bravery in talking about her sexual assault. She would have made a very good first lady.
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

Thank you!  Interesting. 

So is getting on AMT to catch up on current events an example of irony?
    no, it's an example of psychological sado-masechism. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

More zings.  Why?

I also was impressed with Yang's wife and her bravery in talking about her sexual assault. She would have made a very good first lady.

Yes, but I just get tired of the dig, dignin.

I agree, Yang's wife seems like a very bright lady.  I've enjoyed listening to a few of her interviews.  I hope we'll be seeing more of the Yangs in the future!

dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

Who is Chester?

A relative of Yang?
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

More zings.  Why?

I agree, Yang's wife seems like a very bright lady.  I've enjoyed listening to a few of her interviews.  I hope we'll be seeing more of the Yangs in the future!
    so he can make a shitty comment to someone, but when called on it, turns it around about you complaining about not being on topic. 

OH, THE IRONY, ALANIS
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

More zings.  Why?

so he can make a shitty comment to someone, but when called on it, turns it around about you complaining about not being on topic. 

OH, THE IRONY, ALANIS
    Oh please, stop piling on, I don't think I can take it anymore! I may need to throw a temper tantrum, call people names and proclaim I will never go on the AMT again, only to keep showing up.

Nah, I'm only joking, I would never do that.

Another thing I liked about Yang, he had a good sense of humour.
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

More zings.  Why?

OH, THE IRONY, ALANIS
    Oh please, stop piling on, I don't think I can take it anymore! I may need to throw a temper tantrum, call people names and proclaim I will never go on the AMT again, only to keep showing up.

Now you're only sort-of staying on topic as an excuse for slipping in another dig.  Not cool.

brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

More zings.  Why?

OH, THE IRONY, ALANIS

Now you're only sort-of staying on topic as an excuse for slipping in another dig.  Not cool.
    Maybe stop being so selective in what you want to call out, or just mind your own business. That's not cool.
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

More zings.  Why?

OH, THE IRONY, ALANIS

Maybe stop being so selective in what you want to call out, or just mind your own business. That's not cool.

What the fuck is it with this place today.  Let's just do a Chuck Dukowski and all get out our guns and see who's the last one standing.

• Yang is gone. Get on the Bernie train. We all know Yang himself is firmly on it. "choo choo*
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Yang is gone. Get on the Bernie train. We all know Yang himself is firmly on it. "choo choo*
    Ch'boogie
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    dignin said:
    Who is Chester?

A relative of Yang?

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

More zings.  Why?

OH, THE IRONY, ALANIS

Now this here is irony.
    hippiemom = goodness
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

More zings.  Why?

OH, THE IRONY, ALANIS

stop trying to use this like it bothers me. it's pathetic. 

if you consider calling out someone for their constant shitty behaviour towards other members throwing a temper tantrum, then get me a fucking box of diapers a soother dipped in whiskey. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

More zings.  Why?

OH, THE IRONY, ALANIS

LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

More zings.  Why?

OH, THE IRONY, ALANIS

dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

More zings.  Why?

OH, THE IRONY, ALANIS

it is fucking hilarious you posted these right after each other. 

self-aware much?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

More zings.  Why?

OH, THE IRONY, ALANIS

dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    brianlux said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:
    ecdanc said:
    rgambs said:

Why? 

Nobody was censored.

More zings.  Why?

OH, THE IRONY, ALANIS

it is fucking hilarious you posted these right after each other. 

self-aware much?

When was the last time you discussed Yang? This thread isn't about me, maybe it's time you move along if you don't want to discuss Yang. I'm sure Yang would want that, seemed like a cool guy. This obsession with me is starting to look sad and petty.
    jeffbr said:
    dignin said:
    Who is Chester?

A relative of Yang?

Ahhh, that Chester. That guy is a cool cat, I'm flattered.
    Mods, please close this thread.  Yang has dropped out for 2020.  If he runs again in the future, a new thread would make more sense.  There is nothing more to say here.

I respectfully request this thread be closed.  Thank you.